We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 19:55

Or, in layman's terms, half the (specific kind of) power of the PS4 and X1.  RAM, if I remember correctly, is responsible for what's immediately available on screen - so while it won't affect the size of the world, it'll affect how quickly you can travel across that world given loading times.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Incidentally "half" doesn't exactly seem to mean much because it still has about 8x the power of the PS3 and twice that of the Wii U. So while disappointing... it's still unclear what that actually means. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:01

I'm not entirely sure what it all means as like I said the PS3 is more powerful then a Wii U but with far less RAM.

But I know before the PS4ONE came out and when I bought my laptop everyone was banging on about how they needed to be at least 8GB of RAM.

And Mark Cerny even said that how the PS3 was made was a mistake and that the devs want 8GB of RAM, so were giving them that with the PS4.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:03

What I want to know is, can the Switch run DS3? That seems to be most people's benchmark for games they'd love to play on the go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:09

Minimum specs for it on PC is 4GB of RAM but the You Died recommended spec is 8GB of RAM but remember PCs and consoles run differently just look at something like GTAV it runs on the 360 but the specs for it to run on a PC would likely be much higher.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:12

So in short... we don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 20:21

Well if the Switch matches the lowest specs of DSIII then possibly but how it would run is what I'm not sure off.

Also take the Sheild which is basically the predecessor of the Switch has 3GB of RAM, from the videos I've seen on DF struggles playing Resident Evil 5 which can be played fine on a Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 10:38

Given Laura's track record, I'm inclined to believe this: 17th Europe launch for Switch? That's 17th to the 24th inclusive off work for me if so!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 17:50

Seems plausible but why you've got MAR10 as something to market, why don't use it.

Also on LKD, her sources seem to think Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros and Splatoon will be called Directors Cuts and have all content out now plus more hence King Boo with all being at launch.

I think that is rather likely as Emily has said the same, what I think is unlikely from this rumour is that due to the Switch not being backwards compatible physically with the Wii U is Nintendo want to have a trade in deal in stores, which Wii U owners can pay a upgrade cost.

I just can't see everyone agreeing to such a thing, digitally yeah and we sort of had that with the whole pay a bit to play your Wii VC games on Wii U's VC.

What would you pay for a upgrade, if you can and is this the best solution for remasters of recent games and I guess also a way to say thanks to the Wii U install-base.

I've traded in nearly all my Wii U stuff, so I will have just have to buy these directors cuts and I'd sooner have physically on a game card as well.

The other weird rumour is the premium Switch will come with a ID NFC card which is used sort of clubcard at Tesco but as it's card, I can swipe on my friends Switch to unlock stuff and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 19:19

A trade-in deal in-store? Not sure how likely that is - who will want lots of copies of MK8, for example, with fewer and fewer people to sell them to? Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 19:40

I don't think everyone who owns MK8 will buy a Switch at launch that could be a way around it, that you only get the deal in the first week.

I think the issue more like Xbox One when it was doing all the DRM business and stores like my local independent would have never been able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 10:25

Smash 4 port rumour. Seems like a bit of a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 11:58

Well the amiibo bit is new but Miss Rodgers said it about the 4 remasters yonks ago.
Back to top Go down
Katie Hopkins
Chuffster
Katie Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:08

So you perverts can finally get a little plastic model of a naked witch. Bully for you.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 13:27

Don't think there are any Bully amiibi, Ms. Hopkins, but with the sequel that's rumoured to be coming soon, you never know! Winky Face

No
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 13:49

masofdas wrote:
Seems plausible but why you've got MAR10 as something to market, why don't use it.

This just blew my mind.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 19:38

I don't think Nintendo have ever really capitalised on the MAR10 thing, sadly. They definitely should: look at how May the 4th and N7 work for Star Wars and Mass Effect. Also, I think Star Trek has started using 17/01.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 23:05

I don't think people write Mar10 - maybe lazy Americans. I think it'd take too much explaining. Plus don't assume there's a Mario game at launch - it'll just serve as a reminder then!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyFri 11 Nov 2016 - 11:06

It doesn't have to be even for Switch launch but in the past they could have gone today MAR10 is Mario day or something, it was Chris Scullion that came up with as was like Nintendo you can have this one for free.

I'm hoping Mario isn't a launch game as I feel that has been a problem with 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo like to bring out their games on the same day or close together instead of spreading them out and having a a game a month or every two months at least.

For me they need to make Zelda the focus on launch and have MK8 & Splatoon Directors Cut alongside it form Nintendo and show what the first year will be like for the Switch.

As after you got a Wii U and 3DS it did seem to be waiting for the next game and neither in my opinion launched with a killer app which Zelda will be for the core.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 9:44

Another LPVG rumour that Switch will be £200. It's a rumour, granted, but if that really is the price... Love

(Pro Controllers rumoured for £40 though, so that might be where they're making the 'dollahs' from.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 10:37

I was coming on to post that.

LKD and co are normally right on the money and if you go way back in this thread I think they say something about the price based the Shield and what the X2 may cost and it came to about £200.

I hope the bundle is with Zelda for the £250, I'm a little worried about memory size though and I think even if the bundle game is Funky Barn 2 even Funkier, if the leap of memory is 16GB to 32GB or something like that then it has to be a no brainer.

The Pro pads are expensive for the Wii U and I always thought most of Nintendo's own made peripherals have been but then the quality has always been high in the process.  

Now the issue I see is Nintendo, I'm pretty sure have said their will be around 2 million Switches in the the first month, now with all the amiibo business and now the NES Classic that doesn't seem enough units even if it's a smaller launch like with the Xbox One and just comes out in USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Australia along with a few others that doesn't seem like their will be enough Switches.

I as you know already I have one preordered with £50 put down, so I'm getting one but I may even preorder another as I can see people wanting them at £200.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 11:08

I won't be able to judge if I can get one until much closer to release. It also depends on what's in the box, on the eShop at launch (if it's even ready at launch), and game prices, and, and, and. £200 seems like a good price point, though - plenty of potential to go sub-£200 in the future, which I reckon Nintendo have to look at closely.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 6:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 11:14

I hear ya Zero but this is Nintendo and how long can you wait, I would gather will preorder after January showing and will learn the price, the different SKU's, the games hopefully at launch and beyond.

Trying to get one after everyone preorders one in January maybe where the issue rises with Nintendo lack of supply which I still think is them doing on purpose to build hype.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 11:37

I reckon they were genuinely caught out with Wii sales and everything that we've been short of since then has been on purpose, to try to buy hype. It's frankly embarrassing at this stage and is now getting bad press instead of good.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 14:59

That's really the only info that I'm left needing. I think that it's really got to be around that price though - I seen earlier today that Tesco were selling an XBox One with four new-ish, good-quality games for £179. That's mental! Nintendo don't have a pot to pish in if they're thinking of selling the Switch on it's own for much more than that.

As for me, I'm probably looking to spend around £300 on the Switch in March, and I'll be happy enough if that gets me a console with bigger storage and a few good games. To compare and contrast, in November 2012 I paid over £425 for a Wii U with Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic Transformed and Tekken Tag, which was fairly shite value.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 17:15

Ouch, Cappa. No It just goes to show that a new console is always a gamble...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next