We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)

Go down 
+19
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
beemoh
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Silver light
wenywoowoo
Balladeer
Kezz182
Crumpy Andy
Marzy
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 12:00

Fancy Fancy wrote:
How can the game get delayed with just 3 weeks to go? Surely it's all pressed & ready to be sold?

Sounds like the Wii U version was finished a week or two back

Real dick move by Ubisoft's suits there.

Edit - scratch that, "Today is a great day! We've closed Legends [development] Smile" read a post dated 9th January. "See what you think next month!". It was done a whole month ago.

Last edited by Silver light on Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 12:34

Phillips wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Aye ye can't really disagree with what has already been said so far, also wont this move look even more stupid when Sony/MS are set to announce their new systems?

I guess the bright side is that we have free month to get our backlogs down a bit.

Yeah and no, I suppose...I could be doing with a bit more time with Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU, but if you've planted £300 on a new console then you want a steady stream of new software. That Nintendo Direct at the end of January illustrated that the Wii U could - should? - have a bright future, but there's fuck all happening at the moment. The game I'm most looking forward to in the immediate future is F-Zero at 30p.

I know what ye mean, the rest of February is barren but I'm still confident that it will kick up a notch from March onwards I wish it was sooner but it isn't.

If I was nintenodo I'd go crazy with releases on e shop.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 13:29

The_Jaster wrote:
This is what happens when they don't release games often enough, people just forget how to spell your name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 13:38

andyman949 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
This is what happens when they don't release games often enough, people just forget how to spell your name.

Grin

~

There isn't even the eShop support to guide Wii U owners through this barren spell. At least the 3DS release schedule is picking up a bit again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 21:50

I haven't turned my Wii U or 3DS on in a fortnight or so. I seem to be in one of my slumps where I go and play something random on another format, and the lack of Rayman Legends next month is unlikely to change matters in the immediate future.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 1:58

This should be a message for Nintendo

Launch window games ending in "...man Legends" always result in disaster.

RayMAN LEGENDS on Wii U
MegaMAN LEGENDS on 3DS....
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 16:23

The news has left me very disappointed, especially in Ubisoft who couldn't resist putting the game on other platforms before giving it a chance on Wii U.

Unlike Resident Evil 4 - whose PS2 port was also announced before the GC version's release - the new delay also stings simply because the game's ready to ship (not to mention the dev team have been toiling away to get it finished in time for February, confirming the original delay wasn't to avoid Mario U).

Microsoft (and Sony) apparently have a policy that stipulates publishers release multiplatform games in the works for their systems simultaneously (and Microsoft also demands main game content parity), so I'm guessing this is what has held up Ubisoft's Wii U release.

At least they were honest enough to say the delay was for the other versions (thus almost confirming the above), I guess.

If the above theory weren't true then Ubisoft clearly lack faith in Wii U and its 3 million owners, hungry for a new big game to play on their new system to buy Legends in March, or they want to make the most of a combined marketing campaign. But I think this is foolish.

Like Epic Mickey Rayman Legends has always been a high profile exclusive that suited Wii U's audience well, was a real draw to the platform for a lot of gamers and was to be released in a relatively clear period. Opportunity missed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 18:29

I just hope this content parity thing doesn't mean the Wii U version will be stripped back over the next seven months. That would be a real disaster.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 18:45

It's a real kick in the spuds to the developers on this one. I was watching hard news on Screwattack the other day and one of the coders went on a rant in Spanish on how the team busted a gut over this one, hardly spent any time with family and friends to get it finished and then they get told it's being pushed back. Mind you, as mentioned on the show, I don't think it'll be too hard to find out the Spaniard that works for a predominantly French company...

Seriously though, I'm hoping this drought will end pronto. Even though I don't have a lot of time for gaming just now, I'm hoping that when I do have the time again, I can splurge a lot of my wage onto some shiny new games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 7:17

sporkhead wrote:
Microsoft (and Sony) apparently have a policy that stipulates publishers release multiplatform games in the works for their systems simultaneously (and Microsoft also demands main game content parity), so I'm guessing this is what has held up Ubisoft's Wii U release.

I haven't heard this reasoning before, but that would make a lot more sense. However, what about games like RE4 or NMH? They were released on Nintendo platforms first.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 14:20

Balladeer wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

I haven't heard this reasoning before, but that would make a lot more sense. However, what about games like RE4 or NMH? They were released on Nintendo platforms first.
At the time those games were both intended to be Nintendo exclusives, if I remember rightly. That might be the loophole. It's a shame Ubisoft couldn't have used it themselves...
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 23:36

ZeroJones wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

At the time those games were both intended to be Nintendo exclusives, if I remember rightly. That might be the loophole. It's a shame Ubisoft couldn't have used it themselves...

Ah yes, I should have elaborated.

The Microsoft policy I speak of only applies to Xbox 360 releases - this was done to prevent Xbox 360 versions of multiplatform games arriving gimped or late like GameCube/Xbox versions did the previous generation.

As for the likes of No More Heroes, I think it was a good two years until the game went multiplatform, so I'd imagine Microsoft/Sony wouldn't have pushed for a simultaneous release with Wii (they had no game to do so).

Another odd one is Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, but I guess Nintendo publishing that prevented releases on other platforms around the time of Wii U's launch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 22:58

I doubt it'll do any good, but it was great to see that Michel Ancel himself hasn't taken the news of the delay lying down.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 23:01

Stu_the_great wrote:
I doubt it'll do any good, but it was great to see that Michel Ancel himself hasn't taken the news of the delay lying down.
I saw that! The delay was a real slap in the face to those programmers who'd worked their derrières off to get the game finished for its release date. Happy for them to protest, as long as there're no punishments attached!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 23:05

I don't think Ancel has too much to worry about, though it seems like a futile (if highly appreciated) effort to me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2013 - 8:21

Somebody on CVG suggested that I buy the game second-hand and send a cheque for £20 to Ancel himself. It may be a tad difficult to find his address, but it's worth trying!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013 - 1:02

I'd happily do that, I do think I've had a bit of a U-turn on this though after hearing about Ancel, as Stu mentioned to me the other day, the developers shouldn't suffer so I'll probably still buy this on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:01

Yeah, I won't be cutting my nose off to spite my face on this one; but if anyone succeeds in carrying out Balladeer's suggestion, I'd certainly consider it.

My only last hope here is that no cutbacks will be made to the Wii U version. Michel Ancel would go absolutely ape-poop at the notion, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 14:46

So there's this piece of news, courtesy of NintendoLife:

Well, gosh. That's awfully generous. Or is it Ubisoft trying to win back fans? Or is it going to be the kick up the bum we need to get Wii U's out again?

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Carriage returns. You know how it is.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 17:24

It's a bit of both really, the content looks really great to me but I've seen comments on various places and some still aren't happy (what does it take?) this content could've easily been sold at a price & yet it will be free with weekly/daily updates.

Bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:29

The_Jaster wrote:
...but I've seen comments on various places and some still aren't happy (what does it take?)

The game releasing when it's ready, at a guess. i.e. now. And I'm one of that crowd. Extra content is nice, don't get me wrong, but I'm not that fussed about a multiplayer addition to a game I will mostly play solo. I am still fussed about the ridiculous delay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 20:27

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
...but I've seen comments on various places and some still aren't happy (what does it take?)

The game releasing when it's ready, at a guess. i.e. now. And I'm one of that crowd. Extra content is nice, don't get me wrong, but I'm not that fussed about a multiplayer addition to a game I will mostly play solo. I am still fussed about the ridiculous delay.

I'm annoyed about the delay too ( the game was one of reasons I got a wii U) but what's done is done & it's time to let it go, the challenge mode can be played solo too btw which is what I'll be doing.

On another note this boosts the content of the e shop.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 20:48

I think a lot of the controversy stems from the fact that the game they're showing is clearly the 360 version, (Wii U doesn't have a RT button) which suggests - either the content isn't exclusive, or it could well be delayed due to parity rules. Given that people don't trust Ubisoft, showing the 360 version now is clearly a fatal error.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 21:57

That's more than likely a place holder icon, no? Or maybe for wii U pro pad or are those called ZR too? Also it's a bit foolish to think this challenge mode will stay wii U exclusive given the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013 - 22:36

Well, this has appeased me somewhat. Even if I am still pretty gutted that we're not getting the game in two weeks' time.

I won't believe that extra content is ultimately exclusive to Wii U, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next