We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy

Go down 
+10
Muss
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
shanks
fronkhead
Jimbob
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 19:14

shanks wrote:
So you'd say from you point of view Sand is evil?
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-2qWKAa_ALWdXe-ljbKpYWoWMN3VecyO88uEb-RUcAZ7u_UET
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:10

Balladeer wrote:
...Jay perhaps you should try every other game you own before you start this and we never see you again.

Laughing

I'll try and juggle another game so my forum activity isn't solely centred in this thread. I could end up hating it - who knows?

masofdas wrote:
shanks wrote:
So you'd say from you point of view Sand is evil?
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-2qWKAa_ALWdXe-ljbKpYWoWMN3VecyO88uEb-RUcAZ7u_UET

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Tumblr_ow4idgE4yr1u1ljrzo2_500
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:35

JayMoyles wrote:
I'll try and juggle another game so my forum activity isn't solely centred in this thread. I could end up hating it - who knows?

Ah, I'm sure you'll love romancing the naïve schoolgirl who's several years younger than you!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 22:46

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Giphy

I sort of hope it's just the kids that can be romanced with each other but then if I spend all my time with Ashe then who knows.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 0:16

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Ah, I'm sure you'll love romancing the naïve schoolgirl who's several years younger than you!

No

Mas: Nope... whilst they're more early uni age as in 18/19 from what I've seen, they're all still dateable, I believe. I think the player character is meant to be early 20s, but there's power dynamics there that make my skin crawl.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 9:32

Ross from friends, got ya
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 21:23

Oh I have heard bad things about him.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2019 - 18:50

Reviews are landing and well it looks like it's a goodun, wonders if Balla will be persuaded to get what some are claiming RPG of the Year and maybe even GOTY.

I talked about the length of the game already and from reviews, it seems to be anywhere from 40hrs to 70hrs for a playthrough. And it seems that to get the full story, this will need to play as all three houses to get all the story and lore. Which makes sense if I'm teaching in Class A with the Black Eagles, I don't know what's happening with the Blue Lions. Just unless you use time skips and auto-level ups etc, this will take a very long time and might put off the above Balla.

As choosing what house to teach is a big choice as unless you recruit some new students, which always can't be done as seems one of the female students will only join you if you're playing as the male protagonist due to her having a crush on him.  You'll be stuck with who've got but I've seen this as a positive from some as you get to know those 8 or so students better and you've got to come up with a team that works with those students.

On relationships, it can only be done after the time jump and only you can the protagonist can get into a relationship along with S-ranks. I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse as all the students will be done with school (you can also date some other people) but one is 15 and I guess if you spend time with her in school then bam soon as shes 20 you're dating her "power dynamics there that make my skin crawl" or

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Ffab32bbab4f5aec768099f5ca3b40f6

Anyway, I'm excited this is coming to tomorrow and to teach my Black Eagles, plus it's reviewing well as it seems holding out with the Switch will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2019 - 1:26

Just got the game and waiting for it's patch to download.. Which may give me another 30 seconds of still not deciding which house I'm going with
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 12:12

I'm just about to start chapter 6 which puts me at about halfway through the pre-time-jump.

Loving it so far, my Black Eagles + Sylvain (he's got a nice horsey) are doing well for me and I feel I've got a nice balance of magic users, archers and strong attack with Bernadetta being my MVP and likely will end up as a Sniper.

I'm playing on normal casual but I do feel normal might be too easy unless playing with permadeath on. I don't know if I would want to play with permadeath on, mind, as the cast is rather small unless you really aim to recruit other house members, that unlike Awakening where I had units I never used as people didn't die.

I could see this becoming hard quick due to lack of options to replace units with others. I wait to hear Athrun do the game on hard with permadeath on in a few months.

The other thing the game has loads of options to auto and skip things that other playthroughs might not take as long as you may think.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 21:05

Yeah I’m in a similar boat with both houses and difficulty (though playing with permadeath on obv) it’s bloody good innit?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 21:07

How you finding it with permadeath on, any casualties yet? If so how has that made things with the smaller cast?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 22:41

Naa, only had 1 run in that could’ve killed me and that was just because it was so easy I got cocky. Only problem has been I’ve not been able to kill the lad who had the dark crest thing you need to get a black mage...

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 23:09

That's how you do it, I was going to make someone a black mage but didn't have the seal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 10:31

I've gotten to the time jump and done a couple of chapter's within the jump.

My house:

Also seems Koei Tecmo mainly worked on this as Intelligent System wanted to get a game out before the end of 2019.

That I can now Romance of the Three Kingdoms vibes because of Koei but also makes me wonder what Intelligent System is actually doing, as they only loaned out some of their staff.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 11:54

I picked this up and I am enjoying it so far. I was really worried about the RPG stuff - and the tea minigame is super creepy - but for the most part I think the RPG stuff has actually been done pretty well.

I think the battles so far have been good, I like having an open class system, and being able to tutor characters helps me feel more invested in their progress.

There are some classic JRPG issues: you're often introduced to new concepts with a load of text without voice overs; the UI isn't perfect (I can't seem to find the Class mastery EXP bar anywhere), and there are some concepts the game doesn't explain (Authority, the gambit troops health icon - although the latter might be buried in a text log somewhere).

But it's the best Fire Emblem I've played in a long time, which is why I'm on this thread at work Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 15:21

There’s nothing creepy about a tea mini game where if you say what the character wants to hear you get to stare at them up close at the end. Nothing creepy at all...

I had a splitting headache last night so couldn’t play but I can’t wait to get back to it. Concerned it may be ruining my brain though, I’m planning in my sleep, help!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 18:59

A few hours in and enjoying it so far.

Playing it on normal/classic with permadeath on though it feels almost redundant in this game since I can rewind turns (limited uses but still generous), and if one of your main characters die you can restart the chapter with all the exp you earned and any deaths reversed. Basically resets you except you keep the exp.

I don't plan on abusing that feature though. Have been trying to win battles cleanly, but it's nice to have a safety net. I like my more traditional Fire Emblem games and later titles like Conquest which emulate them, but this is one I'll gladly enjoy at a more relaxed pace, exploring the monastery, learning about the world and customising units. Been getting pretty absorbed by it.

Also the presentation/aesthetic is so nice. Would be nice if faces were a bit more expressive, but I can't complain too much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 21:14

Crumpy Andy wrote:
There’s nothing creepy about a tea mini game where if you say what the character wants to hear you get to stare at them up close at the end. Nothing creepy at all...

And the character is or was a schoolchild you taught.

Kriken wrote:
Playing it on normal/classic with permadeath on though it feels almost redundant in this game since I can rewind turns (limited uses but still generous), and if one of your main characters die you can restart the chapter with all the exp you earned and any deaths reversed. Basically resets you except you keep the exp.

That sounds a) game-breaking and b) excellent.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 21:29

You can also do that on casual, which if you're thinking about getting Three Houses, might be best for you if you suck at Strategy.

I was saying that the game has been rather easy, that I might have gone hard casual but these late game chapters (17 I'm on) have been far more challenging.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 12:16

I'm fairly confident that a Japanese copy will have English, based on the eShop, so my current plan is to pick this up in a week's time when my paycheck comes in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 12:20

Buying retail or of the eShop, as wouldn't it be easier to buy from a English eShop to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 12:27

Yeah I picked up my third copy (after accidentally double ordering and then not returning to the uk) from cdkeys for 40 to avoid mad Eshop prices

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 22:41

If buying from the English eshop were easier, I'd be doing that.

The thing is, that involves putting money on my UK bank card, which is a ballache, and paying eShop prices, which are obscene.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2019 - 22:46

Couldn't you do like Andy and buy from CDKeys for £40 (or eShop credit), then can't you pay with PayPal or a Japanese bank account? I've only ever done it the other way buying from likes of Youtube Auctions in Japan then paid with PayPal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next