We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 22:17

That's why I think a Feb/March launch is more feasible.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 22:20

I think if I was a Nintendo share holder, I'd be fuming though for a launch around that time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 22:24

Leak inbound.

NX Controller?:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 0:14

Saw the picture mock-up of that a couple of weeks back and I immediately dismissed them as lies, because a design like that was too stupid to be real. Or so I had thought.

I genuinely pray that this is just another fake, because that is possibly the single worst "controller" I have ever seen in my entire life. It just doesn't work on so many levels I can't see how anybody thought to give it the okay. Ignoring the lack of proper sticks for a minute which I hear can be adaptad to from steam controller users and focussing on the far bigger issues: size and lack of face buttons.

The size and shape of the controller means hand cramp central, no ifs ands or buts. Modern controllers are as large as they are for a reason; to give them a shell that allows a person to hold them for hours on end without harming ones own hands from RSI. This controller is RIS central. No proper handles, it's almost as bad for long gaming sessions as the wii remote on its side was.

The lack of buttons means one thing: touch screen buttons. I trust I don't need to point out how genuinely mind bogglingly stupid having touch screen buttons on a home console controller is. Physical buttons are a thing for a reason, a person can easily and quickly muscle memorize them and play at far FAR higher reaction speeds than they would otherwise, and it gets worse, the lack of face buttons means you'll frequently either hit the wrong button or miss the button without meaning to, forcing you to take your eyes off the game and look at the controller.

That controller seems to ignore literally any and all sense of common sense in controller design. There's being different and making it work, ala the original Wii, and then there's trying to be different to such an extent you create something genuinely moronic. Even if the NX allows for a similar "classic controller" like the Wii and U have, if this is the default controller it launches is the thing is dead on arrival.

I'm still not convinced it's real, because I don't see how a actual successful company could create something like that and think it will work, but I will admit to one thing: I'm genuinely scared now. I'm scared of the NX, and I'm concerned over Nintendo's future if this ends up real.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 6:36

The horror of touch screen controls is something I'm still getting used to myself, so I share your concern. However, the only Nintendo controller I've ever looked at and didn't think "I'll never get used to that" was the GamePad. If the 'buttons' can be fixed in place, and the thing is super sensitive, they might just be able to pull it off. Otherwise - well, I'll never get used to that...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 8:47

If it's genuine (which I doubt) I'm sure I'll get used to it, but... yeah, no.

EDIT: Almost certainly not genuine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 10:38

That's good - as much as I wouldn't mind seeing something innovative from Nintendo, that controller would be a bit much for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 11:12

Now I don't believe that thing is the actual NX controller but if it is if anyone could make it work it'd be Nintendo, I saw this a few moments ago & it made me more interested in the concept.

I still would not be a fan of it being the main controller of the console though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 12:42

I quite liked the look of it (and I have small hands) but the no-buttons thing, the dodgy sticks, the round screen... none of it felt like somehting Nintendo would do.

That said, does anyone remember the original gamepad having 3DS circle pads?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 12:45

Yes! And then certain websites used that out-of-date Gamepad picture for years after the actual sticked-up thing had been released...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:22

Hmm see I heard it was a leak from Ubisoft, who'd you think would have a NX especially if BG&E2 is coming for the NX.

The controller does look like it's very portable.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:12

masofdas wrote:
Hmm see I heard it was a leak from Ubisoft, who'd you think would have a NX especially if BG&E2 is coming for the NX.

The controller does look like it's very portable.

Same tree confirmed. Winky Face

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 CeQGc-SW4AAiAtp

EDIT: So it is fake after all.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/254714-leaked-nx-controller-confirmed-fake-by-leaker-himself
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 9:42

There's another rumour scotched then. Meh Deep breaths all round. This is NX silly season.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:46

Silly season is fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 9:17

Thank f*** that rumour was taken out back and shot in the head, although I still worry. This is Nintendo after all. They are stupid and genius in equal measure.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 9:26

There's a fine line between genius and insanity, they say. Nintendo dance around the line like a Christmas party drunk.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:31

The biggest clue is that the hoaxer made their thing look exactly like Nintendo's patent. Patent drawings are deliberately designed to be as simplistic as possible, so that the patentee can claim ownership of a wide variety of potentially similar designs/mechanics. Nintendo aren't going to make their controller look like the 1992 Red Dot design aware for Best Gravy Boat, and then have developers design UIs - or even game screens as the first image tried to show - fit that impractical shape.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 11:14

I think it says more about people on the internet who believed it to be true than it does about Nintendo, while they aren't immune to making mistakes just look at the great innovations Nintendo have made when it comes to controllers.

For that reason alone I found most people's reactions to this absolutely hilarious.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 13:35

NX Software rumors:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 20:44

So NL have done a piece on some rumours regarding the NX controller and "a major game project". In light of the recent talk on leaks, keep any discussion in clearly labelled spoilers. I only scrolled part of the way through the article, and only saw the controller "gimmick" (because I'm quite concerned about that), so I'm only going to talk about and only want to read about that ta.

Kudos, by the way, to NL in the way they've displayed this. Unrevealing title, no hints in subtitle (but specifically stating spoilers), breaks in the article below which people can choose not to read if they've mis-clicked... this is how reporting of leaks should be handled. Or "leaks", because it could still all be tripe.

NX controller ONLY:

I haven't mentioned the apparent game reveal and am happy to remain in the dark about that, please mention in your spoiler title if you're discussing it thankee.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 14:12

Reply to Balla:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 21:15

I think that's more or less my spoiler's middle paragraph, isn't it?  I pretty much agree with you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 20:39

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyMon 18 Apr 2016 - 23:30

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016 - 9:19

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next