We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt

Go down 
+14
Kriken
shanks
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 20:32

'Six games at the moment' is probably an exaggeration, since I doubt I'll keep all those plates spinning. It's more, two main games, four games I dip into if in the mood (now five), one game that's properly in the backlog, and two equivalents of your last category; but the middle two categories are going to get mixed up.

Anyway, that's an impressive current catalogue, but given your many machines I'm not surprised. Hope you enjoy Sakuna!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:39

I know I've got lot of machines because retro and collecting but really it's just the two I use and think most on here are PS4(5) + Switch, I just happen now to be Xbox + Switch (I also think it's a high percentage of Switch installbase have another system in general).

I don't know how others backlogs really compare, if I hazard a guess sort be similar (eg Jas old post of his backlog).

Ohh and I still might add PS5 into the mix but I'm in absolutely no rush to get one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Nov 2021 - 13:27

On this week's cast, EofGiz says he's going to go 12 months without buying a game because of his backlog (he doesn't mention it but also guess if he waits 12 months, Horizon Forbidden West won't be £70), they don't think I can do a month without buying a game of any kind.

There are forfeits etc and my not buying a game is meant to be after EofGiz does 3 months at least, which means I wouldn't be able to get anything from March, a month with GT7, Triangle Strategy & Rune Factory 5. That I'm just going to do December and even maybe January as well (I only want Pokémon Legends which is out on my birthday, so can just ask for it) to prove a point more than anything.

As my backlog (mixed in all systems part from retro as then list be about 100 games) looks like this of things I do want to play:

The main ones:

• Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. What I'm currently playing.
• Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. Recently got and seems fine enough.
• Shin Megami Tensei V. A long one and what will cover most of the month anyway as I plan to finish (unless it's crap) before the end of the year.
• Call of Duty Vanguard. It be a short, fun enough campaign, then I can just uninstall it.  
• Wavetale. A Stadia exclusive (madness) which looks like it be fun and is about 5hrs long.
• Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Seeing I'm about 5hrs in and paid like £35 for it, I do want to play soon.

On the fringe:

Aliens: Fireteam Elite, bought as it was a cheap physical PS5 game, and I've not touched it since the day I got my PS5.
Atelier Ryza 2
Control: Ultimate Edition, started again on PS5 still great and a doable plat.
Days Gone
Death Stranding: Director's Cut, brilliant but I have played recently enough.
Gravity Rush 2
The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures, I'm like halfway through the first game.
Horizon Zero Dawn - Frozen Wilds, I should do the DLC before the sequel.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Maquette
NieR:Automata, CW keeps going on about it and I loved Replicant.
The Pathless, heard good things and not long.
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, kinda want to play the actual game first mind.
Persona 5 Royal, I would have to start again and SMTV might be too similar
Persona 5 Strikers
République
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Shenmue II, partway through and easy'ish plat however finished countless times in the past.
Skyward Sword HD, not big on either control system and I've finished twice on Wii.
Sonic Colours: Ultimate
Submerged: Hidden Depths
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Watch Dogs 2
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Lot of RPG's in the fringe section, and I am planning on playing two before even getting to these but hey if Balla wants to go hey after the main backlog, you should check out Ys VIII next, then I'll keep it in mind.

Also even though I say not buying new games, Halo Infinite will be added to Game Pass and maybe something added to NSO but these services I've paid for anyway.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2021 - 8:52

My Switch backlog is madness.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 8:29

When I buy a new and non-retro game, I’m best to just play it as soon as. At least my Switch backlog is mostly just ACA NeoGeo and SEGA AGES games now, but there’s still a handful of modern games I best get through. It’s years since I bought stuff like Oxenfree, Ori & The Blind Forest and Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, and they’ve gone years untouched.

In my defence, a lot of my Switch backlog was made up of those random eShop games you sometimes get for free, from Qubic Games and that. I’ve deleted those from my menu. Those just made a problem look and feel worse.

Once I’m done with Shining Pearl, I’m all sussed for what I’ll go onto next. It’s taken a bit of willpower for nearly a year, but I’ve left Bowser’s Fury as my main Christmas game for 2021. I'm really looking forward to finally starting that. Afterward, I’ll go onto Metroid Dread in the new year. I’ll maybe squeeze a couple of games from the various Switch Online apps in between, and I’ll keep dipping into Animal Crossing New Horizons too.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 9:53

I got Oxenfree not long after I bought my Switch in 2017. I played it and just didn't like it. Don't even consider it part of my considerable backlog.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 10:05

Yeah I do try to play soon as Cappa but take past week, Halo Infinite Multiplayer come out and mates playing that. So instead of playing Guardians of the Galaxy, free time is Halo.

Oxenfree is a banger.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 12:48

I'm guilty of multiplayer stuff taking up most of my time as well or I either resort to playing comfy replayable games like MH or PES. I think I need to make a new 'to play' list that fits in my new games I've bought over the last month or so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Nov 2021 - 17:15

I've fallen out of that. I used to spend huge chunks of time playing mainly Smash, but also things like Mario Tennis and Meteos - as Jas says, titles I found comfy and replayable. Now that I don't have so much time, that feels like time... wasted if that makes sense? Which is obviously nonsense, because if you're enjoying games then that's the most you can hope for from them. It does mean that I enjoy those games less. The result is that I get through more games, which can be a good thing (for a backlog) or a bad thing (for a bank balance).

Obviously the worst of both worlds is buying a bunch of games, not getting to them, and then buying a bunch more! But as long as it doesn't put the buyer in a difficult place financially, that 'worst' is a long way off being actually bad.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Nov 2021 - 18:29

Honestly my backlog across all consoles is well into the hundreds so I really need to get that under control. And tbh I'm saving money to buy a house so spending less on games for a year sounds like a sensible idea when I have so much already to play plus game pass!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Nov 2021 - 19:33

Eof there, sailing awfully close to the 'worst' actually being bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Nov 2021 - 19:40

Balladeer wrote:
Eof there, sailing awfully close to the 'worst' actually being bad. Razz

Oh for suuuuuure 😂
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:25

My Switchlog has got a bit bigger recently I now have some categories

The Gust RPG
Atelier Ryza 2 v Blue Reflection: Second Light. I've had Ryza 2 longer, yet Blue I only recently got that it is fresher in my mind of hey I might play.

The Mature game
Dark Souls v Disco Elysium. Both are play soon games.

The Musou
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity v Persona 5 Strikers. Out of these two, P5S seemed more like its source game that I think I would play P5S first. Just umm Three Hopes is coming out at some point, which end up being the Musou I play.

The Xenoblade's
Xenoblade Chronicles v Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So XC makes sense being the first, however as I've played Torna that I want to learn more and play XC2, yet I'll play XC3 intsead.

The ongoing
Monster Hunter Rise. Just MHR (Okay Mario Kart 8D around DLC launches), which I want to get my rank up before Sunbreak.

Aaahh!!! More RPG's
Paper Mario v Sakuna v Shin Megami Tensei III v Tokyo Mirage Sessions v Ni No Kuni v NEO: TWEWY. This one is just silly, I might cross out Sakuna because Rune Factory 5 soon and SMTIII because I played SMTV this year. NNK, I would like to play again why I bought it on sale, just in no rush as I've played before. Still, that leaves three I may play at somepoint.

The indie
Chicory. Nice and easy, this one.

I'm playing Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden at the moment, which I'm on chapter 3 of 6 (I think) certainly will continue on with it. I mentioned Rune Factory 5 as an upcoming game, I do also have Kirby on his way before getting into April.

Of course other things be Great Ace or Tokyo Dark: Remembrance that I may get to at some point just so far down the pecking order.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:39

Sakuna isn't even an RPG, it's an action game crossed with a farming sim! Seriously nothing like Rune Factory from what I understand of the latter.

My backlog's pretty tame at the moment, but that's mostly because I keep buying games I don't like much and dropping them after an hour or two. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:43

Umm action role-playing simulation are all listed under genre on the press site, and it has farming in it, also Andy mentioned them both together as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 21:28

Shortly before admitting that they weren't much like each other when pressed!

I'm not saying play Sakuna straight away (obviously play NEO TWEWY straight away instead), but it definitely won't fill the same niche as the ones you've placed it next to. Neither will Paper Mario, perhaps, but I haven't played that one so can't speak with authority.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:51

I think my backlog is limited to: Disgea 5 - which I bought on a sale and know it'll be a game for me when things are slow. And Chicory, which I'll play when I'm in the right mood. They're both games I've played fractions of but not any significant attempts.

I never did finish Hollow Knight or Celeste. I'd probably give Hollow another go from the beginning as I was very much enjoying it, but Celeste really didn't click with me at all. I liked the way Celeste looked, sounded, and the story it told, but the actual platforming I didn't really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 23:02

Balladeer wrote:
Shortly before admitting that they weren't much like each other when pressed!  

I'm not saying play Sakuna straight away (obviously play NEO TWEWY straight away instead), but it definitely won't fill the same niche as the ones you've placed it next to.  Neither will Paper Mario, perhaps, but I haven't played that one so can't speak with authority.

Yeah Paper Mario tad different maybe I should have bundled those two together in the weird RPG category.

Then either way got Rune Factory 5 coming, and also Kirby basically a lot on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 20:38

Muss wrote:
Celeste really didn't click with me at all.

Acht that's a shame Muss. What was it that didn't work for you? The writing? The visuals? The high difficulty?

Muss wrote:
the actual platforming I didn't really enjoy.

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 Confused-gif-5
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySun 19 Jun 2022 - 12:55

I did on the YouTube channel a Switch collection video awhile ago now, which is basically a backlog video in the end, and did see the GNamer twitter RT it, so thanks for that.

Looking though, I feel my backlog of what I want to play as I'm not that bothered about playing Skyward Sword HD as I finished twice on Wii.

Physical

AI: The Somnium Files, just bought as the second looks good and I feel Andy has said it's good (it is Andy though) along with Mrs Balla who I do have my faith in.

Blue Reflection: Second Light, Balla have to remind me if worth getting to or not as I do have Atelier Ryza 2 also from Gust.

Dark Souls Remastered, I do want to get to it but feel I should play when I've got free time to give a proper go, then dipping in & out.

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut, got the physical day it came out and know it's meant to be good but like Souls above one I feel need to give proper time to.

Eastward, another got physical on release and yet to play however feel I could play this alongside something else though.

Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, you might be wondering why this is here as it's not a backlog game that would be correct yet why it is because I have Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity & Persona 5 Strikers which are also Musou games in my collection that I'm pointing out from the three of them Three Hopes will be the one I play.

Monster Hunter Rise, more of an ongoing game especially with the expansion coming.

Nintendo Switch Sports, like MonHan Rise really I dip into play some random games for about a hour then play something more substantial.

Paper Mario: The Origami King, pretty low on will play list but is one I do want to play at somepoint.

Rune Factory 5, coming out same say as Kirby didn't help as I played that then moved onto the next shiny thing and not gone back but certainly feel like I'll play this before Sakuna.

Sonic Colours: Ultimate and even Super Mario 3D All-Stars, with stuff like Kirby this year and Klonoa coming I am less excited to play either of these.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore, I own it twice, and I like Atlus games that it really should be one of the JRPG's I own which include SMTIII & Xenoblade 1 & 2 that I should get to.

Digital

Chicory, it seems a very me game.

FAR: Changing Tides, got in a sale even though could have played on Game Pass.

Gear.Club Unlimited 2, another in a sale game and what I have played isn't bad just like in a months time be Forza Horizon 5 DLC which will be a million times better than this. And I could play Need for Speed Remaster instead.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, will got back with pack 2.

Mario Strikers: Battle League Football, just got and have done the normal cups already that it is now waiting for some online with you guys.

NEO: The World Ends with You, another JRPG and more coming out soon when will I get to them all.

Neon White, playing at the moment and it is darn good which makes it such as shame seem to have flopped already.

The Solitaire Conspiracy, got as I had gold left over and it was £2.

Of course more like Ni No Kuni Remastered, Roki etc just I know I'll never get to them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptySat 25 Jun 2022 - 0:26

The last week I've decided to be a bit more careful with what games I'm buying in the future as there's a handful I just decided to archive either because I've went months not playing them or not even started them at all. Embarrassed

Switch backlog (of games I know I'll play) is now down to a much more manageable 10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2022 - 20:19

10 is creditable! Don't tell us what the ones you've shelved are, there'll be at least something I'll grind my teeth at.

My big Switch backlog problem is Pikmin 3 Deluxe. A good time whenever I can bring myself to play it, which is hardly ever.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2022 - 18:41

Balladeer wrote:
My big Switch backlog problem is Pikmin 3 Deluxe.  A good time whenever I can bring myself to play it, which is hardly ever.

How come? I found it mega addictive.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 21:38

I'm bad at strategy, and I'm bad at multitasking, and this feels a lot like Strategy And Multitasking: The Game. So I try and take it slowly and methodically which probably isn't the most fun way to play, and sometimes I make slip-ups because I don't know what's going on, and every time I lose a juice day I feel like I have to retry, which is dull. When I think about doing all that again, my brain goes, '...isn't there anything else you could stimulate me with instead?'

Basically: I am rather neurotic, and Pikmin 3 is a bad game for those neuroses.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 22:02

I get what you mean, but I thought Pikmin 3 was good at making sure you had way more juice than you needed so slipping up wasn't really a big deal. Maybe it's just that I'm super chill and cool (and also handsome).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt   Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Backlog Thread of Guilt
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next