We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:57

Aye this looks great! Though as I've said before I personally won't get much use out of the handheld aspect of it but having that option is nice, now all they have to show me is Monster Hunter & Dark Souls.

---

Spoiler:

The pro controller is a belter too with it's nice chunky face buttons, is that a NFC reader next to the D-pad or some sort of share button?

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:09

Just watched it, looks okay I guess. THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR, DID YOU GUYS SEE THE BIT WHEN IT WAS ON THE TV THEN WASN'T? DID YOU SEE THE BIT WHEN IT WAS SPLATOON? DID YOU SEE THE BIT WITH LOZ? DID YOU SEE THE BITT WITH THE STAGGERED ANALOG STICKS? STAGGERED ANALOG STICKS!
Seriously though, I think this looks great and I'm just too excited to make any sensible comment because of THE STAGGERED ANALOG STICKS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:10

After 15 years, Nintendo remember they already perfected the control pad back on Gamecube and they should have stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:25

My only issue with it, minor but important, is that the d-pad is going to be horrible for fighting games. Not that the system will likely have many traditional fighters on it going by the past (but hey, if it's a hit it might, and we all want this to be a hit!) but it bares mentioning.

Balladeer wrote:
Chuffing hell!

Oh no... Pale
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:29

Fighting games are best on a stick anyway.

That said, if it has a USB port, it might be compatible with the Pokken pad, which is bloody lovely!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:18

Stick as in the analog stick for fighting gamss, get out of here Drunka.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:27

Drunkalilly wrote:
Muss and Mas and that wrote:
Loads of technical gubbins.

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 Giphy

I realise this isn't funny, but I've spent far too long fucking about with these spoilers to not post this bollocks 

Listen You Hunt:

Also, nah Drunka means a proper nice fighting game joystick like what is in those arcades and stuff innit!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:29

Thank god for that as I thought he was being a mad man.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:51

Best get working on deciding how to incorporate the Switch into the forum fold, then...

Personally, decidedly up for this machine. Mostly, though, I'm still reeling from the fact that the trailer revealed it in a clear manner with a delicate smattering of Ninty and Nonty games. Nintendo have been listening, which is in itself astonishing, and have delivered. Also, really small controllers. I'm in... if I can afford one between the wedding and the honeymoon, that is!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 19:10

Yeah, I'm really up for this too. First console since I was a nipper that I'm really enthusiastic about Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 19:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Best get working on deciding how to incorporate the Switch into the forum fold, then...
Mas said something similar, I think, but my thinking would be this:
  • Give Switch a whole separate forum (maybe move this, Zelda, Mario and Splatoon for now?)
  • Leave the other 2 as they are for now.
  • As Wii U and 3DS discussion dries up, someone can take a quiet sunday to move all of those threads to Retro, close the Wii U forum, and keep the handheld one as just phones.

We'd end up with 2, like we have now, but those 2 would be Switch and Mobile Gaming.

Quote :
Personally, decidedly up for this machine. Mostly, though, I'm still reeling from the fact that the trailer revealed it in a clear manner with a delicate smattering of Ninty and Nonty games. Nintendo have been listening, which is in itself astonishing, and have delivered. Also, really small controllers. I'm in... if I can afford one between the wedding and the honeymoon, that is!
Do you have a registry yet? Maybe you can "accidentally" delete everything so all that's left is the Switch you out there "as a joke" and everyone will club together and buy that?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 19:28

One of the best things about this is that it's only five months away. Not too long at all. Hopefully we'll see Nintendo keep the momentum going so that the hype doesn't die off like it did with the Wii U bewteen it's unveiling in June 2011 and release some five hundred million years later.

There'll no doubt be a load of (hopefully new) game annoucements between now and the Switch's release - we'll probably know the launch line-up in January or early February. Fair enough, it'll probably just be Skylanders, Just Dance, Lego Star Wars and the Obligatory Nintendo Game That Nobody Asked For™️, but still Dance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 19:45

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Mas said something similar, I think, but my thinking would be this:

• Give Switch a whole separate forum (maybe move this, Zelda, Mario and Splatoon for now?)
  • Leave the other 2 as they are for now.
  • As Wii U and 3DS discussion dries up, someone can take a quiet sunday to move all of those threads to Retro, close the Wii U forum, and keep the handheld one as just phones.

We'd end up with 2, like we have now, but those 2 would be Switch and Mobile Gaming.

That serms to be how the discussion amongst the admin team is leaning, too, but we want more input from you guys before we finally press the - yeah. Embarrassed

Does anyone have any strong feelings about how we should get Switch on the forum?

Duskullilly, quoting me, and that wrote:
Quote :
Do you have a registry yet? Maybe you can "accidentally" delete everything so all that's left is the Switch you out there "as a joke" and everyone will club together and buy that?

We're not having a wedding gift list, incredible gesture though that would be - we're going to ask people to give money for spending on our honeymoon. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:01

Ah, smart- gonna buy your Nintendo Switch with Euros. Good thinking.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:04

See I know it was a good idea to bring it up a few days ago about where Switch should go.

I still think the 3DS has legs in it for at least another year and Wii U though pretty much dead has stuff like Yooka-Laylee coming to it that I would have it

Switch, Current Gen
WiiU and 3DS, Last Gen
Mobile, Seems to a big part of Nintendo but could Switch as it's like a tablet get these as well
Retro, all the system pre-last gen
Nontendo, for PC/Mac, PS3&4, VITA, PSVR, Xbox 360, ONE and Scorpio
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:04

Zero wrote:
Does anyone have any strong feelings about how we should get Switch on the forum?

Nope, I'm fine with what the drunken one suggested.

---

Lovely!

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 Zuzdybo0gok7ggsikoxa

Also here's a good discussion on the reveal.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/20/what-we-think-of-the-nintendo-switch-announcement
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:31

I AM SO HYPEEEEEEEEED

That was one hell of a reveal, and I'm 100% sold on this already. The games (a Nintendo console launching with Skyrim and a new Zelda?!), the developer support, the sheer potential (Monster Hunter, Pokémon and Fire Emblem back on the big screen?) and the sense that Nintendo have learned from the Wii U. The future is looking really bright, folks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 22:44

The Hearthstone Twitter account sent out a tweet to Nintendo this afternoon.

Now a few are reading maybe to much into it but could stuff like that and maybe things like Pokemon Go make a big difference to the Switch if it gets the creame de la creme of the mobile world which would also bolster the Switches library.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 0:22

Here's a question, how do the Joy-cons work when not connected to the screen? They don't seem like they hold any type of charge/power.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 4:06

Good point! Shocked Chargeable, with some fancy wireless/Bluetooth tech to connect 'em to the system? Failing that... magic. Very Happy

I also hear that Bethesda have refused to confirm Skyrim for the system. Suspect What skulduggery is this?!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 7:23

It has been remarked that these could just be tech. demos.  If so, that could be illustrating the Switch's capabilities rather than an actual game.

The whole battery "thing" is a bit of a mystery, and from what Kimishima's said it sounds like we're getting no more info. until 2017.  Sit tight...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 7:57

Maybe they won't confirm Skyrim because it's actually going to launch with Elder Scrolls VI. That would definitely be preferable to what will be almost a six-year-old game.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 8:03

I'd be willing to bet the two joy-pads have small batteries themselves. The PS3's controller could last something ridiculous like 15+ hours on a single charge so I imagine the tech exists for a few hours of time detached from the screen. The screen itself would presumably also have its own battery capable of eight-ten hours. Ninty's been experimenting with docking station recharges for a while now so I wouldn't be surprised if they made the screen itself a recharge dock for the joy-pads.

Or I could just be talking out my booty because I don't understand a single drop of this stuff! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 9:46

People have done comparisons of the Skyrim in the trailer to actual Skyrim, and the Switch version doesn't look as good maybe it is some sort of spin-off as they have done that before with The Elder Scrolls Travels series maybe they could bring that back and would make sense to have on Switch, just from the name.

I think Elder Scrolls VI is very unlikely from we found out at last years E3 as most of the team had been working on Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 10:13

Laura K Buzz (who has been fairly spot on with her NX/Switch stuff up until now) has said that the battery life is likely to be

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 DLUEc2d
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next