We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Nov 2020 - 20:44

Yeah I usually do that as well but I've sat for an hour or so on several occasions not having a clue what to play then default to a multiplayer game and that's all I'll play for the rest of the night. So I'm hoping this list can keep me on track a wee bit more.

Here's the list in order:

A few of those I've already put a good chunk of time into as well like: Cuphead, Slay the spire & Mario Sunshine. Maybe I could break that list further down to the absolute must plays? Though I'd still need quite a big list just so I'm not playing the Yakuza games too close to each other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 14:03

Interesting list, some surprising games on it

I really should go into my backlog instead added games to it be it myself buying or buddy or review that I've started

• AC: Valhalla which I'm about 10hrs in & liking it so far
• Dirt 5 which I'm on Chapter 4 of 5 could be more after that but think I might leave till after I get a Series X for that to see what it's like
• The Falconeer picked this up from Game Collection after I cancelled The Pathless and got £7.50 reward points back
• Yakuza Like A Dragon did talk to Andy about this who didn't seem keen on it and told me to play ZER0 instead but I do like the look of it & found cheap at £29 that I feel worth the risk
• Gears Tactics this come to console alongside Series launch and what I've played is good but as it's in Game Pass & 1st party I'm in no real rush to play it as it's just there
• Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity only done Chapter 1 and one mission in Chapter 2 it's good, just a tad rough on the Lite and haven't really had a point where I'm using the Switch this week

Then as I've been off this week and EofGiz & Craig got an XSS & XSX respectively played some Forza Horizon 4 which I still have loads to do but much like Dirt likely will comeback to it when I have a XSX, Tetris Effect and Gears 5. Before we look to December with Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition, Haven (Coming to Switch and might have CO-OP, so one for Balla?) and Call of the Sea on Game Pass meaning worth giving a go, Twin Mirror, Immortals and Cyberpunk thankfully January is rather quiet that I'll have time to catch up and I can see a Call of the Sea being about 6hrs long

I of course have games in my backlog some on Switch like Cadence of Hyrule, Murder by Numbers and stuff I started recently like Greedfall on Xbox which I've seen is getting a next gen update that I may as wait now till that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:56

I don't own a single game in Jas' or Mas' lists on Switch. Laughing

My backlog remains pretty similar: Bloodstained, Creaks, Just Shapes & Beats, New Super Lucky, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Transistor, ignoring games I'm playing in co-op. I think I've got six games in my wishlist too, which is a limit I'm trying to stick to. Maybe next month I'll actually play some games! (I'll bloody have to, I think I'm getting a couple of new ones for Chrimbo.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:58

Fuck. I really ought to finish Hollow Knight and Celeste Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 21:00

Those are two absolute crackers to 'have to finish'!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySat 28 Nov 2020 - 0:01

Oh speaking of absolute crackers I should add Hades in there as well since I've still to see the credits, but that's a game I can dip into for an hour or so between games.

Balla wrote:

I don't own a single game in Jas' or Mas' lists on Switch. Laughing

That's how damn good the variety of games are on Switch though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySat 28 Nov 2020 - 22:51

I can see Hades being on my plate for a while for the same reason, I guess I'm halfway through now based on number of successful runs but yes it's so easy to do an attempt or two in a play session.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySun 29 Nov 2020 - 9:37

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've lost count of how much is in my Switch Backlog of Guilt, but at least it's mostly just quickie SEGA AGES and ACA NeoGeo downloads. I'll start up Two Point Hospital soon, and maybe try to wrap up The Origami King before FIFA 21 and Crash 4 come out in early October.

That's still the case - I count six ACA Neogeo and seven SEGA AGES games I've yet to start. I started Two Point Hospital and got reasonably far into it but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, it'll probably get traded in soon. I didn't really make any progress into The Origami King - it's good, but I see how much of it I've got left to play and I honestly can't be arsed. It feels like I should be 75% through it but I'm only actually 25% through it.

I've put a bit of time into the various retro collections I've downloaded though. In the last couple of months I've completed games from the three Konami anniversary collections, Capcom's Beat 'em Up Bundle, Namco Museum and the Scribblenauts Mega Pack. Between playing Super Mario Galaxy and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity just now, I'll squeeze in a couple shorter games that I should be able to rattle through in under a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 20:09

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:

I don't own a single game in Jas' or Mas' lists on Switch.  Laughing

That's how damn good the variety of games are on Switch though.

This is very true! I suppose a large degree of that is the eShop, and why Mas doesn't agree: because he gets 90% of his indies elsewhere. For the rest of us it's mint.

Speaking of, my wishlist has crept up to seven. Couldn't resist adding West of Loathing after the praise it got in LGIF.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 13:45

Yep its sort goes with what Andy said elsewhere about Xbox but the opposite for me with the Switch where it is a place can go for exclusives (been quite on that front for me in 2020 but in general) and at the moment with lack of a current PlayStation system stuff like Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Digital Only on Xbox) and things in the future such as Neo: The World Ends with You likely will be bought for Switch.

Why now going into 2021 a New Nintendo Switch or even a special edition would be ideal as I'll have a lot to play and some I would prefer playing on a TV and why I would have got on PS4/5.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Dec 2020 - 21:13

Balladeer wrote:
Speaking of, my wishlist has crept up to seven.  Couldn't resist adding West of Loathing after the praise it got in LGIF.
Well done sir. Well done.

My actual backloag is basically down now thanks to having finished that game - Apart from games in NES/SNES/Mario collections, there's nothing on my Switch in the "to be played" list. That's mainly because I've been good and haven't bought a load of stuff! My WishList is probably long, but I've chosen to ignore it for now.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2020 - 19:43

Time to buy some more stuff? Shifty
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 9:45

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474tgr0nk860qwqqs795bkbscs974p0oj2yj24pso1&rid=giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 11:10

I now have an actual Switch backlog of

Animal Crossing, duh

Age of Calamity, Only done Chapter 1

Our World Is Ended, Picked this up in the new GAME for £10 with an artbook etc as seemed cheap for a Switch game also don't get why a small town has 5 places you can buy games where a city like Exeter has 2 which are GAME and CEX

Super Mario 3D All-Stars, picked up because of my ShopTo voucher

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, I don't know how much I'll actually play

Then not yet but double discount next week and Paper Mario for £28 is tempting and I have a pre-order in for Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy coming January.

Is that Switch Pro a thing yet?
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 11:14

Mine too is now getting abit much!
Astral chain, origami king, age of calamity, fire emblem three houses and xenoblade remastered all sit waiting to be played 😂
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 18:47

Those are some big games to have logged away Eof! Good thing you didn't leap on the next-gen bandwagon, might give you time to finish them!

...right? Suspect
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 18:55

Haha Guilty!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 19:22

Naughty
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 20:00

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Speaking of, my wishlist has crept up to seven.  Couldn't resist adding West of Loathing after the praise it got in LGIF.
Well done sir. Well done.

My actual backloag is basically down now thanks to having finished that game - Apart from games in NES/SNES/Mario collections, there's nothing on my Switch in the "to be played" list. That's mainly because I've been good and haven't bought a load of stuff! My WishList is probably long, but I've chosen to ignore it for now.

Hmmmmnnnnn... this is my abridged backlog of things I should play first as I realise my time on this planet is not infinite and doesn't include time to play Deux Ex Human Revolution for 10 hours because I got it for £2 in a Steam sale but really are not bothered
This is not interesting:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 19:22

Ooh play Iconoclasts! Grin It's... not a great game, but it's a very memorable one.

My backlog went down to five games. Then I picked up a game off the eShop and it went back up again. More on that elsewhere...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 22:25

Bring forward A Short Hike - you'll only need a couple of hours at it and it'll be your time very well spent. You'll be glad you played it  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2021 - 22:48

Mines not changed a lot since last post even with a new Switch, just I'm more likely to play Hades now then I was and Animal Crossing won't get a look in for ages because of Nintendo's dumb save system.

Plus Atelier Ryza 2 should be here on Friday which starts the #yearoftheswitch for me
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySun 31 Jan 2021 - 16:05

Thanks for the recommendations for Iconoclasts and a Short Hike you guys; they're both things I want to play. However, I can't bring them forward - that list contains the games I have brought forward... there's not enough time I tells ye.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptySun 31 Jan 2021 - 17:03

Actually you should play A Short Hike before Iconoclasts.  It'll stay with you in a similar way but it's just... better.  And shorter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 14:50

I was going to reply to Balla and his six games he's playing at the moment but a few of mine I'm not sure if I can really say I'm playing as they're more of in my Backlog.

My Switch backlog has grown and with games I do want to play, as the console is now my second system and with lack of a PlayStation stuff such as the upcoming Legend of Mana has sort become exclusives to me.

Frontlog
⚫ Monster Hunter Rise. Not played as much I would like this week but is my main Switch game at the moment, oddly I sort I wished I got digitally as how I've talked elsewhere can see me doing single player then just coming back if Jas goes in Discord anyone playing or an update with new quests.
⚫ Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. Just picked this one up after Balla kept recommending it
⚫ Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered. Just picked this one up as I saw in the eShop sale and with some points got for about  £15, I don't know why I fancied a racing game on Switch. Did talk about it on the Podcast which the boys bring up it will come to Game Pass, but that doesn't really give me a racing game on Switch and £15 isn't a huge amount.

Recent eShop buys
⚫ Dicey Dungeons. Seen Muss talk about this one, and I also got in the sale as seen reviews for it being very positive.
⚫ Röki. Another one I have seen good reviews for that I got in a sale.
⚫ Fighting EX Layer: Another Dash. This came to PS4 ages ago then went f2p, but I missed that on PS4 and now it comes to Switch, I say comes as only on the JPN eShop at the moment, but it's all in English. It doesn't look great on Switch but plays well from the character I did arcade mode with, depending on price I could see me getting the pass for all characters with this being much like Need for Speed it being the fighter on Switch.  

Retail, this could have been one more with Bravely Default II, but I traded it in for Sakuna as it would be close to the bottom of these if I had kept it
⚫ Atelier Ryza 2. I've only played like 2-3hrs, which was enjoyable and from HLTB it isn't that long at all for an RPG.
⚫ Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. I got this when I had just a Lite, and it ran like poo that I was hanging on till I got a proper Switch again, and I've not gone back to it.
⚫ Persona 5 Strikers. Tad like Persona 5 Royal just not to the same degree as this is a new story, just because I know I'm not going to trade it in or anything just haven't been in a rush to play.

Other or right down the list of playing
⚫ Super Mario 3D All-Stars. Feel bad having this so lowdown as I'm yet to play Galaxy just I've never really been in the mood to.
⚫ Tokyo Mirage Sessions. When you've got actual Persona games to play this isn't much of a priority.
⚫ Hades. The top game here really and do like what I've played, just something about it hasn't kept me hooked.
⚫ Murder by Numbers. Feel I'm about halfway

So quite a bit, and I've got other games such as Tokyo Dark that I would like to play but so many other things before even thinking about it then that's just Switch let alone Xbox as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next