Wear a Shield on your Sword to prevent infections and pregnancy.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 9:21

That's the ones I was thinking of mag of the year, staff member of the year etc as there's no mag any more.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 11:05

Let Stu sort out the vote of the year stuff. He'll think of something and come through.

Buskalilly wrote:
I was thinking of suggesting a secret Santa actually, so I'm well up for that!
Looks like a Secret Santa would be a do'er. Are you happy to get it up and running? So long as we all agree on rules (i.e. budget, who can be involved etc) and deadlines (i.e. when you'd want confirmation of those involved, when you'd want gift posted out by everyone by), I think it would be quite straightforward to do. Honestly, I'd like to take part in a Secret Santa, but not have to organise it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 11:44

Hello! Wave

My plan for the Wii U 1st birthday vote thread was to open voting on November 30th, so that it would be exactly one (potential) year of playing time for people to consider their votes. The official preamble post will probably go up mid-November with at least one point to debate before the vote kicks off. I hope not to get in the way of Stu's vote of the year but might end up doing so!

Also, yes to Secret Santa.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 12:57

Secret Santa, anyone? I know its a bit early but I thought I'd open up the discussion now so we all know what's what when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:14

ZeroJones wrote:
Hello! Wave

My plan for the Wii U 1st birthday vote thread was to open voting on November 30th, so that it would be exactly one (potential) year of playing time for people to consider their votes. The official preamble post will probably go up mid-November with at least one point to debate before the vote kicks off. I hope not to get in the way of Stu's vote of the year but might end up doing so!

Also, yes to Secret Santa.
Wouldn't be any problem if we did overlap. With that in mind, did folk want it to be actually at the end of year, or for the forum's first birthday? Pretty close, but the first post made actually as GNamer Forum and not Messed-Up Cables was 15th January. That would allow Zero's thread to be well underway (depending on his format), and for everyone to get Christmas and New Year's Day out of their hair.

As for secret santa: I are in!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:19

End of Jan sounds good a lot of big sites do there's in Jan for GOTY etc
Back to top Go down
Admin
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:24

Also, there'll be Admintendo 4 scheduled for the end of the year, too; so there's lots of great stuff coming. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:27

And the inaugural podcast and the Santa. I think January would be a good shout.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 18:10

Since we did this the PS4 and Xbox One will turn 5 this year, the Wii U is dead as my love life and the Switch has been out a year. EofGiz, did recently tweet and ask are fav Nintendo systems now considering Wii U & Switch, would your Top 10 be any different now 5 years on?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 18:39

Aha, good reading this one back.

As for if anything would change for the overall vote, I can't see the N64 topping it again. I think the DS would probably take the top spot or perhaps even its younger brother the 3DS.

My top 10 would include the PS4 in the middle of the group and the Switch would in the top half easily so far - it's only going to get better, that machine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 19:19

I don't remember what my top ten was, but it probably wouldn't change much. I'm guessing that I put the N64, the PSone and the PS2 up high, and they'd stay there. I'd swap out the 360 for the Switch, probably. The Wii U wouldn't make it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 20:07

Switch would make it, and even this early on would challenge for top place. Wii U would make it more by default than anything. 🤷
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
EofGizmo
Bokoblin
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 20:36

I wasn't about for the last vote but Wii U and Vita would definitely be high in my top ten. Not sure if the Switch is yet but Octopath would probably be key to it getting in!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 20:45

I sort of know what my systems would be and what is number 1

1st Nintendo GameCube, I think I had this second last time but as time goes on the more I collect for it and look at the library it's hard to top it
2nd SEGA Dreamcast, I basically swapped 1st and 2nd around

I can think what 7 others would be but not sure on the order PS1 as it's what really got me into gaming and where most my favourite series truly started
N64 because of masterpieces like OoT & SM64
OG Xbox it was the first system I truly went online with and now with BC on Xbox One I remember how good the library is
PS3 it really did become a fantastic console and gets the nod over the 360 due to exclusives
PS4 this would be near the bottom as much like PS3 I feel it's getting really good near the end but still been great for the last 5 years
Mega Drive, my first console and some greats on it
SNES, I think I would have it near the bottom as we didn't get the great JRPG's but in 2018 that is less of an issue

For an 8th I kinda want to put a handheld in but really not sure what one as I do like the 3DS, GameBoy is the OG, PSP had some top games and I do love the Neo Geo Pocket Colour but the library is rather samey also the VITA could get a nod.

Personally, it's too early for the Switch as I feel it hasn't got enough top games and the ones I would consider top are ports from the Wii U and the Wii U's other games are slightly better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018 - 20:54

Hm...

GB
GBC
N64
GBA
Wii U
Wii
DS
Switch
Gamecube
3DS

If I take liberties a bit and treat the Game Boy and its colourful cousin separately, I have a top ten at last! Grin Order very much subject to change.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.    The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Console & Handheld Vote Thread! Top 22 Best and Worst are up.
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8