We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:52

What is Oceanhorn? Sounds like a WW rip-off. Is it a WW rip-off?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:58

It is and actually rather good.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 Sep 2019 - 10:19

Balladeer wrote:
What is Oceanhorn? Sounds like a WW rip-off. Is it a WW rip-off?

Yes. It's a 2D zelda-like with the whole island-hopping theme of Wind Waker. It's a good 2D zelda-like too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 23:21

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
Starlink
Kamiko
Oceanhorn

Start with these! Also because Kamiko is super short (like, an hour)
The fact that's it's super short helped persuade me to buy it in the first place... Think I'll start it though, help get me prepared for more top down adventuring next week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:33

Balladeer wrote:
What is Oceanhorn?  Sounds like a WW rip-off.  Is it a WW rip-off?

Yeah, it was kicking about during the early days of the Switch. I quite liked the look of it - looked decent enough!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:04

There's some glowing praise for a game I'll almost certainly never get around to!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 11:17

I mean you won't be missing out on anything /new/ by not playing it, and actual Zelda is /better/. It's just /more/ if you want it.

I'd say Blossom Tales and Yono and the Celestial Elephants are both more /interesting/ Zelda-likes on Switch than Oceanhorn, unless you are really in love with the island hopping theme. I prefer Oceanhorn to Ittle Dew 2, but that's probably just my personal taste.

Kamiko is actually Zelda-like in some respects too
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 21:19

I had my eyes on Oceanhorn for a while before I got it on Switch purely because it was like Wind Waker knowing full well it wouldn't come close to the game. I'll still give it a go of course, working my way through KAMIKO currently and it's definitely a good starting point, very easy to get to grips with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 11:14

This time yesterday I would have said my backlog of games I really want to play would be

•Astral Chain

Now ibbsters has been bugging me for awhile to gameshare with him. I've done that now and he's got over 100 games there is some overlap between us and things like Bayonetta, I've played before or stuff like Thumper that if I ever do play it be on PSVR.

He's also got stuff that even I have never heard off or I'm scratching my why has he got that, I could still download them as I've not played them and they might be good but my backlog would be like 50+ games.

Anyway these are the ones I've downloaded and now part of my backlog

•Blades of Time
•Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle
•Cadance of Hyrule
•Castlevania Anniversary Collection
•Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
•Fear Effect Sedna
•Hollow
•Hover
•Lumines Remastered
•Morphite
•SEGA AGES Outrun
•Senran Kagura Peach Ball
•Secert Files Tunguska
•Submerged
•The Last Remant Remastered
•The Next Penelope
•VOEZ
•Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap
•Yooka-Laylee
•Rise: Race the Future
•The VideoKid
•The Mummy Demastered

I would gather Cadence of Hyrule should be the first game I play out of all those but any other I should be looking at right away?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 11:52

Probably work through that Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle together, with online co-op. SEGA AGES OutRun is the best game on that list though, surely.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptySat 14 Sep 2019 - 11:56

Unfortunately can't play the same game at the same time that means Capcom Beat 'Em Up in CO-OP is out.

Yeah Outrun is one of the best games he's got (Bayonetta maybe) but not one I really need to play as I've played numerous times.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019 - 14:56

masofdas wrote:
•Hover

I want to get this, interested in hearing your thoughts

masofds wrote:
•Morphite

This is a low-poly No Man's Sky with a proper hand-made story and I really liked it

masofdas wrote:
•SEGA AGES Outrun

Obviously good

masofdas wrote:
•Submerged

Really enjoyed this (took many screenshots) and think it might be your kind of game mas

masofdas wrote:
•The Next Penelope

Pick up and play and a fun little multiplayer distraction, but nothing grand

masofdas wrote:
•The Mummy Demastered

Not as good as Alien: Infestation, but a good game nontheless. I think they patched out the major complaints too since I played it at launch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 0:57

masofdas wrote:

•The Last Remant Remastered

I don't know if they've changed it for the remaster, but that game had genuinely one of the worst and most obtuse levelling systems I've ever seen in an RPG. If you fought basic enemies to level up, you wouldn't get decent stat gains so apparently the strategy was to level up to a certain point, dodge lots of enemies and then find a specific enemy type that would give you great stat gains. It was way too much work, even for an RPG. I hope they've simplified it or at least explained it in-game as I had to pick up all of this on GameFAQs.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 10:00

Odd, Final Fantasy VIII also has a strange level and battle system.

Likely the one I'd play as well, but these are now a backlog with Zelda, Untitled Goose Game, Dragon Quest then anything on Apple Arcade taking my time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 21:32

Here's where I see myself at the end of September.

Frontlog:
Link's Awakening
Untitled Goose Game
(unless finished)
Overcooked 2
Dragon Quest XI

Immediate Backlog:
Super Mario Maker 2
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Transistor
Bastion
Bloodstained
if it ever gets that performance patch
Astral Chain? Not sure about this

Deep Backlog:
Lapis x Labyrinth
Okami
Katamari
Guacamelee 2
Baba is You

Coming Up Before EoY:
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokémon S[word/hield]
Ni No Kuni
(Christmas present)
Little Town Hero
Maybe Tangle Tower?  Looks the business.

Wishlist:
Five games, including Ori and Puzzle Quest.

Afraid Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 29 Sep 2019 - 10:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Things changed.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 22:24

I only saw Tangle Tower today myself, looks good. If I get to it, I'll let you know.

Only thing is it's a sequel that some of it might be lost on us.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 22:55

I don't even want to create a backlog post because it'll make me feel miserable, but as mentioned in another thread, I reckon Astral Chain will be drifting gently into the Backlog for me. Iceborne has me hooked and Link's Awakening has just launched, so my time will be spent with those for the foreseeable future. I suppose the remaining routes for FE:TH will drop into the backlog too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 18:48

I think AC might drift sideways for me as well. I've played bits of Link's Awakening, SMM2, and UGG, with a bit of Sayonara to come. I just don't think that AC, with its heavy-handed narration, measures up. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 19:03

I've actually got a decent backlog (not sure that's a good thing) of my own Switch games that I want to play

1. Luigi's Mansion 3, only played like a hour or two at the most

2. Lady Layton, picked up this week

3. Tokyo Dark, would normally get this on PS4 because trophies but had a some credit on my eShop account

Those two both cams out this week of which looked a decent week for Switch with Mario & Sonic, Super Lucky etc also coming out. Did you add anything new to your backlogs?

4. Dragon Quest XI, yeah not played since I got and transferred my 5hrs over. Said elsewhere, I shouldn't have got it as much like when it first came out, just too much around it to give it the time.

5. Fire Emblem Three Houses, still want to do another run plus DLC now out that you can use the sauna as an activity.

Think that's it but with Death Stranding being 50hrs and Pokémon this week, is why now got a backlog of five games (might be something else I have but really low down or can play because of Ibbsters) on Switch.

Thankfully nothing after Pokémon, that I can see being worth picking up till maybe January on any console.

Edit

I forgot Ring Fit Adventure which I really should be playing every day but haven't, hopefully will this week while I'm off and get into a routine.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 11 Nov 2019 - 0:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 0:33

If I don't finish it, Luigi's mansion 3 may upon the list, which isn't overly big anymore, just have the sword art games
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 9:02

LM3 may well be backlogged when Pokémon comes out, but I’ll be sorry to see it go there. It deserves to be played and enjoyed! On the other hand it’s less likely to be spoiled no end by the Internet, so into the ‘log it may go.

Otherwise I still have to get back to Ori, DQXI, Link’s Awakening, SMM2’s ‘story’ mode, maybe Astral Chain, the game/games I’m getting for my anniversary, the game/games I’m getting for Christmas, and that’s before I even consider the Deep Backlog... Arse. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 9:13

That's a decent backlog Balla, didn't you get A Hat in Time as well?

You did remind me I've got Ori to play as well but that's more at the top of the deep backlog on Switch as played on Xbox One this year, mainly only got to support Moon Studios.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:06

Decent reason to get it. It’s not one I’m most enthusiastic to get back to, but I’ve heard it gets much better later on.

As for AHiT, I’ve been advised not to buy it for myself. Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:18

One of the best Metroidvania"s so yes you should get back to it.

That means you can get Super Lucky which seems to be getting the love it should have got when it first came out but was just on the wrong console.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:14

Scullion certainly seems fond. Then again he is a self-confessed massive fan of the 6/10 platformer.

Also I have no tiiiiiiiiiiime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next