Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)

Go down 
+19
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
beemoh
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Silver light
wenywoowoo
Balladeer
Kezz182
Crumpy Andy
Marzy
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 10:11

I will say this.....they are music related.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 22:29

Hmm... I don't know if I'm that bothered - I got the credits sequence, but I had to stop short of trying to 100% it. I gave up where re-trying the first Murfy level - I didn't get enough Lums to get the gold trophy, and I couldn't see any way, having played the game for 20 hours beforehand, how to improve my score.  Mad 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 15:10

Am I the only one who found the lack of structure to the game to lead to an underwhelming ending? I wasn't expecting it to be over in such a weak way after beating the last of the standard bosses at the end of an arbitrary world. Where's the sense of victory, the pizzaz?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 18:08

fronkhead wrote:
Am I the only one...

Always nice to know that people read my posts. Razz Yes, the final boss was rubbish, and I don't remember the ending at all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 20:36

I'd count the ending as the crazy hard Living Dead Party so I wasn't underwhelmed at all!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 9:29

Like I said, though, don't you have to play through most of the Invasions or most of the Origins levels to unlock that?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 10:06

Possibly invasions though you don't need to play a single Origins level for them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 10:12

I'll be honest, I found the Invasions too hard. Also: not interesting enough, compared with the rest of the game. I don't generally like time trial gameplay in general.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a great game, but it loses marks in my book for putting its final world behind two types of levels I couldn't care less about. At least DKCTF only had concept art behind its extra-cheap Hard Mode.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 10:47

If you found the Invasion levels too tough then I'd say the LDP levels probably wouldn't be for you anyway then. The difficulty is what made them the highlight of the game for me.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:11

Balladeer wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
Am I the only one...

Always nice to know that people read my posts. Razz Yes, the final boss was rubbish, and I don't remember the ending at all.

Oh boy, sorry, didn't realise the thread got resurrected on the last page. Ironically every time I write a post I worry that it'll be one of the last of the page for this very reason.

I don't even think there was a final boss, the 'final' boss if I remember correctly was just the boss of whatever world you had to do last. How uninspiring :S.

I found Rayman Legends to have quality levels but boy was it put together so sloppily. Resulted in it being almost as forgettable as Origins (the only thing I remember about Origins at all is the world themes, but no level designs in particular stand out to me at all!)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 8:47

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  I remember quite a few things from Legends - in particular, the bosses apart from the final one were pretty good (I like that mechanical snake thing), but you can't forget the music levels.  You just can't.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 22:17

Balladeer wrote:
Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  I remember quite a few things from Legends - in particular, the bosses apart from the final one were pretty good (I like that mechanical snake thing), but you can't forget the music levels.  You just can't.

I can't believe I just did! But yes, now remembering their existence I remember them all, heck I remember the entire level layout to Castle Rock. As for the main levels, I do recall a few: the one where you use Murphy as a saucer/shield, the one that takes place in a stormy sky, the one with the fuzzy enemies who are scared of fireworks, the stealthy level (which I hated), I must say Rayman Legends did successfully follow the Nintendo way of doing things: one new thing every level. That was usually decent (unlike Yoshi's New Island which introduces new things, just not very good new things by the looks of things).

As I mentioned earlier, I really enjoyed Rayman Legends outside of its rushed ending structure, but I think any problems I have with it are due to the nature of the game: it all seems well set-up for combat and left-to-right platforming thrills and set pieces, but I find the gameplay lacks the sort of tactile fun the 2D Mario platformers have, where you have bags of items and other goodies to play around with and cause havoc or try to best yourself at. Even Mario Galaxy's Yoshi head island had it, where you could lead all the goombas around you and try to chain-stomp on as many as possible. I miss that from Rayman Legends, and it hampers its replayability.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 3:33

Nothing beats luchadors chasing you through cake.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 7:54

I usually hate stealth levels, yet I loved Legends'. The ones I didn't really like were the Murfy-duck levels and the floaty levels, which put a halt to the game's smoothly flowing pace.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 10:25

Murphy duck  DAMN YOU! I can't believe they found a way to make Globox act more stupidly, but they did it with style!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:12

Down with Murphy Duck, that was the only weak part of the game though for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 1:07

Agreed. I liked the inspired use of the GamePad (being able to draw your own path), but there was this one teensie which was hard to get and if you missed it you'd then get to the next checkpoint so the only way to attempt to get it again is to start the level anew...
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 19:12

As I have been recommended to try this game out as it's like the original games of Rayman, I had this from GAME for £12.99 which is pretty cheap for what it is and how amazing this is as a game. I guess fans like myself have given up trying with Rayman because the others are not the same as the original setting but not until you try this game out of a update version.

It is spot on like the original games but better graphics and art-work towards it with overly new fresh faces with is to be expected to have in every rayman game nowadays. I would say this is more child-free making sure there no drama music in the background places of adventure but did with the Playstation one Rayman 1 & 2 games and the originals without a doubt was more challenging to do which I loved about it. It makes it more fun of continuing and wanting me come back again towards the game to complete it. What I am trying to say is Rayman Lengend is the closes as original we gotta get but it doesn't have the challenge factor we know or at lest we loved back in childhood.
thoughts?

Last edited by flora-chan on Wed 8 Apr 2015 - 19:35; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 19:16

You must be early in the game as it gets challenging and takes a long time to 100%, from what I remember from the first Legends blows it out of the water hence all the high scores and praise from us.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 19:21

I have done at lest 3 hours of this game but when does it become more challenging?
I will continue onwards than before giving this a proper score with more hours spend on it - to be continued.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2015 - 9:58

My memory tells me that Rayman Legends was brilliant, although fronky's point about the ending structure is more valid than the proof that there are infinite prime numbers.

DIGRESSION ALERT: That does not make sense. The author of the post is well aware of this but wanted to try his hand at a 'more valid than' joke, to see what cropped up.

Shamefully, once I saw the ending I dropped the game and later traded it in. Embarrassed However, I played an early level on the PS4 version of the game at the National Videogame Arcade (still got to write that up for Gintendo!) and remembered how great it was. Maybe it's time to rebuy the beast... although there are a few games that I'd like to finish off first.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:11

Anyone planning to pick up the Definitive Edition on Switch, which all I know uses touch controls in portable mode.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:32

I've now got Origins and Legends on my Xbox from the Games with Gold, and I haven't played either. Probably won't pay for another copy while I haven't touched those!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:41

Did you never play on the Wii U, that's the best version due to the controls scheme with Murphy which seems to be on the Switch version.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 13:16

I'm tempted - very tempted. RLegends is still one of the best Wii U games, and I traded it in, so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next