We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:00

Second place on my list, because I really do love this game. I was genuinely worried it wouldn't place, but I guess there's some solid support for it here. I miss Isle Delfino and its perfect hub world like no other hub world before it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:03

My sixth place.  Even if only for the sand bird, a thoroughly well-deserved placing.  Slightly unexpected, I must warrant: like Jay and Andyman, I thought it was undersold and underloved.  Hurrah for this forum doing it justice!  And yes, a great hub.

...I've got my own thoughts about the top four, but I won't say them.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:15

I've now voted for 5 out of 6 game's , looking at my top 10 and knowing you guys. I reckon I will have two more in the top 4 .

Just wondering Philips if you will show were the game's that didn't make the top 10 placed like Jay did with the DS vote.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:26

Buskalilly wrote:
He looks like he's got a grown man in those cheeks already.
Embarrassed Embarrassed RUDE!

*kicks self from forum*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:43

masofdas wrote:

Just wondering Philips if you will show were the game's that didn't make the top 10 placed like Jay did with the DS vote.
Sorry if it disappoints anyone, but I'll not be doing that. This thread took more of my time than I'd expected and hoped, to be honest. I appreciate everyone who took part, but for any questions and unresolved issues it'll purely be off-the-top-of-my-head stuff after Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:48

Jimbob wrote:

Embarrassed Embarrassed RUDE!

*kicks self from forum*
Ooooh! I've had something like that coming for a while, to be fair.

I'm glad sunshine paced. It seems like most of the people here rate it, which is great! Ones of the most underrated games ever, and it seems like this sort of exploratory Mario is dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 23:35

Dusty Knackers wrote:
That's another that didn't make my top ten, full house so far!

I'll just stick my top ten here, let me know how these get on will you?

1. Mario Superstar Baseball
2. Mario Superstar Baseball
3. Mario Superstar Baseball
4. Mario Superstar Baseball
5. Mario Superstar Baseball
6. Mario Superstar Baseball
7. Mario Superstar Baseball
8. Mario Superstar Baseball
9. Mario Superstar Baseball
10. Mario Superstar Baseball
Whilst you're mentioning this, Mario Baseball was really good, new one please Nintendo.

Last edited by treesmurf11 on Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 23:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It didn't make my top 10 mind.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2013 - 23:58

Aye sunshine was really good perhaps it should have made my top ten. Eh? 
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 1:24

It's one of them games I've been meaning to re-visit for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 1:59

Finally! One of my top ten (my number nine to be exact) makes the top ten. Super Mario Sunshine was my introduction to 3D Mario games, so it holds a place in my affections, even if it is the black sheep of the family nowadays.

Four to go then, I think we can all safely predict three out of the top four (shhh! Keep it to yourself), I'm keen to see what completes the top four. If Mario Kart Wii turns up from here on, I'm going to start adding people to my enemies list.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 2:41

We all voted for Mario Clash, right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 7:29

So far it's 3 N64 2 Cube 1 NES 1 SNES games, I think the N64 will get another game appear in the top 10. Not bad for console that sucks according to Andy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 7:49

My position on Sunshine is this. I never liked Super Mario 64 and compared, Sunshine was a breath of fresh air. It's still a beautiful game; colourful, thoughtful and vibrant (and Jay's called it when he says Isle Delfino is the best hub in a 3D Mario game). However, when Galaxy came out it blew Sunshine away for me. I didn't vote for it on that basis.

The trouble is there are far too many great Mario games out there (if you can call that 'trouble'!).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 8:05

I think my position on Sunshine is well summed up in my comment. What an amazing game!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 8:55

ZeroJones wrote:
I never liked Super Mario 64...
I don't understand how this is possible, especially if you then thought Sunshine was good (and I agree with you there).  They demonstrate the same sort of explore-y platforming that, as Buska says, seems to be sadly infrequent nowadays.  Obviously SMS was prettier, but 64 had more and more varied worlds and level furniture.

For me, SM64 not placing is the equivalent to MKWii placing for Dusty, the difference being that I'd bet the farm on the latter not happening.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 17:58

See, I'm in the same boat as Zero. I just never got on with Super Mario 64 like others did. I enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away. It just felt like another 3D platformer, albeit a solid one. In SMS's case, it felt fresh, vibrant and just damn fun. That being said, it'll likely place as it has a huge following.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:32

All rise for fourth on our list.

In fourth place...:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:34

Jimbob knows how things really are. And what do we get instead of SMG3? Super Mario Bloody 3D World. (waves flag ironically)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:48

Didn't place on my list because as great as it is, it did feel like more of the same and lacked the wow factor I felt playing the first game. Regardless, still a belter of a title - although SMG3 would need to shake things up somewhat if it existed.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:50

Happy with that one, think it was around there in my list. Cracking game that didn't shine as brightly as it should have because of the excellent first game.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:55

Just me that stuck it at the top of their list then? Pfft! I'll be even more annoyed if Mario Kart Wii turns up now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:58

Me don't understand 4th place.

Back to SM64 

See, I'm in the same boat as Zero. I just never got on with Super Mario 64 like others did. I enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away. It just felt like another 3D platformer, albeit a solid one. In SMS's case, it felt fresh, vibrant and just damn fun. That being said, it'll likely place as it has a huge following.

But SM64 was the 1st proper 3D platformer, so back when it came out it was revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 21:02

I think it's still pretty good even now. That sort of free-roaming platforming, giving us huge playgrounds in which the stars can be got in any order, has been abandoned by the series, and I'm still not sure why. It's been aped in DK64 (heh) and the like, but none of them were as good as Mario. The only real problem in this day and age is that Bowser and the Koopa Troopas look like they were dropped as babies on the mouth.

Dusty, almost everyone else thinks the original's better. I know, what can you do? (shrugs)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 21:11

masofdas wrote:
But SM64 was the 1st proper 3D platformer, so back when it came out it was revolutionary.
Yeah, and I respect that, but it's just not my cup of tea. I find it hard to stamp it with the "timeless" moniker, and I felt nothing of the enjoyment I felt playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time playing Super Mario 64.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2013 - 23:33

I guess Mario 64 doesn't have the same appeal if you come to it later on?

Anyway; Galaxy 2 waa-heeeey! What a game. I feel like playing it now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next