Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:54

I voted highly for it...

Nah, I think we're all avoiding the elephant in the room. Here's the winner, undoubtedly.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:55

What I wouldn't give for a Mario lawyer game in the same vein as Phoenix Wright. You couldn't play as Mario, of course, because he has no character.

I probably found SPM worse than you did, Buska, because I'd played TTYD, loved TTYD, and would have been quite happy with a similar game to TTYD.   SPM is far from bad, and it's a much braver and more inventive game than TTYD, but not as polished.  And the character design is... variable, shall we say.

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Dimentio   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 170px-CloudGuy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:13

Balladeer wrote:
What I wouldn't give for a Mario lawyer game in the same vein as Phoenix Wright.  You couldn't play as Mario, of course, because he has no character.
In a sort of Harvey Birdman, Phoenix Wright style? I'd be all over that. Smile 

Happily, Jay, I'd never heard of Super Mario Bros. & Friends before today.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:20

There's something really ominous going on in that doctor's office window...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:28

I hadn't either until I looked up a list of Mario games and picked the guffest sounding one.

Having said that...I shan't be forgetting it anytime soon. No 

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 UMjRLcO
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 22:00

I placed PM:TTYD in at 6th.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 0:30

This ends here! Let's-a-go!

In second place...:

And so...

In first place...:

Thanks to everyone who got involved in the voting and in the countdown. We're almost done here, but I'll add a few wee bits to the thread in the coming days, including a list of the games that received votes à la JayMoyles, and a list of those that didn't (which I found quite interesting, anyway). Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 1:00

God yes. A well-deserved first place. Loads of the games on this list were genre-defining, world-changing masterpieces and they're all fun to play. But none of them can touch the galaxy duo for sheer joy. Picking it up and playing it is orgasmic, it's like a religious experience. I would go play it right now if I didn't have to be up for work in five hours...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 1:12

Yass! It really couldn't be anything else, simply sublime stuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 1:36

Chuffed to bits Galaxy pipped 64 to the post. Smile Travesty averted!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 5:54

Glad that Galaxy won, it deserves it!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 8:01

I'm very happy with SM64 making the top two: after all the dislike in-thread (and one other reason that I shan't detail), I was worried that it wasn't going to place.  Crisis averted, however: I agree with Phillips in that for me, it's the game to beat, even now.  And it wasn't going to beat Galaxy: that thing had first place scrawled over it since the thread began.  The numbers of first places are very interesting, though...

Four of Mario's 3D platformers made the top six, and deservedly so: SM3DL didn't make the top ten.  If there's a game I'm curious about, it's that one.  If there are three, the other two would be Superstar Saga and Mario Kart 7, the two games I voted for that didn't place.  I think MK7's the best MK myself.  Yes, you heard me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 8:07

I'm just interested to see if I was the only one to vote for Super Mario Land 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 9:50

I should add: that last screenshot of Gusty Garden has been my counterargument to "games on the Wii looked rubbish" since it existed.  How people can see Galaxy and think that the Wii couldn't do pretty games astounds me.

I know I probably come off as a moaning minnie concerning SMG.  I do really like it, and placed it fifth in my list - I just don't think it's as excellent as everyone else (Mas aside) seems to, is all.  A beautiful yet flawed game, close to but not quite a masterpiece in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:20

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm just interested to see if I was the only one to vote for Super Mario Land 2.
Off the top of my head, yeah, you were. Aww! 
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:23

Galaxy didn't even make my top 10. I found it quite boring and I never got close to finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:25

What was your top ten, Cube? It seems very different to most people's.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:34

Phillips wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Off the top of my head, yeah, you were. Aww! 
Damn you all and your lack of fine taste in handheld Marios! DAMN YOU! 

I'll be interested to see just how close we were to having a Mario Strikers Charged upset.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:40

Galaxy didn't make my top 10 either cube, bit disappointed to see Mario 64 in at 2 especially seeing 6 out of 14 of us gave it Number 1. 

My Top 10 was

10. Mario Kart Double Dash Cube
9. Mario Golf N64
8. Mario Tennis N64
7. Super Mario Kart SNES
6. Super Mario World SNES
5. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Cube
4. Mario Kart 64 N64
3. Super Mario Sunshine Cube
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 NES
1. Super Mario 64 N64

Only 2 of mine didn't place.

Also no handheld marios in the top 10. Also 4 N64 3 Cube 2 Wii 1 SNES 1 NES games in the top 10 (11), so N64 is the winner.

Which leads into my vote thread which I was going to put up last night but due to 2 & 1 not going up to late, I will now being putting up the vote thread up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:55

For me, SMW is a handheld Mario, as I played it on the GBA. The two aformentioned games in my list that didn't place were also handheld games. But there's always going to be more of a feeling of "epic" from a home console game.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:58

None of the handheld Mario games are great though, they may be good but no where near brilliant, unless you count SMW's GBA remake/port
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:31

I think someone's forgetting something...

masofdas wrote:
Of course this list pointless as everyone knows Sonic is better
Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:42

Balla wrote:
Four of Mario's 3D platformers made the top six, and deservedly so: SM3DL didn't make the top ten.
C'mon give it a break its still a great game in its own right, also its not really a straight up 3D Mario either its more of a mash up that incorporates 2d aspects, I think Nintendo Gamer summed it up best:

Nintendo Gamer wrote:
The Tautness of 2D Mario games, streatched into the third dimension. What initially feels insubstantial is actually a time trialler's dream.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:42

Yep he is , but still found this vote interesting in the end.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:45

Balladeer wrote:
What was your top ten, Cube?  It seems very different to most people's.
It probably is very different:

10. Super Paper Mario
9. Mario Kart 7
8. Paper Mario
7. Mario Kart 64
6. Mario Party
5. Mario Tennis (N64)
4. Mario Golf (GBC)
3. Mario Strikers Charged Football
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
1. Super Mario 64
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next