Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)

Go down 
+19
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
beemoh
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Silver light
wenywoowoo
Balladeer
Kezz182
Crumpy Andy
Marzy
shanks
The_Jaster
Admin
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 1:25

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 1:32

I can't help but Laughing at how camp the bass player with the bandana is, also what the guy with no instrument doing on the left side?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 17:03

Had another go at Origins today. The platforming is good, but I dislike the collectables and the way they float away, and I hate the aesthetic. This is my problem rather than the series', but on a personal level I don't think it's worth me investing further. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:01

Balladeer wrote:
Had another go at Origins today. The platforming is good, but I dislike the collectables and the way they float away, and I hate the aesthetic. This is my problem rather than the series', but on a personal level I don't think it's worth me investing further. Aww!

Once you get a feel for the levels, you'll realise that a lot of the Lums require you to be running at full clip to grab 'em. 'Tis a speedrunner's haven.

I've just played Castle Rock/Black Betty in the Legends demo again, and I still love it.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:03

I am not a speedrunner.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:06

Nor am I, though fortunately I found enough enjoyment in replaying the levels to see their designs shine through. Those time trial times were evil, in a good way.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 10:37

Stu_the_great wrote:
Those time trial times were evil, in a good way.
Word! Fists pounded in frustration became falls to the floor with joy (steady). Thanks for the perseverance, Balla!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:21

Yep, at least you gave it another go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 18:55

The level design is good, so maybe I'll give it another another go some point.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:37

Level design gets even better the further you progress. Particularly when you gain the ability to...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:16

I played this on a demo booth in GAME today while searching for KEY. I played the "Black Betty" level, and now I'm afraid I may have to get this. It helps that Viking Lass is substantially less of a pain in the backside than the limbless one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 20:16

Whoo! Kirby's Epic Yarn.

And Castle Rock is pretty sweet, isn't it? A little more time with the demo last week allowed me to further appreciate just how stunning the game looks.

I can't wait to see Wii U handling the huge swarms of airborne enemies the Vita version of the original game threw at us so effortlessly.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 9:21

This is going to be my next game, I've decided - hoping to clear some of the backlog away first, maybe get some trade-ins together...
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 17:49

Now delayed until September, made multiformat.

Pretty crappy on Ubisoft's part they've delayed the Wii U version another 7 months now for this. I'd wager it's prolly completely finished now. The multiformat move and the delay both stink of money grab...(to expand audience and to wait for a larger Wii U userbase, respectively)

Then again, it does mean i don't have to buy a Wii U to play Legends now. But now after SMT x FE happened i did actually need to buy a Wii U. Argh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:10

Fucking hell. I think we were all unanimously looking forward to this in March, and to have it pulled away from under us until (at least) September is a kick in the teeth for all of us early Wii U adopters. That it was an exclusive was cool, but that the surely-finished Wii U version is now delayed to accommodate other version just makes me angry. What a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:35

That's a fairly shite move on Ubi's part. They'll have a lot of explanations to do to angry Wii U fans, which they won't give. Makes me dread facing the CVG article comments...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:59

A double delay! Permission to call this news "upsetting".

I can find no upside for this, totally desperate as I am for another fix of Raymanity. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 20:37

Looks like they've pulled a "3DS Gabriella's Ghostly Groove" move.

I would have definitely bought this game in three weeks, but now, they've decided to go up against GTA V and possibly MarioKart. Good luck with that!

And here's a genius Miiverse image, summing up my feelings brilliantly:

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 Raymanleg
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 22:49

This was one of the reasons I wanted a Wii U, now I have a Wii U and I don't want this as much on it XD Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:04

Incredibly awful decision as far as I'm concerned, going multi-platform is fair enough but delaying the Wii U version when it was due out in 3 weeks is a joke, I was really looking forward to Rayman Legends as well but there isn't a chance I'm giving Ubisoft my money for it now. As mentioned on Twitter I'll buy it pre-owned perhaps if I really want it and it's cheap otherwise Ubisoft can do one. Think it's probably time I trade in ZombiU too, won't make much difference now I've already bought it but I've been looking for an excuse to not play it anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:17

Multi-format for a Rayman game was an inevitability at some point down the line. Knocking back a finished game on the cusp of release is nothing more than a kick in the gentleman's department for early Wii U adopters, though.

This game was the main reason I (and many others) bought a Wii U in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:31

How can the game get delayed with just 3 weeks to go? Surely it's all pressed & ready to be sold?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 23:33

September is for FIFA 14 and GTA V. Definitely wanted it, but I - like the majority of you - will hopefully have moved onto other games by the time September rolls around.

Rayman Legends can go and lick my manky ring.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 8:20

Aye ye can't really disagree with what has already been said so far, also wont this move look even more stupid when Sony/MS are set to announce their new systems?

I guess the bright side is that we have free month to get our backlogs down a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 11:16

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye ye can't really disagree with what has already been said so far, also wont this move look even more stupid when Sony/MS are set to announce their new systems?

I guess the bright side is that we have free month to get our backlogs down a bit.

Yeah and no, I suppose...I could be doing with a bit more time with Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU, but if you've planted £300 on a new console then you want a steady stream of new software. That Nintendo Direct at the end of January illustrated that the Wii U could - should? - have a bright future, but there's fuck all happening at the moment. The game I'm most looking forward to in the immediate future is F-Zero at 30p.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)   Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rayman Legends (Now Edited Definitively On Switch)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next