We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?

Go down 
+21
Axis1500
Buskalilly
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Rum
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
spacemanDOUG
Athrun888
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
ShadoWolf
ShaftVonShafterton
Admin
Silver light
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:23

I enjoy a bit of hip hop and r&b but my tastes, other than what I hear people on twitter bigging up, are depressingly mainstream. Enjoyed that ninja rap though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 21:35

I like me some Imagine Dragons, but always get them mixed up with Of Monsters and Men (who were the ones with the videos shot side-on to look like videogames).

Random 5 on the iPod says:
1) The Simpsons Opening Theme - that's not the right link
2) Smashing Pumpkins - Hummer - which actually could lose the last half
3) The Connells - '74/'75 - the video makes me sob like a wuss
4) Supertramp - Lord is it Mine - that's kind-a old
5) The Presidents of the United States of America - Bath of Fire - So, early 90s it is then.

*shrug*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 10:22

Occasionally I find weird music on Youtube that I like. This is one such. Clever use of that one sound effect.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 21:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
I enjoy a bit of hip hop and r&b but my tastes, other than what I hear people on twitter bigging up, are depressingly mainstream. Enjoyed that ninja rap though.

There's actually quite a bit of gaming rap that sounds good (rather than nerds simply rhyming). The best one is probably Random (or Mega-Ran) who did an excellent album called "Forever Famicom" with K-Murdock (producer from Panacea).

Also (oh hi shameless plug), check out this university radio show I did four years ago. Two hours of video game themed hip hop. There's some strong language, mind.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 May 2015 - 22:31

Paul Weller has a new album out, and as expected it's the dogs hairy bollocks. Rolling Stone say it's "a fresh way forward through familiar pasts", which is a very fair statement. Progressive, eclectic, worthy; just properly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px-JKHK3FCk

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:15

Balladeer wrote:
Occasionally I find weird music on Youtube that I like.  This is one such.  Clever use of that one sound effect.

I like the idea of that - I like, as XTC's Andy Partridge once said "music with lumps and spiky bits in". However, I've not tried to scour the internet for music for a decade; I think the problem is, when it started, things like OCRemix were just a club-style "remix" which was just a minute and a half of bass drum and bass drone, followed by the video game music theme that you thought you were going to hear an incredibly-reimagined arrangement of, played quickly and repetitively on that chiffy synth brass sound. I am tempted to click on that musician's other works though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:25

Despite being an actual Balladeer, I'm actually more keen on instrumental-only stuff, and most of the rest of hers... isn't. There's definitely some good stuff out on that Internet now, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 10:40

Went to Exeter and of course had the radio on in the car, Radio 1 played Fall Out Boy's Big Weekend Set.

Dam FOB has some great tunes like this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 20:22

I've been listening to a lot of The Civil Wars lately. Really chill folkish music with some lovely harmonies - here's a favourite of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:58

I've been listening to Nujabes recently, a Japanese hip-hop artist. It's a bit different to what I'm usually into, but it's dead relaxing. Here's a whole album of his: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs&ab_channel=Morethanmusic
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 17:52

I'm seeing what's what on Amazon Prime Music, and while it's a small-ish library of tunes, my search has led me to his belter.

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 RBF%20Turn%20the%20Radio%20off

Featuring a young Mark Green on the cover, natch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 17:54

JayMoyles wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of The Civil Wars lately.

These guys had a track on the soundtrack for the first Hunger a games which I remember loving. Need to look them up again...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 21:20

They did indeed! I recommend 20 Years and their cover of Billie Jean - top tracks, both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Oct 2015 - 18:40

By accident
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:18

That whole unplugged set is cracking. Worth a listen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 21:58

I did end up listening to a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 0:24

Cracking choice there mas, the song "where did you sleep last night" from the same gig is probably my favourite live performance of a song ever!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 5:31

The_Jaster wrote:
Cracking choice there mas, the song "where did you sleep last night" from the same gig is probably my favourite live performance of a song ever!

My favourite song from that set too. Unreal vocals in that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 17:44

Drunka Love Taylor Davis

So ever since the Balls Man linked me to one of her Zelda videos in the Official Nintendo Music Thread, I've been obsessively watching this lass' videos. I love the sound of the violin anyway, and she beautifully covers a number of my favourite pieces. Plus, y'know, pretty lady... Anyway, here are some picks of my favourites.
The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 11392933_302775699846037_6626699247946118428_n

5: The Rains of Castamere
To be fair, I've never heard a competent cover of Rains I didn't love, but this is especially well done.

4: Avengers Theme
One of her more energetic ones, a great cosplay and location combo in the video are not the reason this makes my list but because this one so utterly surpasses any version of the theme heard in the actual films.

3: Midna's Lament
Taylor's done a lot of Zelda songs. She clearly loves the series, based on the coverage and the effort that always goes into the videos. This is probably my favourite, based on nostalgia and how well the mournful music suits the violin.

2: Halo 2
The Halo series has great music, but I've generally only ever listened to the very produced, choral stuff from the actual games themselves. This version is really nice for being a bit different. And when the battle theme kicks in... gorgeous.

1: Arrival to Earth
A beautiful cover of my favourite piece of music of all time. It was only this evening that I scrolled down her film covers playlist and saw this one; I got extremely excited and that was what inspired me to come make this thread. This might now be my favourite track ever.

So yeah, listen, enjoy. I easily could have done 10, 20, all 140-odd of her videos to be honest. I haven't even started listening to her original songs yet!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 18:42

She's good and I do sub to her YouTube account but I still prefer Miss Sterling
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 19:51

I do love Lindsey as well but she hasn't covered some of my favourites that Taylor has. Also, although her videos and collaborations are often more impressive, when the two cover the same music, Taylor comes out on top for me. Halo being a good example.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 20:48

I will raise you

Les Miserables Mix

Pokemon Theme

Halo Theme, on par to me

Game of Thrones Theme

Zelda Medley

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 01510297

I hope she tours the UK again soon and can arrange for peeps to go see her
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 0:15

I recently bought a Nerdcore music bundle from Groupees for £2. My favourite album is Another M by Sammus. I listen to a lot of female rap anyway, and she basically retells the story of Metroid. Warning: contains swears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s64aSHOk3bg
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 13:33

For Drunka mainly as Taylor Davis is in London in March info here, I would certainly go see her for £20.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 17:46

I'm well up for that. Want me to bag 2 tickets and call that your petrol money?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next