We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 7:52

Balladeer wrote:
Have you started DOOM and XC2, Drunka?

I got about half way through DOOM before a combination of not having a TV to play on, wanting to wait for the motion controls and a bug that stopped me using most of the menus made me pack it in and wait to come back.

As for XC2 I've put the cart in and installed it but never even opened the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 11:45

JayMoyles wrote:
It's still like 15-20 hours if I remember rightly, which is only really short if you place it next to other JRPGs.

Which I am if I want a JRPG it either has to dig its claws in like Persona 5 did that I will want to play for 95hrs or be on the shorter side.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 15:10

I am kinda tempted to pick up XC2 is it worth it peeps? Or shall I wait it out for Octopath?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 18:27

Very differing views on that here, Eof! Generally positive ones elsewhere. I've certainly given it the most time here: it's more Xenoblade, if you played the first one. If not, it's all about the atmosphere, built by means of massive worlds, changing weather, and beautiful music. The battle system's good for an RPG too: action-based, and surprisingly tactical. There are good characters and bad characters (the main two females are one of my best and worst female characters in gaming), and the plot's not bad. And it'll keep you going for hours and hours and hours.

I'd say, it depends whether you're fonder of modern or retro-style JRPGs. I think XC2 is an excellent example of the former.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 20:30

I'd say have you played Ni No Kuni 2? If not go and play that instead.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 21:08

I see what you mean about split views!

I generally prefer old school jrpgs but I would like to try something a little different for a change!

And yep I have Ni No Kuni 2 so I might go for that instead!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:12

I would have said XCX2 is old-school and something like Persona 5 is a modern JRPG.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:13

Bear in mind this is Andy we're talking about here. Tongue That said, certainly can't criticise you for playing one of Studio Ghibli's beautiful RPGs! I've heard it's not as good as NNK1, but that's just hearsay...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 18:44

Okay, I need to sort this out.

Currently Playing:
Sushi Striker - Really still enjoying this, for all that it knackers my fingers.  And I still seem to have a fair way to go...
Thimbeweed Park - Plugging through this still with The Lady, but walkthroughs are now being employed.

Next in Line:
Mario Tennis Aces - I want to give this a go.  I've got the game, the least I can do is give it a chance without being put off by all of the not-so-ace things I've heard about it.
Hollow Knight - This, on the other hand, I've heard nowt but good about.  A must-buy when SS is done.
Lumines - I said I'd get this to support the Meteos man, and I've read nothing to suggest I should do otherwise.

Need to Play:
Yoku's Island Express - This is just too damn chirpy not to give another crack at, but it's fallen down below some other new games.
Lost Sphear - Low pressure JRPG.  One for 'the neutral times in my existence'.
Golf Story - An odd one, it was pleasant enough to keep me playing but never really grabbed me.  Still, the dialogue and golf were solid enough.  One I could happily play the occasional round in.

Falling Off the Bottom:
Yooka-Laylee - Chirpy and cheerful, I got on with it more than people suggested I would, but it's a decently sized game and I'm not sure I have that time for 'more than people suggested I would'.
Light Fall - It's a cute enough indie platformer but it's no Celeste, I can tell you that already.
Nintendo Labo Variety Kit - I just don't have enough time in my flat to build all of the things.  Basically I need a two-week holiday at home to get stuck into them, and since I'm unlikely to get that until other things come along at Christmas, this is very close to being written off.

Everybody else was interested in that, right?  Right...?

01/09/18 EDIT: Well that's my question answered with a resounding 'no'. Having finished Iconoclasts, I need to reorganise my backlog for my own sake:

Currently Playing:
Okami - Paused it to finish off Icos, time to get back on the bandwagon.
Octopath Traveller - Just put it into the Switch, it'll be given a crack soon.
Thimbleweed Park - Yeah...

Next in Line:
Yoku's Island Express - This little game has taken a step up the priority list, and I could mix it up with the above games. More likely, though...
Hyper Light Drifter - ...it'll be this. Comes out very soon.

Need to Play:
The Messenger - Oh gosh, everybody's talking about this. I feel I should get in on it... TOO MANY GAAAAAAAMES

Falling Off the Bottom
Mario Tennis Aces - I've still got it, and I know they've made changes, but by most accounts Adventure Mode just generally isn't that good and there's not a quick fix for that. Of these games, it's the one I'm most likely to go back to.
Golf Story - I've not played any of this since last time. I feel like it's one of those games you play at launch when you've finished BotW and are waiting for something else to come out, but with so much quality on the eShop I don't think this stands up well enough.
Light Fall - In the same bucket really, only it released later. Still here, rather than the doldrums, because what little I played was fun and I can theoretically see myself picking it up again... but not above the top seven items on this list.

That's no so bad actually, if I just focus on the top six! Octopath and Okami are large, of course. Since last time, Yooka-Laylee has taken a tumble because it's just been pushed out of the limelight, Labo isn't really for me I don't think, and Lost Sphear is just dull.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 18:10

Time for an update. Guilty, I'm feeling so very, very guilty.

Games I’m currently playing: Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, Wild Guns: Reloaded.

Games I’ll play casually: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+, Mario Tennis Aces, Go Vacation, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, UNO, Steredenn: Binary Stars, Namco Museum, Rocket League, ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug.

Games I’ll get back to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Splatoon 2, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Snipperclips Plus, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Snake Pass, Kamiko, Arcade Archives PUNCH-OUT!!, Bulb Boy, Kid Tripp, Danmaku Unlimited 3, SEGA AGES: Thunder Force IV, Bleed.

Games I’ve dinghied: Fast Racing NEO, Golf Story, Flip Wars, Mecho Tales, The Sparkle 2 EVO, Enter The Gungeon, ACA NEOGEO Super Sidekicks.

Games I’ve finished and kept: Super Bomberman R, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit, Graceful Explosion Machine, Shantae: ½ Genie Hero, Wulverblade, Bayonetta, Floor Kids, Shu, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Steamworld Dig 2, Aqua Kitty UDX, Miles & Kilo, ACA NEOGEO Alpha Mission II.

Games I’ve finished and traded in: FIFA 18, Scribblenauts Showdown, Yoku’s Island Express, Super Mario Party.

Games I didn’t finish and traded in: LEGO City Undercover, LA Noire, Lumo, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Runbow, Owlboy, Overcooked: Special Edition, The Escapists 2.

Games I’ve not started yet: Bayonetta 2, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, NBA Playgrounds 2, Oxenfree, The Adventure Pals, Ikaruga, Wonderboy: The Dragon’s Trap.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Tue 27 Nov 2018 - 18:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Underlined games are retail, italics are downloads.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2018 - 22:20

That's a bigger list than I'd expected from you Cappa - didn't take you to have a big backlog!

Now that other people's lists are getting suitably long, maybe I won't feel as bad updating mine... Maybe. Embarrassed

Games I'm Currently Playing: The World Ends With You: Final REMIX

Games I've Beaten But Would Like To Return To:  Hollow Knight's DLC, true ending in Octopath Traveller, 100% in Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild DLC

Games I Need To Get Back To At Some Stage: Splatoon 2's story mode, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (well, 2/3rds of it), Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Fire Emblem Warriors for the adventure mode maps

Games I've Beaten On Other Platforms But Haven't Played/Beaten the Switch Version Yet:  L.A. Noire, Undertale, The Binding of Isaac

Oh boy, here we go...

Games I've Not Even Played Yet: LEGO City Undercover, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Sushi Striker, Dead Cells, Oxenfree, Bayonetta 2, Subsurface Circular, This is the Police, The Flame in the Flood, Owlboy, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Battle Chef Brigade, Darkest Dungeon, Mega Man Legacy Collection

...I need to stop buying new games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 10:54

Bloody hell Jay!  I have at least played all my recent games.  And that's a fierce amount of games/guilt there Cappa!

My backlog's quite small right now, but don't let that fool you: it's just because I've given up on ever getting back to a lot of stuff.  So while I chug through PLGE, and know that Smash is likely to steal all of my time very shortly, I'm aware that I should get back tooooo:

TWEWY (now stylus-enabled!)
The Messenger
The Gardens Between
Mario Tennis: Aces
(now that it's been tweaked beyond recognition, possibly into something actually good)
Yoku's Island Express
Hyper Light Drifter
Yooka-Laylee
(more of a forlorn hope to be honest)
and I'd still quite like to buy Just Shapes and Beats. Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 15:51

Mines rather small

TWEWY is my go-to game on Switch at the moment but not got a stylus yet and controls are a bit iffy that I might wait till I do

Diablo III yet to start it as I got a feeling when I do that's all I'll play till I'm "finished"

Hyrule Warriors DX, I only really want to do the Linkle stuff

Then I do have some downloads I may play but not super motivated to do Battle Chef Brigade, Golf Story, I Am Setsuna, Kamiko, NORTH and I might have others in the 50 games I have downloaded but am I really going to click this time with Shovel Knight.

I would like to get Star (fox) link and maybe Civ VI at some point but can't think of much else that isn't cheaper and with better performance on other systems such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 20:48

I don't know why, but I only buy super-special-offer impulse buys on Steam - my Switch backlog is small because I've not purchased a load of stuff I really want to play. I've just got Wonder Boy III and a bunch of NES games sitting there unplayed. I'm not going to work out my "what to buy next" list - there's probably about 20 games you've all recommended to me!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 0:11

Steam's sale prices are deceptive though as you'll think "£5 for that? It'd be rude not to!" and before long you've spent hundreds of pounds on Steam games that'll never ever be played.

Although, that's not exclusive to Steam for me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 8:49

Update since my last post

The_Jaster wrote:
Games I want to play & finish

Hyrule Warriors - This'll be the main focus for now as I'm out of the prologue of Legends mode. Shelved this one entirely as there are just better games to be playing.

Ikaruga - Not started Played this for a good few hours and got my fill.

Celeste - Not started Finished this.

Aqua Kitty UDX - Not started Finished this.

Severed - Not started Finished this.

LA Noire - Not started

Recently finished games: Pool Panic, The Messenger & Yoku's Island express.

Backlog games: Into the Breach, Slain back from hell, Hyper light drifter, Dead Cells & LA Noire.

Currently playing: Into the Breach
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 11:20

Your completion rate's brutal Jas!  I think I'm going to do another 'auditions' session in February, giving a bunch of games in my backlog a few hours each to decide whether or not to carry on with a few games.  Let me see where I'm up to...

Balladeer wrote:
TWEWY (now stylus-enabled!)
The Gardens Between
The Messenger
Mario Tennis: Aces
(now that it's been tweaked beyond recognition, possibly into something actually good)
Yoku's Island Express
Hyper Light Drifter
Yooka-Laylee
(more of a forlorn hope to be honest)
and I'd still quite like to buy Just Shapes and Beats. Neutral

...oh God all of these!  And also Guac 2 and Okami and I'd quite like to try Travis Strikes Again and Tales of Vesperia!

Right.  I think after Smash I'm going to purchase JSaB, accept that I won't be buying TSA, have one more crack at each of the last 6 on that list, and clear some backlog space.  I'll let Jas' ruthless efficiency inspire me!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 12:22

There's tonnes of games on my eShop watchlist though with the mains ones I really want being Pikuniku, Guac 2 & TSA where I'll either snap and buy all of them or wait until I've finished a few from my backlog and treat myself to one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 13:46

Oh and Wandersong! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 14:10

Balladeer wrote:
Oh and Wandersong! Crying or Very sad

I'm going to pick that up on PS4 this week (22nd), so I'll let you know if it's worth starting
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 13:12

Thus far my auditions are not going well.  I thought I'd be able to make the choice to chuck more games than I didn't easily.  Instead, I've only found two games from my backlog I want to dump, and one of those I'm so close to the end that I may as well finish it.  The others have all been lots of fun.

Curse you Switch for having so many good games! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 15:05

I've not played Wandersong on anything yet and out of that list of your Balla, only The Gardens Between is a must play in my opinion.

My Switch backlog is Starlink, Diablo and Pikuniku as I can't think of any other game I have that I truly want to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 19:11

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 10:38

masofdas wrote:
I've not played Wandersong on anything yet and out of that list of your Balla, only The Gardens Between is a must play in my opinion.

My Switch backlog is Starlink, Diablo and Pikuniku as I can't think of any other game I have that I truly want to play.

Get on Pikuniku! It's only a few hours long and well worth it

I really liked Starlink too but that's a much longer investment
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 22:20

Time for a wee update.

Recently finished: Into the breach & Pikuniku

Backlog: Downwell, Slain back from hell, Hyper light drifter, Dead Cells & LA Noire

I think I'll return to Slain which I think I left at about half way done a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next