Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.

Go down 
+14
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
beemoh
Admin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 22:54

Cracking vote, as usual guys. I love doing these, long may they reign.
No beef with the top two, either. I love lots of N64 games, they've aged fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 22:55

Wow. This time tomorrow, I'm going to be as popular as andyman 'round these parts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:02

Yes tomorrow it will all be over I will do a double post sorry one with the final positive's and thoughts. Like the full top 22 (24 systems as there is two ties). Then the negatives which be the full list so more then 10 worst systems and your comments oh and my thoughts especially about a console someone thinks is bad which will finish with the awards/shoot outs.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:13

I really hope the N64 comes out as the worst console as well, that would make up for this travesty of a result!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:21

The right result. So many triple-A classics in such a short amount of time...it didn't get any better than the N64.

Well done, masofdas. Curious to see what happened to my other vote that wasn't featured (the PSone, which I voted second!).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:25

Yes! Thank you for your time, mas! These short polls have been every bit as enjoyable as the multi-week ones.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013 - 23:31

The N64 as a console didn't do much for me, so bit disappointed it won. Chuffed to bits the DS took 2nd place though! Beaut of a console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 1:22

Most of my top ten made it into the top ten. The only two I didn't vote for were the PS2 and SNES, and I voted for the GBA and Vita.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 3:59

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 9:09

Thanks Jas, is that Danial Bryan as a kid lol.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 9:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 9:42

Ack been away too long, again. Duh!

The top four are all grand consoles - I'm slightly sad not to see the DS win after the outpouring of love it's received over recent weeks, but I can see why the N64 took the crown (despite my tiny paragraph on it!). And I couldn't vote for the GameCube; I never owned or part-owned one, and have only experienced something like ten of its games. Shocked

A thoroughly well-conducted vote, Mr. masofdas! I look forward to seeing the overall positions of the PSOne, NES and Game Boy in particular.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 10:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ruddy commas.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 21:55

Here’s the console’s in order that received votes:
1. N64 91points, 4 1st places 12 votes
2. DS 86points, 2 1st places 13 votes (Most Voted)
3. GameCube 70points, 1 1st place  12 votes
4. Wii 66points, 1 1st place  11 votes
5. 3DS 62points, 2 1st places 11 votes
6. SNES 61points, 1 1st place 11 votes
7. Xbox 360 56points, 0 1st places 11 votes
8. Mega Drive/Genesis 45points, 0 1stplaces 8votes
9. PlayStation 3 44points, 2 1st places 7votes
10. PlayStation 2 42points, 1 1st place 7 votes
11. Game Boy Advance 37points, 0 1st places 9 votes
12. PlayStation 37points, 1 1st place 7 votes
13. Game Boy 31points, 0 1st place 6 votes
14. Dreamcast 29points, 1 1stplace 6 votes (My Number 1)
15. Wii U 17points, 0 1st place 6 votes
16. NES & Game Boy Color  17 points each, 0 1st place 3 votes each
17. Vita 11 points, 0 1st places, 3 votes
18. Xbox 9 points, 0 1st places 2 votes
19. iOS & Game Gear 4 points each, 0 1st places 1 vote each
20. Commodore Amiga 3 points, 0 1st place 3 votes
21. BBC Micro/Acorn Electron 3 points, 0 1st place 1 vote
22. Neo Geo Pocket Color 2points, 0 1st places 1 vote

This was EDGEs top 10 from their 20th anniversary issue 10th Dreamcast, Xbox, Wii, PS3, DS, Cube, N64, PS1, 360, 1st PS2

And sales wise this is the top 10, 10th NES, 360, PS3, PSP, GBA, Wii, PS1, Game Boy, PS1, DS, and 1st PS2

So what do you think of ours compared to EDGEs and actual sales also Thank You for Voting all 15 of you.

I did see 2Become and his number 1 would have been the PS1 with the SNES in at 2nd, with the rest but order unsure being Cube, Wii, 360, N64, GBA, Mega Drive, Dreamcast. So not much would have changed apart from the PS1 making the top 10 and a few others may be changing places.

Biggest shocks for me PS1 and Game Boy not being in the top 10 as they both have so many classics.

Your thought's about consoles you voted for:

Jimbob said this about the:
NES: The console that "fixed" video games, and again, Nintendo make it their job to show other people how these things are supposed to work. It's the NES that modern-day developers home in on when they need homage to the good old days.
BBC Micro/Acorn Electron: Yeah, I know, I know. But out of all the vintage computer consoles, the software library is unique enough in that it can still be relevant. Starship Command is still the best of its kind. (Why am I writing this? It won't make the top 10). And I didn't mention Repton once.
Wii U: A bit early, so therefore currently minus a few points... but we have had Pikmin 3 now.
Commodore Amiga: Like a whizzer version of the old-skool computers I had. They'd always show Amiga screenshots in adverts. Bridging a gap, very few systems had Treasure Island Dizzy and Street Fighter II.

The Cappuccino Kid said this about the:
Game Boy Advance: Great in all its incarnations, with an perfect blend of Nintendo’s best games (in Super Mario World, LttP and Pokemon Red/Green, amongst others) and most original ideas (in WarioWare, Kuru Kuru Kururin and Mario & Luigi, amongst others).
PS1: A lot of the really mainstream stuff (such as Resident Evil and Tomb Raider) didn’t particularly interest me, but the software library was so massive and of such a high quality that that didn’t really matter. Mature, fashionable, accessible and inclusive like no console before it – it was just brilliant.

Andyman949 said this about the:
Vita: This is probably more due to what a wonderful piece of hardware it is rather than the games but it is a beautiful console! I love holding my vita, it has great buttons, the analogue sticks are so much nicer than the 3DS's circle pad and the touch screen feels nice. I do love the software I have for it though. It's my favourite place to play indie games, but it is also great for its bigger titles. Uncharted was a wonderful example of how games can make the transition from console to portable well and there are other games like Muramasa that I've had a chance to play because of it. Another plus is PS1Classics and PSP games can both be played on this beautiful screen and the second analogue stick can improve the experience.
Wii U: It's not even a year old; of course it's not rating very highly. The few games I've played I have thoroughly enjoyed and I know there will be plenty more joy to come out of this console yet. My only niggle is that Miiverse does nothing for me, so hopefully they'll improve the messaging system and I can just avoid it.
Dreamcast: Nice controller and the games I've played are great. Not much more to say about it.

Balladeer said this about the:
Game Boy:
The console that started it all.  I had a massive red brick of an original that ate up batteries at a rate of knots.  It gets points for nostalgia more than anything, but in the modern day it's a better blunt instrument than a console.
Game Boy Color: Just another version of the Game Boy.  It displayed colours and used fewer batteries, however, making Pokémon that much more vibrant.  Reason enough to put it up over its predecessor.
Game Boy Advance: Kudos for Nintendo for trying to introduce four-player portable gaming to the masses, but my memories of attempting to make it work are an inconvenient jumble of cables.  Replicating SNES games perfectly was very impressive for the time, though.
Wii U: A great, great console that deserves to be higher up the list.  The controller?  Genius.  Miiverse?  More than genius.  Just a shame about the drought of games, is all; but they'll come in time.

Buskalilly said this about the:
Game Boy Advance:
Because Ruby and Sapphire never quite clicked with me the way Red, Blue, Gold and Silver did, the Game Boy Advance doesn't quite have as much nostalgic attachment for me. Quite- I still have fond memories of staying up until 3AM on school night training up a Torkoal by the light of a lamp, or struggling through various SNES games I was too young to play the first time, or my first taste of Advance Wars. Plus, it was a gorgeous piece of kit which felt great in the hand.
Wii U: If we were voting based on the machine without any games, this would win hands down. A sexy machine with a fantastic controller, the Miiverse and the Internet Browser... this is truly an integral part of my living room. And with a few more games, I think it will be my number one. But so far its best games have been a GameCube game given a new lick of paint, and a sequel to two GameCube games which looks great but doesn't do much that’s new. Beyond that you have Zombi U (great, but needs a sequel) and The Wonderful 101 (which was admittedly great, but can't carry a console alone.)
PS1: So, to my eternal shame, I was taken in by the hype. My dad gave asked me what the best console was and I said PlayStation, not N64. And it was good- Worms, Micro Machines, Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Future Cop: LAPD. But as time went on, I realised that all the games I really wanted were coming out on N64 and I had the console for the masses, not the console for me. Also, it didn't have Pokémon and Digimon World just wasn't the same.
Game Boy Color: I was desperate for a copy of Blue for my birthday. My family weren't sure it would run on my Game Boy so they got me a colour to go with it. This is when it truly started; this machine was actually portable, and paved the way for the likes of Pokémon Gold and Silver, the Oracle games, Link's Awakening and the greatest masterpiece known to man- Monkey Puncher.

Stu_the_great said this about the:
NES:
Yes, it spawned enough guff to provide an entire series' worth of material for the Angry Video Game Nerd, but even digging past the obvious classics on this console can often yield a surprisingly good game you've never heard of. Nintendo's first console saved video gaming as an industry, and that some of the classic series/characters that originated on the system are still going strong to this day speaks volumes.
Game Boy Advance: Gets a position on the list purely for the number of ports this system received. This was a hugely capable piece of kit with respectable battery life and much-appreciated backwards compatibility. If I were purely talking about the Game Boy Micro, this console would be closer to the top of my list.
Game Gear: Being unashamedly nostalgic about this one, as I'm aware that the Game Gear had a lot of flaws. Game Gear was the only way I could play Sonic on the bog (as long as I wasn't on the bog for very long). Shame SEGA didn't address the battery life of the Game Gear, as I believe Nintendo needed a bit of competition for the Game Boy.
Dreamcast: I'd argue that SEGA were the most innovative company in the gaming race during the Dreamcast days, and looking at the fond memories people have for its best games, I'd say I'm not the only one. With the Dreamcast, I always sadly wonder what could've been.
Game Boy: The handheld that pretty much defined handhelds from the moment it hit stores, and pretty much every handheld to this day. Graphical first impressions may have been lacking, but fortunately the Game Boy had its killer apps from the start (Mario and Tetris), and battery life that blew the younger Game Gear out of the water. Also: the birthplace of Pokémon.

ZeroJones said this about the:
NES:
The console that got me into gaming in the first place. A really cranky, ugly old machine in 2013 but a true box of delight back in the day.
Game Boy: The granddaddy. The number of brilliant games on the Game Boy amazes me to this day. Like the NES, a terrifyingly limited device, used so well.
Game Boy Advance: Such an impressive step up from the previous models. If I'd played more GBA games, it could have gone higher. The machine to outlast them all with its capacity for evolution.
PS1: Yes, I took a step into Sony console territory in my youth. We all experiment in our younger years, don't we? Anyway, I have fond memories of playing the Spider-Man games. And Street Fighter Alpha (2, maybe?).

So that’s the all positive things, now let’s look at the negatives then and awards/shoot outs I have for a few of you.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:02

Whoever voted for iOS needs a slap. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:03

The dishonorable mentions as it have ended up being a vote:

1. Worst Console: Virtual Boy with 26 points, 1 worst ever vote with 3 votes
 The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 Virtua10
2. PS1 22 points, 1 worst ever vote with 3 votes
3. N64 19 points, 1worst ever vote with 2 votes
4. PS2 16 points, 0 worst ever  votes with 2 votes
5. Ouya 13 points, 1 worst ever vote with 2 votes
6. CDi, Xbox, R-Zone, Game Gear 10 points, all 1 ever worst vote and 1 vote each
7. CD32, Master System 9 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote each
8. ZX Spectrum, Tiger Handhelds 8 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote each
9. Game.com, POPstation 7 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote each
10. Pokemon Mini 6 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote
11. Atari 2600, Wii 5 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote each
12. Mega Drive, Saturn 4 points, 0 worst ever vote, 1 vote each
13. 3DO 3 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote
14. GBA, PSP 2 points, 0 worst ever  vote, 1 vote each
15. Amstrad CPC, WonderSwan 1 point, 0 worst ever place, 1 vote each

This is what you guy’s said and why there bad.

Jimbob said this:
Game Gear:
Yes, I know there's a Nintendo/Sega bias - "Wow, I really love Columns; I just hope I... oh, the batteries have run out."
Master System: Yes, I know there's a Nintendo/Sega bias - again - I know, let's design the d-pad with a lump that digs into your fingers. Great.
ZX Spectrum: I had an Amstrad CPC, which was better spec. than the Spectrum, but worse than the C64. However, because the Spectrum had slightly larger user base, we used to get ports of Spectrum games - Amstrad Action coined the phrase "speccy port" - where sprites would be made of one colour.
POPstation: Does this count? See Ashens on Youtube for more info.
PS1: Became the ubiquitous games console label for n00bs and "moms", despite the fact it rendered about 12 polygons on screen at once.
Atari 2600: Things nearly didn't get better than this.
MegaDrive/Genesis: Yes, I know there's a Nintendo/Sega bias - again - but I can appreciate that there some good ideas there. Sonic was almost tempting. (Please Mr. Pengilly don't kill me)
Ouya: "You don't know what you're doing" (repeat)
Game Boy Advance: (Note this was almost on my "top systems list") Some great games, but mostly a portable SNES... and also I had a first-generation one, which meant I had to play it in the Mir space station to see what was going on.
Amstrad CPC: (Note this was, however, all most on my "top systems list") Much more powerful than my Acorn Electrion, in terms of both graphics and sound. However, at the time the Amiga, Atari ST, NES and Master System were out in force, so many games were inferior versions of console games. Having said that, the early days were very imaginative. Also, Dizzy.

JayMoyles said this:
Xbox:
Fuck this clunky brick. I only owned it briefly before selling it on, but it was a troubled time. There were next to no games I wanted to play on the thing, it was unwieldy and ugly and the controller...oh man, the controller! Now, the controller is one of the things I really look at when assessing the merits of the console, and the Xbox's controller might be the worst I've ever used. A gargantuan slab of terrible button layout and that horrid bulbous Xbox logo. How it made it to the Xbox 360 I'll never know - I'm glad it did though, to redeem the Xbox brand in my eyes after this piece of shite. A load of wank.

Andyman949 said this:
N64:
The control is awful, the graphics worse and I'm yet to see anything outside Paper Mario to make me care for this console.

Stu_the_great said this:
PlayStation 2:
This is purely preference, but I simply didn't like the 'feel' of any PS2 game I played. Something about the 3D character/environmental models conjured up for any given game just looked cold to me, and aesthetically I preferred what its superior hardware cousin the GameCube and also the Dreamcast had to offer. Plus I really hated those analogue sticks.
PS1: No sour grapes here (as such). I owned a PlayStation way before I had an N64, and making the 'leap' from my 16Bit SNES and Mega Drive, this blew my mind in a way but also made me hyper aware of how little clue developers had when it came to games in three-dimensional space. We'd just left behind (and in that point in time at least) and abandoned polished 2D games in favor of ventures new, and what an ugly mess it was for the most part. Some gems like Crash Bandicoot shone through, but right back at the beginning the PS didn't even have an analogue stick to call its.
N64: Mostly similar reasons to my PlayStation rant, but I will concede that Nintendo did at least have a couple of games I liked right from the off. Paper Mario and Lylat Wars are enduring classics, but for me Nintendo's leap from 16bits to 32bits leaves little these days to be desired. What looked amazing in 1996 now makes my eyes bleed, and I simply can't go back to games with such horrible cameras and blocky poylgons/foggy textures. Yes, Mario Kart 64 is still great (ish), but Super Mario 64 has been well beaten by Galaxy now that it seems boring, empty and slow by comparison. And Banjo-Kazooie was rubbish. I'm dead for that last rant, aren't I?

What I say: Well I said the CDi was the worst as it had no games worth playing at least the 3DO’s of this world had something to play and also the controller was basically as TV remote. My beef out of all you lot goes not to Andy or Stu but to Jay as I agree the about the original DUKE controller but its replacement the S-Type was the best in that generation (sorry GameCube),   which was improved on with the 360 & looks to be improved again with the Xbox one. But the real crazy part was the lack of games really it had the best 3rd party games thanks to online and being easy to develop for as it was basically a PC so games were superior to its PS2, Cube counter parts. Then there were the exclusive such as Halo, KOTOR this was the place for the hard core gamer or SEGA fanboys to come to with its sega exclusive’s in my case. Also things like a built in hard drive and system link ohh the fun of halo 2 16 player LAN party’s good times, far superior system to the PS2 but still not as good as the Dreamcast & GameCube of the same generation.

Also Xelviar wanted to vote for the Xbox One in dishonourables for getting rid of everything, I didn’t allow as it’s not out also not sure who’s craziest person here him for wanting the restrictions, jay or andy & stu.

That’s that just finish with a few shoot out/awards:

I’ve played too many console’s award goes to Jimbob for being the only person to send positives and negatives with some obscure choices.

I’m a Fanboy award goes to Balla for voting for 9 systems’s all Nintendo and not having a bad one, did you forget the virtual boy and pokemon mini exist.

And that’s the lot, I hope you all enjoyed and post your final thoughts.

Bring on the Wii U’s birthday vote.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:22

A crackin' final read, Mas. Thank you for painstakingly putting everyone's thoughts up there for one last time. Smile 

Though I only played a handful of Xbox games I actually enjoyed (Metal Slug 3, Alien Hominid, OutRun 2 and Jet Set Radio Future), I have to agree with Mas about the refined Controller S. It was a 100% improvement over the pile of plastic shite that was released with the feckin' thing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:23

Wow. Shocked Top marks for effort, Mas! And top predictability marks for top-voting the Dreamcast. Laughing I never owned the Virtual Boy or Pokémon Mini, so didn't comment on them. Actually, maybe I should have put in the Pokéwalker for tenth place...

Jimbob joins TCK in the "having far too much time/money to spend on gaming" club! Although Cappa does at least get most of his stuff at bargain prices.

Another great voting thread. Well done that man! Time for the next one, then? (directs sidewyas glance at ZJ)

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 37381-Damn-good-stuff-sir-gif-smOr
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:28

I'm sorry about the special guest didn't show up I tried to get Chris Scullion, Matthew Castle and Emily Rodgers but none sent me anything. If any do I will put up ohh and also
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 23:27

Buska, you're still bonkers. Laughing 

I'll stand by my Xbox assessment. Outside of Halo and KOTOR (which should be played on a PC anyway), there was nowt on the thing really. Yeah, the S-Controller was better than the original, but it still felt bulbous and bloated to me. One franchise does not a console make, and as much as I enjoy Halo, it can't save the Xbox from a dishonourable from me. I guess if you really enjoyed your SEGA stuff and were looking for your fix after the Dreamcast's demise then you'd be better served, but I've never been a huge SEGA fan anyway.

Also, to those that dishonourabled the PS1, this GIF is for you, you cruel sods.

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 Sad-sad-parappa-o
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 23:55

Xbox had more the Halo though better then the PS2 which had nothing going for it apart from ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, you know the s-type is the same size as a 360 controller which is just a bit more curvy.

Xbox Console Exclusives worth looking at:
Amped 1 & 2,
Blinx 1 & 2,
Breakdown
Brute Force
Buffy
Riddick: Escape from butcher bay
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Sea
Crimson Skies
Dead or Alive 3, Ultimate and Volleyball
Deathrow
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Dino Crisis 3
Dreamfall
Morrowind
Enclave
Fable
Forza
Fusion Frenzy
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
GunValkyrie
Halo 1 & 2
Jade Empire (Best RPG ever)
Jet Set Radio Future
Kingdom Under Fire 1 & 2
MechAssault 1 & 2
Midtown Madness 3
Night Caster 1 & 2
Ninja Gaiden & Black
Oddworld Munchs & Strangers
Otogi 1 & 2
Outrun 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Pariah
PGR 1 & 2
Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2
Scrapland
SEGA GT & 2002
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Shenmue 2 in English
KOTOR 1 & 2
Republic Commando
Stubbs the Zombie
Sudeki
Toejam & Earl 3
Topspin
Unreal Championship 1 & 2 & Awakening
Voodoo Vince
Whacked
WWE RAW 1 & 2, WM21

That's 71, that's more then the 360 I think.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 0:02

There's just little there to interest me that I couldn't get on PC. And I think saying that there's nothing else on PS2 bar the Team ICO games is totally untrue as well. Sorry Mas, as I said, there were "next to no games I wanted to play on the thing", and I stand by that. Not a console I enjoyed, hence it was a dishonourable for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 0:09

Yes most you could get on a PC, but this was a console vote and when it comes to consoles even if it is on PC. Company's still say console exclusive. I still don't know what all the fuss about the PS2 is after all these years apart from maybe Final Fantasy as the other 3 did lack in the JRPG department but they had better in pretty much ever genre. If any of you whom voted for the PS2 let me know these so called great exclusives are would be much appreciated as i voted it the 3rd worst console of all time behind CDi and CD32.

Also Xelviar voted for iOS.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 0:24

Brilliant thread Mas, thanks for the weeks entertainment!

Jumping in on the Xbox debate I have a lot of fond memories of the Xbox. It always won out over the 64 when I'd play multiplayer at my friends. I thought the control was huge but it never stopped me loving it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 1:10

masofdas wrote:
Yes most you could get on a PC, but this was a console vote and when it comes to consoles even if it is on PC. Company's still say console exclusive. I still don't know what all the fuss about the PS2 is after all these years apart from maybe Final Fantasy as the other 3 did lack in the JRPG department but they had better in pretty much ever genre. If any of you whom voted for the PS2 let me know these so called great exclusives are would be much appreciated as i voted it the 3rd worst console of all time behind CDi and CD32.
It's a console vote, aye, but I'm just saying why the Xbox's library didn't appeal much to me. I'm not knocking its objective worth as a console, I'm just saying I think it's shite.

As you've asked, the exclusives I played and loved on the console are the Jak games, the Ratchet and Clank games, Persona 4, Final Fantasy X, Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Cloud, the Devil May Cry trilogy, SSX and even though they're probably shite now, the EyeToy Play games (get some bevs and some mates, I'd imagine it'd be as good as going mental on Irn Bru playing them).

Anyway, before this devolves into GameFAQS circa 2004, good thread Mas. Gutted the Hulkster noshowed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 8:57

A few good games there that I did play on my PS2, But when I had all 4 that gen my PS2 just collected DUST as the Xbox was my main console due better controller, online, 4 player and superior 3rd party and better exclusives as a none PC gamer only place for me to play likes of Morrowind, with the GameCube & Dreamcast being used for there exclusives.

This is what I would of wrote if I sending a worst vote to someone about the PS2, Lack of Killer app, only 2 control slots where's the other 3 and N64 the console generation before it all had 4 control slots, pain to get online, tiny memory storage, awful controller can't believe Sony used it again with the PS3, mine for quite awhile was just a DVD player. Very much similar to the 360 in away both sold tons both had the most but not always best 3rd party support, also lacked 1st party but at least the 360 did some great things this generation.

Did look up see why EDGE gave PS2 Number 1 spot one reason was because of GTA, umm guy's it was also on Xbox and better you could put your own tracks into it, that's the problem I have with the PS2 it's all it's so called best games are 3rd party, Devil May Cry 3 might be exclusive but still it's not from Sony. There reason the Xbox was 9th was because of online and Shootybangbang, I do love a bit of shootybangbang.

Yes I am buying PS4 and yes I am bashing Sony, I still think there the worst out the 3 but the PS4 is the lesser of two evils this time around and there exclusive were so much better on the PS3 then the 360's 2, I want to hate you Sony I really do.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:11

Balladeer wrote:
Jimbob joins TCK in the "having far too much time/money to spend on gaming" club!  Although Cappa does at least get most of his stuff at bargain prices.
Well sorta - I just started early (hence the "time") and all my obscure computer/consoles had a truckload of games that were £2.99 at the time (hence the "money").
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next