We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 18:31

Good news everyone! I'm back, after a *checks watch* 3 and a half year absence. What have I been doing? Well, not a lot really. Started my course at DMU doing games programming - that's going well, I should get a pretty good grade by the end of the year.
Got drunk a couple times, got this close to being ripped, bought a mewtwo amiibo and am going to Cologne in August for the GDC.
Like I said, not a lot although I've missed my daily dose of online bantering though so here I am - back. Again.

So yea, happy year of pokémon/zelda/dragon quest/pikmin!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 19:07

Welcome back, Ducky! Again. Razz Glad you've had a good year. Be careful of those rippers though, nasty pieces of work.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 19:10

By DMU do you mean De Montford Uni, Nintenduck? I graduated from the University of Leicester myself.

I used to love going to Firebug - the pub that stays open until 4am, and has a load of rock bands that play now and then if you're into that thing. There's also a table with an arcade version of space invaders inside it

Hope you enjoy Leicester Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 19:43

Duckster! Your name's been cropping up in a lot of Tingle bottles in Wind Waker HD recently. Glad you're having a Wailord of a time in Leicester. I went once - it seemed quite nice. And the GDC! Wow. Shocked Let us know the goss, eh? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 19:50

I would get EofGiz to give you some tips about game development but he works with me in ASDA that I'm not sure how good they would be.

Also GDC, I imagine it's like one I went to I'm Wales but like a million times bigger and better.

That makes me want to try and go Gamescom but I say that every year & I never actually sort anything out
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 23:16

Yea De Montfort is my base of operations now, it's a great place(They have space invaders themed carpets Love ) - and close to Firebug too, where I've played D&D a couple of times. And I'm super excited for the GDC and will keep you all clued in on the who's who and what's what when I'm there.
But enough about me, how's everyone else? Healthy? Rabid?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 8:11

Bit of both, thanks for asking! And we're all (well almost all Sad ) planning to meet up in the summer, which is exciting.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 9:32

Rabid, I'm afraid. 🐰
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 16:34

I'm a generally happy guy, but you wouldn't call me healthy. So far today I've eaten a fry up and cake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 21:41

Got a message from my brother yesterday asking me to be godfather to his second daughter. Being my brother, the message began "Alright dick cheese". Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 22:28

Sounds as though I'd like your brother...
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 23:17

Dick Cheese, perfect. I'll have to use that on my brother when the opportunity arises.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 8:00

Anyone want some nightmare fuel?

Imagine you have an infestation of those spiders I posted a while back. Had no less than three of the nasty buggers turn up yesterday, and even I'm feeling a bit paranoid right now!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:47

They're not poisonous though are they? And they probably can't move that fast anyway. Nothing a good telephone directory can't fix.

(I'm normally really pro-letting spiders go safely. It's not their fault they're creepy, and most of them are pretty harmless. But if they hunt in packs, especially if they're palm-sized, I'm not going to have the patience.)

Got two bits of feedback on my novel today, and I'm not sure which I prefer more:

"*sigh* I'd JUST started to think that [character] might survive."
"Nobody smokes e-cigarettes. They vape."
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:04

Um, actually it wouldn't be a problem if they were poisonous, only if they were venomous Balladeer

And Matthew Castle at anyone trying to insist "vape" is correct in any context.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 20:04

You mean you don't try to take spiders out of the house in your mouth?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 21:29

Balladeer wrote:

"Nobody smokes e-cigarettes. They vape."

Christ. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:21

Balladeer wrote:
You mean you don't try to take spiders out of the house in your mouth?

It takes every ounce of my self control to non-lethally remove them with my hands.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:26

My technique is to get them under a mug, slide a piece of paper/card under it and take the whole lot outside. I can't kill them any more after

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 22:31

That's the technique I go for, but when one catches me unawares my natural instinct is KILL and I have to consciously repress it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 6:52

Still, good onya for repressing it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 12:57

Balladeer wrote:
They're not poisonous though are they?  And they probably can't move that fast anyway.  

Heh, hahaha, Laughing

If Sonic the hedgehog was a spider he'd be the HD Spiders I keep posting about.  At full speed these blighters can run faster than I can move my hand, they're actual blurs when they want to be!

No idea if they're poisonous, and I have no intention of finding out.  This is australia, if you're a spider in my flat you'e dying immediately.  No mercy, no compassion, just quick good Dalek fashioned extermination.  Attempts at compassion mean it might escape, and grow, and hatch babies, and reappear above my head when I'm getting ready for sleep.  None are risks I'm willing to take.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 15:17

Have you considered one of these? They ought to be sufficiently effective.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 16:59

True story: so scared of spiders was I as a child, when I fantasised about being a superhero it would be the Human Torch, because I could just light on fire and be 100% certain no spiders were on me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 17:07

As a child I wanted to be Spider-Man. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next