Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy

Go down 
+10
Muss
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
shanks
fronkhead
Jimbob
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 0:59

...through gritted teeth, yep. Evil or Very Mad

Everybody with taste knows that Nephenee and Jill were much cooler and appealing characters than Tharja and Camilla, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 May 2019 - 10:05

I stumbled across this video which looks at the students of the three houses
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 0:23

How spoilery is that Mas? Is it just a rough overview of each character to get an idea of which house you should pick?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 10:14

Basically just looks at everything out there via trailers, website etc to go

These students are part of this house, looks like this one is good at magic and has a crush on the head of the house.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 13:25

I presume said student is female? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 15:26

Possibly I was just using a example. If this Fire Emblem channel is right, I may play three times, once with each house especially with it being 12 chapter's roughly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 17:40

I'm a wee bit concerned about that as Fates had three routes, each with varying levels of quality. I'd rather have a consistent overall experience, personally.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 19:08

He brings up they might all come together to defeat the big bad, like Harry Potter (I think) but the run to the end you'd just be hanging out with gryffindor.

With the difference being in-between bit as I didn't hang out with Draco Malfoy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 18:16

Well, this might be more than 12 chapters then as from today it seems we're going to go forward 5 years at some point.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:26

The timeskip has me feeling more interested in this now. The idea of shaping your students early stat gains and abilities and seeing how they flourish post-timeskip would be an interesting one, if they choose to go down that road.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:06

Yeah as what if I put all my time in with Black Eagles, will then Edelgard be the strongest ruler in 5 years time and harder to defeat or a better ally? Could be really interesting if done right.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:36

Yeah, that trailer made it look far more interesting than when it appeared to be just high school drama. I'm actually pretty excited now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 20:27

I've been thinking about this since Balla posted about replaying games.

This year so far I've finished 30 or 29.5 games depending on your view of Resident Evil 2 as I've only finished with Claire as I didn't want to replay it again so soon. Yes I know both scenarios have differences.

What this has to do with Fire Emblem Three Houses, as it gets closer to launch we're getting more information and it seems at some point you must side with one the three houses.

I don't know when this is or how it will change things, I'm feeling before the time jump from the info.

Anyway the director (I think) recently talked about how one house play through took him 80hrs, now he might have been playing on hard, permadeath, all sidequests etc but dam that seems long and we have three houses.

I'm not sure I will be replaying this beyond the first time and think to myself, these are my choices this is my story.

Also who knows maybe you can start from the chapter you have to decide what house you're picking, like you could do with Fates.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 13:42

80 Hours seems really looooooong.

I've been playing through Echoes recently, having picked it up a couple of weeks ago. It's weird because in act 2 you have enemies spawning on the world map, and they'll come towards your position on the map every other turn. So I think you're encouraged to do things like upgrade your units, which you can only do at certain locations, after killing the thing that's spawning them. The enemy spawning is still really annoying though because you'll get more enemies on one map if the spawned crew is sharing a tile with a story mission crew when you wander over there. So it's best to lure out the spawners into an open tile on the world map. Do other FE games do this? I can't remember.

I think the excuse for having it this way was that you're at war in Echoes. But I really hope that Houses doesn't pad it's length by throwing an onslaught of scrubber dubber mobs at you. Fire Emblem is at its best when you're puzzling out a story mission imo, scrubber dub fights devalue that. I don't want things to feel like a slog; sometimes less is more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 14:53

That's the thing originally people thought the game was short as only seems to have one fight at the end of each month of school, as the rest of the month is social link type stuff.

Now the time jump may added in fights that pad the game out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 23:45

Muss wrote:
80 Hours seems really looooooong.

I've been playing through Echoes recently, having picked it up a couple of weeks ago. It's weird because in act 2 you have enemies spawning on the world map, and they'll come towards your position on the map every other turn. So I think you're encouraged to do things like upgrade your units, which you can only do at certain locations, after killing the thing that's spawning them. The enemy spawning is still really annoying though because you'll get more enemies on one map if the spawned crew is sharing a tile with a story mission crew when you wander over there. So it's best to lure out the spawners into an open tile on the world map. Do other FE games do this? I can't remember.

I think the excuse for having it this way was that you're at war in Echoes. But I really hope that Houses doesn't pad it's length by throwing an onslaught of scrubber dubber mobs at you. Fire Emblem is at its best when you're puzzling out a story mission imo, scrubber dub fights devalue that.  I don't want things to feel like a slog; sometimes less is more.

I think Echoes leans more into the RPG side of things what with the dungeon crawling and I think those mooks being thrown at you en masse are the equivalent of random battles in a traditional JRPG. I didn't remember having much trouble with dealing with them though.

I do hope the 80 hours comment is overblown. I do not see Three Houses having the legs to properly support such a run time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2019 - 9:13

I reckon he must have done everything on his run.

As I'm thinking prologue 1hr, 12 months of school at a hour each, some sort of epilogue before time jump 1hr.

Only comes to 14hrs meaning time jump content would be 66hrs long which I can't see.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 22:50

Well, from early review chatter that 80 hour comment apparently rings true if you're doing all the side battles, quests and paralogues and what have you. From what I've heard, even if you skip the side content you're still looking at a 40+ hour game. I hope that runtime proves enjoyable. I have my doubts, but I hope it's not the case - I want this game to be good!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 18:18

...Jay perhaps you should try every other game you own before you start this and we never see you again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 18:21

But you can take your Waifu for a spot of tea in those?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 1:28

Tea? Please I took Corrin to the beach Winky Face

(really coming out with the dirty stuff today huh)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 9:18

Beach has sand, I hate sand it gets everywhere.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 9:29

So you'd say from you point of view Sand is evil?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 10:42

shanks wrote:

Shanks? More like W...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 10:47

Balladeer wrote:
shanks wrote:

Shanks?  More like W...

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 05d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next