NEWS JUST IN: Trump banned from Facebook, Twitter and GNamer.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Muss
Koopaling
Muss

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 20:21

Yeah that's a great post. Have to agree that the PS2 slim is a really cracking system. They fixed all those disc read errors and what have you and somehow made the console almost two dimensional. Absolute wizardry!

I gave mine away to a friend some time ago but I hear it's still going strong.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2020 - 21:10

Man alive, GJones, there's a cracking level of effort put in there! Thumbs Up! Also please don't @ me with your talk of skin cells in the N64's controller hollow thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Maddrell
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 9:58

@The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading a post on here as much as I did that one. 30/30 or 10/10.

Cheers Cappa! I always thought Dreamcast or N64 were my favourite growing up, but when I looked at them more objectively in retrospect, I think they are in correct positions. Not that it matters, it's just a bit of fun! I do miss that "15 years ago" PS2/DS era though. Console gaming was flourishing and handheld, perhaps moreso! It's still weird that there's no 3DS, and I still hold out hope Nintendo pops up in a Direct with "a new range of 3DS titles" and they stick all their GameCube stuff on there a la Luigi's Mansion. It would be simultaneously great and crap, but we'd buy them anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 17:45

That was such a fertile time for computer game creativity that I loved. It felt like we'd moved past graphics over graphics over graphics and saw some truly inspired and visionary stuff during that era. It felt like steps forward like the EyeToy, touchscreen controls and guitar-shaped controllers were happening every week. Fair enough, these days there's Virtual Reality, cloud gaming and on-demand gaming, but fuck that, "15 years ago" had the better games. 

I'll probably get round to doing another top ten in your style, gjones, with a focus on the system, controller and library.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 19:07

Personally games have come a long way and you can now have things like The Last of Us Part II which is of a different calibre and why I put the PS4 high due the library.

And I think we still get the creativity but it's no longer a THQ but an indie team that makes a game about a goose.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 20:23

@masofdas wrote:
And I think we still get the creativity but it's no longer a THQ but an indie team that makes a game about a goose.

I would agree with this at least. What this era feels like it really lacks is mid-budget games, or smaller/portable titles from bigger studios (like TWEWY): games that combine invention and the willingness to experiment with just a bit more clout.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 3:04

I give that a read when I'm supposed to be working later on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Giygas
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 12:49

@Balladeer wrote:
@masofdas wrote:

I would agree with this at least.  What this era feels like it really lacks is mid-budget games, or smaller/portable titles from bigger studios (like TWEWY): games that combine invention and the willingness to experiment with just a bit more clout.

I will use my Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9