Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)

Go down 
+19
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
beemoh
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Silver light
wenywoowoo
Balladeer
Kezz182
Crumpy Andy
Marzy
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 23:10

I'm not too far off the end of this & I just don't want it to end, I'll probably delay finishing it by doing the back to origins levels for a bit.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 16:43

I wanted to make my first post in this thread more than just "Wow, it's really good!", but that's pretty much the limit of what I'm going to be contributing. It's just so playable; I unlocked an Origins level this morning and the difference was staggering. Loving it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Sep 2013 - 10:08

Played a bit of two player Kung foot on Friday night & I don't think I've ever laughed so much while playing a multiplayer game before, simply great stuff that anyone can enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Sep 2013 - 10:49

I had a muck about with Kung Foot the other day, too. I had fun with it just playing by myself; looking forward to some multiplayer with one of my friends in the not-too-distant future.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Sep 2013 - 21:26

It's funny as its one of those modes where someone may look like they are running away with it & then all of a sudden it will be all even again, expect to score some weird own goals too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Sep 2013 - 21:45

Numerous times I've punted the ball in a huge arc which has bounced off the opponent's goal by millimeters, rebounding into my own goal. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySat 21 Sep 2013 - 11:47

I realise how very, very late to the party I am, but are we sure that this is the same people who made Origins? With its repugnant aesthetics and dull levels and boring tunes, in the first world at least? I've only tackled the first few levels of this, but they've been enough to make me reconsider my feelings of Rayman. So slick, both in appearance and in playing style; and Murfy works much better than I'd thought he would.

How does one get the lucky ticket on the "rescue Barbara" level? I seem to be just a few Lums off.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySat 21 Sep 2013 - 12:13

I just ordered this after the irresistible price cut (and the fact I was going to order it as soon as my loan was coming in anyway). I look forward to joining in the (unfortunately slightly easy from what I've heard) fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 22 Sep 2013 - 16:48

Balladeer wrote:
I realise how very, very late to the party I am, but are we sure that this is the same people who made Origins?  With its repugnant aesthetics and dull levels and boring tunes, in the first world at least?  I've only tackled the first few levels of this, but they've been enough to make me reconsider my feelings of Rayman.  So slick, both in appearance and in playing style; and Murfy works much better than I'd thought he would.  

How does one get the lucky ticket on the "rescue Barbara" level?  I seem to be just a few Lums off.
What's this? Balladeer liking a Rayman game? Shocked 

The whole world must be coming to an end, people! Duck and cover!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 5:27

andyman949 wrote:
I just ordered this after the irresistible price cut (and the fact I was going to order it as soon as my loan was coming in anyway). I look forward to joining in the (unfortunately slightly easy from what I've heard) fun.
The difficulty dips up & down to be honest, the hardest levels are usually the music ones or invasion levels & the final world might make some folk tear their hair out.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 9:20

That's alright then. Hopefully it'll be here today, better get that pad charged.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013 - 18:08

Seems I've been sidetracked from this game. Happened with the first one, too. I'll be back!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 12:46

How's it coming along, Andy?

I reached the first level I didn't like today: the opener to the Festival of the Dead world. Where you're Murfy, and have to clear cake out of the way for your... duck. I just found the concept irritating, and Glob-duck had a tendency to weave into the spikes while gliding.

In fact, the entire gliding focus of world two was a bit annoying. Slowed the pace right down. Hope there's less of that in world three.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:10

It's not Laughing still not arrived, sounds like they were having some stock problems. Shouldn't be too much longer though hopefully judging by the last email they sent.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:28

Balladeer wrote:

I reached the first level I didn't like today: the opener to the Festival of the Dead world.  Where you're Murfy, and have to clear cake out of the way for your... duck.  I just found the concept irritating, and Glob-duck had a tendency to weave into the spikes while gliding.

In fact, the entire gliding focus of world two was a bit annoying.  Slowed the pace right down.  Hope there's less of that in world three.
I loved those levels & definitely my favourite ones that included Murfy as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:32

I'm probably still inclined to be harsher on Rayman games than most!

Speaking of which, I tried out an Origins level yesterday. I was worried about bias, but nope: it was indeed worse than anything in Legends. The enemy design, the music, and just the general level design: Legends is so much better.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:35

Everyone's different I suppose & you are right in that Rayman is at its best when the speed is ramped up.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:37

I wrote quite a bit about how much I love this game but then my laptop restarted and I lost it. Regardless I am absolutely in love with this wonderful game. It's so much better than Origins and has quickly shot itself up to my favourite 2D platformer and is fighting it out with TW101 as my favourite Wii U game. Every level is just so wonderful and when the speed hits and the challenge turns up it's absolutely perfect. I can't put the damn thing down it's so good. I reached the credits and played through Livid Dead Party today and I don't think I've ever smiled so much whilst playing a game, it was just beautiful! I'll be mopping up the rest of the Teensies and the few Gold lum trophies I missed over the next couple of days.

My only complaint is along a similar line to what Balla said about Globox above. He's an idiot! Sometimes I couldn't actually do anything to get him to move on and not get himself killed. I can only imagine these levels are amazing fun in multiplayer (and I'll have to give that a shot some time) but with thicko AI they are a bit of a pain at times.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 7:47

Ha! Well I can't say I'm quite so enthusiastic: NSMBU is still my favourite Wii U game. It's just seemed more memorable so far, for some reason. Either way, I'm still having fun with this, although I've been sidetracked by Edgeworth Investigations.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014 - 20:21

RECEIVE!

Going to have to wait until I've got another title off the ol' backlog before I start, but at least it's here, ready for a night of box-fondling.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 7:59

Can't believe I commented so little on this thread! Shocked Anyway, it's a great title to experience... I hope you enjoy it, beemoh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 14:38

I got to the party late, which explains my lack of comments.  Anyway, I did eventually finish the main game, and it jumped up over NSMBU on my "best Wii U games" list, and into a three-way as-yet undecided brawl with SM3DW and DKCTF.  Sadly I'll probably never make it to the Land of the Livid Dead, because I don't like the Origins levels or the invasions.  Am I missing out hugely?  The main game ended on a very anticlimactic note, so I suspect that I might be. Sad
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 1:34

I've not played the Land of the Livid Dead on Legends but it was great on Origins although it's probably quite comparable to the invasion levels in the way you have to have perfect timing and multiple attempts to get through it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 3:56

Don't you mean the livid dead party? I'd say the levels in there are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 7:57

Probably. Whatever the final level in RL is, which requires 700 Teensies to get into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next