Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.

Go down 
+14
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
beemoh
Admin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 0:32

Cube wrote:

I bought a new Mega Drive not so long ago, too. So many great games that have aged brilliantly.
It's a mixed bag for me. For every Comix Zone, Shadow Dancer and Castle of Illusion there's an Eternal Champions, Golden Axe and Ecco The Dolphin. Like most retro consoles, the Mega Drive has some seriously rough stuff circa 2013.

I have fond memories of a random Saturday afternoon ten years ago in Ayr, where the new computer game shop was selling a load of Mega Drive games for £1.99 each. I left the shop with Gunstar Heroes, Castlevania The New Generation, SFII Champion Edition and Virtua Racing for less than £8. Four games that made a hugely positive impression on me and probably bumped the console up in my own list.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 7:29

The SNES and the Mega Drive are closer machines in quality than I realised at the time. My Nintendo blindness pushed me one way, of course, but the Sonic games are great and there are plenty of good platformers on the MD (Pulseman is a little gem and Ristar deserves to be more celebrated, for example). If you could find me an MD RPG trio to top Secret Of Mana, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, though, well... I'd have to see if I could download them. Embarrassed

Come on, Nintendo machines! Let's be having you!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 9:14

Zero here's some RPG's to lookout for on mega drive (some might be there genesis names) not all JRPG some are more of the action rpg that might compare a bit to zelda, if you can download somewhere Beyond oasis, Shining Force's,  Phantasy Stars, Lunar's (mega cd games), shadowrun, Shinning in the darkness, Soleli, Sword of Vermilion , Warriors of the Eternal Sun, The Faery Tale Adventure, Rings of Power, Light Crusader, Beggar Prince (came out in 2006), Ys, Star Odyssey (came out 2011), legend of wukong (came out 2008), and pier solar which is coming in HD form to various systems such as the wii u (I've got the dreamcast version coming).

If anyone else is looking for quality mega drive games let me know, not all the above are top quality though but some like Soleli might even as good as link to the past.

Also know one apart from jays one guess of hulk hogan guessing whom the special guests could be if they actually get there asses in gear all 3 have said they will have something ready before saturday but don't be disappointed if none show up sorry.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 19:18

Want some more of course you do.

Number 6:

Number 5:

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 19:49

Yay, SNES! Chuffed that won the battle against Mega Drive.

I watched that video... Buska, you're mad. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 19:53

He needs to explain his thing with Norris but not yet Winky Face 

I think the SNES was always going to win over the mega drive due to the fan base here, so the mega drive to rank so high shows how good it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 19:55

No place for the forum's sixth place on my own list. It might have made my top eleven.

A surprisingly high position for the 3DS as well. Were we doing this list back six months ago I don't think it would have charted at all. Just my opinion. I stuck it in ninth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 22:53

Hoorah for the 3DS!  My third, don'tcha know.  Also, where's my comment Mas? Sad (EDIT: Oops, it is there!  Peculiarities with line breaks confused me.). Although I agree with TCK in that it's only really come into its own in recent times, but it's come into its own hard.  Innuendo intended.

Mr. Summerhayes... Who the flip is Norris?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 23:09

I'd question how high the 3DS has ranked with how new it is but hey ho I don't mind it placing. Am I the only one who finds it uncomfortable to hold though?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 23:41

andyman949 wrote:
I'd question how high the 3DS has ranked with how new it is but hey ho I don't mind it placing. Am I the only one who finds it uncomfortable to hold though?
I was never all that wild about the original 3DS - apart from it being pocket-sized ergonomically it had nothing going for it. The 3DS XL is miles better. What an upgrade that was.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 23:49

Balladeer wrote:

Mr. Summerhayes...  Who the flip is Norris?
It's someone who didn't get a 3DS. When I did. God, wheneveR I try and describe our relationship to someone who doesn't know us, it sounds like bullying! But he's a good buddy really, and we have like an ash and Gary thing going on. So whenever a new Nintendo comes out, and he can't get it because he's a lazy bum who won't get a real job, I rub it in a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 7:53

Buskalilly wrote:
...we have like an ash and Gary thing going on.
Definitely bullying. He's probably crying inside.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I was never all that wild about the original 3DS - apart from it being pocket-sized ergonomically it had nothing going for it. The 3DS XL is miles better. What an upgrade that was.
I really have not found this yet. The increased inability to put it in a pocket also annoys me. Maybe it's because I have ladyhands - small hands, long fingers.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 7:54

Pleased to see the SNES chart! Good work, old friend. For me, although the 3DS has had a good run recently - and with three or four major titles still to come, a good run in the future - it didn't make my vote because of those long periods where there was little to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 10:03

I definitely do find the XL much better but it's still not a joy to hold. My left thumb in particular gets tired very quickly with the circle pad not being particularly comfortable to use and the d-pad being in the stupidest place possible. Of course this all could be because I play it for far longer than a recommended session.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 10:14

I've certainly never had problems, but then I didn't particularly suffer from KIU or MPH. Maybe it's all the music, making my fingers more supple. Or maybe they'll all fall off at age fifty after half a lifetime of abuse.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 13:46

Tried a 2DS today, Andy very comfy so maybe you should look into getting one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 19:49

Number 4:

Number 3:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 19:58

Not too shabby! That's my fifth and first favourite consoles there. The 'Cube was a thing of greatness, it really was.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:13

Also a few things on the cube I disagree about lack of 3rd party comments it had pretty much all the bigish title's and most properly the best 3rd party support out of the n64, wii and now wiiu will have. Also balla there was plenty of shootybangbang on it better than the ps2 to play that genre on.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:17

Two top consoles there. They're the ultimate multiplayer party consoles if you ask me. My GameCube went with me to countless empties, as did the likes of Donkey Konga, Beach Spikers, Day of Reckoning and, of course, Super Monkey Ball. Some prick emptied a can of beer into my Donkey Konga 2 box, shut the case and let it swim until the morning, and another Tip-Ex'ed 'ROO IS GAY' onto the top of the GC itself, but other than that it's nothing but fond memories for me and the GameCube.

It's really disappointing to see how the Wii has been treated by many of my mates over the last five-six years, after the initial 'HOLY SMOKES' factor had worn off. Nintendo aren't dead folks; you just stopped playing. For the first year though, if I went out, usually the Wii did too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:24

masofdas wrote:
Also a few things on the cube I disagree about lack of 3rd party comments it had pretty much all the bigish title's and most properly the best 3rd party support out of the n64, wii and now wiiu will have. Also balla there was plenty of shootybangbang on it better than the ps2 to play that genre on.
Okay then - it was even better than I'd thought!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:42

JayMoyles wrote:
I'll never be as hyped for another console as I was for the Wii.  
I'd second, that actually. It was the first home machine I was in a position to buy on day one, we all knew it would change the world and it launched with a Zelda and Wii Sports.

Can't believe I'm the only person who put it first!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 21:15

Chuffed that the last two home Ninty consoles placed so highly. They made up by console gaming life for a solid 6/7 years until I succumbed to the Dark Side and bought a 360.

Also, Buska, this Norris chap might have a complex about console launches now. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 22:10

He's got a whole book's worth of complexes, and I'm hardly to blame for any of them...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013 - 22:39

Wii can't match the PS3 to me as I tired of motion controls after the initial hype and the lack of power/multiplatform games holds it back. It got a solid second from me though. Happy the cube rated so highly but I'm surprised to see it above the Wii.

Looking to the top 2 does leave me with a horrible fear of the N64 hitting there... I'd place my other bet on the DS, please smash the N64 into the ground you beautiful dual screened beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next