We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:20

That was class. That was absolute quality. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Switch looks like it's got loads of potential. I'm well looking forward to March.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:22

Now that is how you show off a product.  The gimmick and what it is is clear as day, and it's gimmick that'll have actual use too.  Plus they're tying their handheld and home console as one thing now, so odds are they'll do a hell of a lot better than they've been doing up till now.

lol'd at how they showed off Wii U games, is it safe to say they're going to pretend it never happened?  

Might even get it at launch if it launches with mk8 and Splatoon.  

Surprised to see Skyrim, won't be picking it up though.  If I called it the glitchiest game I've ever played I'd be being generous, and the fact Bugthesda took over three entire months to even attempt to patch it, yeah, lets just say they used Will 'o Wisp on me and it was Super Effective.

Also, anybody else laugh at the basketball players playing a basketball video game fresh off the court? Come on Nintendo, everyone knows people that play a sport aren't going to do something like that, not when the court is ten feet away!

Last edited by Athrun888 on Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:23

I can't see it being as low as 200, I'd say £250 min, if not £300+, this is Brexit Britain after all...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:24

Fair to say this knocks the Wii U reveal out of the park then?  In fact when did Ninty last do a hardware reveal as grand as this?

And of course the BBC's piece digs up an analyst who spends the entire article slagging off the Wii U. Rolling Eyes At least it made it on the site, but Christ.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:30

We've got pictures which gives us some more info
Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 CvN5vaQWYAA827k
Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 CvN88xxXEAA0ltQ
Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 CvN5RHUWcAEXiL9
Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 CvN4UMZWIAAxB_8

Also its been confirmed it  is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards. More info here, on th NVIDIA site.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:31

Lots of big-name support as well.

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 CvN6qj6XEAAMV30

I'm very optimistic about the Switch, based on what we've seen today. I can honestly remember watching the Wii U reveal in 2011 and thinking 'this isn't going to take off', that it was destined to struggle. Wii U was a console that needed an idea more than an idea that needed a console.

Switch, on the other hand, I think that it could do really well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:36

The Wii U had a similar list also some of those are studios within companies like Tokyo RPG is part of Square, Atlus is a part of SEGA etc.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:39

From Software!? Does that mean Dark Souls inbound? Afraid
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:40

That would actually be up to Namco who are on the list as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:41

I'd be up for Souls HD Collection.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:42

From Software are on 3DS, don't get too excited.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:44

Chuffing hell!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:48

Some reports coming out that it will region free which is great news if true along with specs, features etc but from knowing what NVIDIA and Nintendo have said I would take all those with a pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 15:58

For anyone who, like me, doesn't have a clue what Mas and others are going on about with the chip names and such, Scully had this to say on them: "Very powerful and very energy efficient. Should mean great graphics and decent battery life"

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:01

I have never bought a console on day one, but this reveal is extremely promising. I'm glad Nintendo have partnered with Nvidia to get this thing running - their work with powerful portable PC streaming devices should be invaluable here, and they make the best graphics cards around. First impressions are that this could be the kit that runs things at a (somewhat) "hardcore" level, but has that Nintendo touch and seal of approval.

It's great to see a vast array of developers on board, and a device whose functionality should appeal to everyone. Let's just pray the battery isn't crap.

I just hope it makes those satisfying click noises every time you "switch."

For all the shit people have given Ninty for remaining quiet on this, their silence was absolutely worth it. In just a few minutes they've sold me on the concept, the device quality, and developer support. A new hybrid concept had to be pitched just right to get people interested, and that's exactly what they've accomplished.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:16

Balladeer wrote:
For anyone who, like me, doesn't have a clue what Mas and others are going on about with the chip names and such, Scully had this to say on them: "Very powerful and very energy efficient. Should mean great graphics and decent battery life"

Thumbs Up!

That Tegra X1 is what is used in the NVIDIA SHIELD which is both a tablet and some weird controller with a screen coming out of it, which the Switch tablet and Pro Pad do look a lot like. The leaks last night were saying powered by a custom X2, which seems likely.

The X1 can run things like Resident Evil 5 from PS3 etc okay based of a Digital Foundry video I've seen along with other last gen games, now X2 is more powerful that it shouldn't have a problem running likes of a Skyrim Remaster which basically just the PC version on max settings coming to console.

Only thing is my old laptop can play Skyrim at max settings, not well but it can that I think the Switch will be a super-powered last gen system which for on the go is rather decent being able to play games of that quality without compromises like the smartphone port of FFXII or Bioshock which don't work great but the Switch should be able to run them better then the PS360 and be of the remaster standards of the PS4ONE.

This is the shields battery life from a review which would give some idea on the Switch which has hopefully been improved

With the same 19.75Wh lithium-ion battery as featured in Nvidia's original Shield tablet, you’re looking at a similar battery life to before.
The company claims that you'll achieve 10 hours of HD video playback; in our tests it was closer to 8hrs 30mins for continuous video playback.
When it comes to gaming, I went from 100% battery to 40% in two hours – playing a combination of Juju with the controller connected, Xenowerk and Tales from the Borderlands. This means you’ll get around three to four hours of intensive gaming on a single charge, as you lose around 30% battery per hour.
If you’re going to try GeForce Now, or are planning to utilise the Console Mode, I’d recommended plugging the Nvidia Shield into the mains to avoid any save game losses.For video playback, I lost only around 15% watching Netflix over Wi-Fi, and even less while watching video content stored on the microSD card with Wi-Fi turned off. What’s more, we’re assuming that Nvidia has fixed the battery issues that plagued last year’s Shield Tablet. But only time will tell.

I'm still iffy on the develops as I remember EA coming on stage showing Battlefield and others doing the same and we got none of it on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:29

To be honest, there's a lot of variables with the graphics card power. The original Tegra chip came out over a year ago, Nvidia have probably been working on better revisions since then. How much better, it's hard to say, but they could also have been working on SLI support for the chip - which in laymans terms means it can run 2 (even 4) graphics cards at once with the right motherboard.

Knowing Nintendo, this won't be up to the PS4/One, but fall somewhere behind due to being a handheld-ish device. But the hardware of those consoles is pretty mid/low tier for a PC - even back when they were released - so if Ninvidia wanted to, they could definitely make the Switch run at a comparable level to the PS4 and One. The question is will they? I'd wager no, but Nvidia have always pushed the envelope so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:36

Sure and from the rumors this a custom X2 which only recently came out, and only been used in cars far as I'm aware off that only thing can base this of is the X1 in the sheild which can run last gen games but not well.

That if the X2 can do more then that and can do high settings of last gen PC versions to me that be great.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:37

Muss wrote:
Ninvidia

Yes.

One thing Nintendo didn't give away: when we'll see anything more detailed about the console. DAMN YOU! Don't get me wrong, we got more than I was expecting anyway, but it still leaves things like launch (window) games, exact date, and (crucially from a success perspective) price up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:40

This looks bloody brilliant.

It's a genuinely useful innovation that people will use but which doesn't massively influence how games will be designed, which is ideal. Plus it will allow, as everyone ever has said, Nintendo to pump out lots of software for one machine.

To the surprise of nobody, I am absolutely sold. I just need an exact date and price so I can book time off and start putting money aside.

My only issue: it won't fit in my pocket. I won't be able to sneak to the toilet for sneaky worktime game sessions!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
My only issue: it won't fit in my pocket. I won't be able to sneak to the toilet for sneaky worktime game sessions!

I think that's for the best, I don't want to get fired. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:42

Muss and Mas and that wrote:
Loads of technical gubbins.

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Balladeer wrote:
I don't want to get fired. Aww!

We don't have that in common . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:44

I've been going the right way about it today, I've not done any proper work since 1445. Pale

Drunkalilly wrote:
Muss and Mas and that wrote:
Loads of technical gubbins.

Balladeer wrote:

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:52

I don't think I did any work after like 9:30 today what with this, and waiting to hear back from a job interview, and general disillusionment.

Athrun888 wrote:
Also, anybody else laugh at the basketball players playing a basketball video game fresh off the court?  Come on Nintendo, everyone knows people that play a sport aren't going to do something like that, not when the court is ten feet away!  

Sure they do! Real sports get tiring. My friends definitely go straight to playing FIFA before and after real kickabouts. Sports people are really tiresome. Just like I probably am to people who aren't into dinosaurs and robots and Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next