We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:49

The_Jaster wrote:

Dragonball fighterZ - Not sure I'd say I'm at excitement levels quite yet for this but when I tried the beta over the weekend with Jay this really surprised me (especially since I've never watched the anime) by how polished a fighting game it is so I'm definitely intrigued by it.

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 2:59

The two games I'm probably most excited for at the moment are Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption 2, I won't be selling my Switch however (I did sell my Wii U today though in related news).

I think I'm in the mood for a good single player game I can get really stuck in to and I feel like those two will fit the mode perfectly. The Pokemon and Smash hype haven't set in for me yet but I feel like closer the time I'll be itching to get hold of them.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 16:57

You pick up God of War, Smurf? As it's maybe going to be the pinnacle of single-player action games this gen but if anything can take that crown it is RDR2 from that trailer.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 18:51

I'm very excited about THQ Nordic owning the rights to Timesplitters!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/15/17692384/thq-nordic-timesplitters-crytek

Also FIFA 19 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy in the short-term, and Smash, Pokemon Let's Go and Team Sonic Racing later in the year. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:00

I saw that, but... it's THQ. Let's not forget that. I'd be up for a Switch game in the vein of Second Sight, which also got picked up, but we know it'd be buggy and broken. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:32

Hopefully Koch Media and Deep SIlver handheld it and not at the top level of THQ as the PR I got didn't even mention them, that I see it a lot like Atlus buying something then SEGA even though SEGA own Atlus.

I feel you're referring to a Switch game more than likely from THQ but I can't think what, Battlechasers?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:37

More the recent wrestling game they put out that fell over if you breathed at it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm very excited about THQ Nordic owning the rights to Timesplitters!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/15/17692384/thq-nordic-timesplitters-crytek

Also FIFA 19 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy in the short-term, and Smash, Pokemon Let's Go and Team Sonic Racing later in the year. Thumbs Up!

Yass! It's definitely time for another Timesplitters.

Balladeer wrote:
I saw that, but... it's THQ.  Let's not forget that.  I'd be up for a Switch game in the vein of Second Sight, which also got picked up, but we know it'd be buggy and broken. Aww!

Eh? What's wrong with THQ?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:40

Different peeps Balla that was 2K who are owned by Take Two.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:43

Aaaaaaaah. In which case I don't know what to think, have they done anything recently?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:44

All I think of is Battle Chaser and This is the Police, they don't much themselves but they have studios that are do things like Darksiders 3, Metro Exodus.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 22:16

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Spyro Reignited Trilogy in the short-term

Yeah, I'm actually getting excited for this too. Spyro 2 was one of the games of my childhood and I really enjoyed revisiting a few years back. I'm down for doing it again with a fresh lick of paint this time too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:02

You can make that one a slightly longer short term with a delay till November.

Also, Switch news my mate isn't having now as much like me and did wonder it when he said he wanted it that their's not much he wants to play on it. Meaning I still have the system, I could eBay it and get the £250 for it and none really have convinced me otherwise but do I need the money no, can it sit there and collect dust till Pokemon yeah the Wii U had months like that for 4 years.

At the moment it's staying, most of the games bar three on eBay (Mario+Rabbids, Xeno 2, Lost Child) have gone and I was keeping even if I sold my Switch BotW and Hyrule, and I think that's how I'm going to treat the Switch from now on, buy game for it, play and enjoy it, trade it in.

Sure if we get a Fire Emblem edition system and it's something I would like and used Switches are now worth £200 at the time, then maybe I should have sold now for the £250 and pick up Pokemon alongside that FE edition system but these are things we don't know and can't predict.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:49

masofdas wrote:
I think that's how I'm going to treat the Switch from now on, buy game for it, play and enjoy it, trade it in.

I've been doing this with both my ps4 and Switch for the last few months and it's honestly the best thing to do.

As I was tired of picking up games and them being left on my shelf unplayed, there will still be games I'll keep though either because I'll likely want to replay them or the ones I'm attached to and know I'd regret selling/trading.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 9:56

I just like having a shelf full of games! Make no mistake, there are some I’ll trade in, but most I like having sit proudly on display. Should probably get rid of Spla2n though, there’s no way I’m going to make any progress on that.

Why have you opted to keep those games Mas? Purely out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 10:02

Balladeer wrote:
I just like having a shelf full of games!  Make no mistake, there are some I’ll trade in, but most I like having sit proudly on display.  Should probably get rid of Spla2n though, there’s no way I’m going to make any progress on that.

Why have you opted to keep those games Mas?  Purely out of curiosity.

My shelves are jam packed tbh but that's because haven't been bothered to remove a bunch of ds/wii/ps3 and wii U games. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 10:02

Yeah, it's a good point Jas and I have done this with the PS4 recently soon as I beat God of War I put it on eBay and do have some more that I really should get rid of especially on Xbox One as likes of ReCore are on games pass.

I do like have a gaming collection (look at my Dreamcast, Cube, Zelda and now VITA ones) and why I've kept BotW & Hyrule, Balla as I've got a 40+ Zelda game collection that's the only real reason.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 15:13

Honestly the Spyro trilogy, or rather Activision, can go suck a diseased spleen after the crap they're pulling with the trilogy. Nothing short of them changing their current release plans and including all three games on-disc will get me to purchase the game.

They had one job. But no, lets just only have the first (and worst) game of the trilogy on the disc and release the other two as digital patches on day one. Because people don't buy physical editions to have the game on the disc, nope!

The game went from the biggest day one purchase of the year to a flat out nope as soon as they announced that crap.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 17:57

masofdas wrote:

Also, Switch news my mate isn't having now as much like me and did wonder it when he said he wanted it that their's not much he wants to play on it. Meaning I still have the system, I could eBay it and get the £250 for it and none really have convinced me otherwise but do I need the money no, can it sit there and collect dust till Pokemon yeah the Wii U had months like that for 4 years.

At the moment it's staying, most of the games bar three on eBay (Mario+Rabbids, Xeno 2, Lost Child) have gone and I was keeping even if I sold my Switch BotW and Hyrule, and I think that's how I'm going to treat the Switch from now on, buy game for it, play and enjoy it, trade it in.

Sure if we get a Fire Emblem edition system and it's something I would like and used Switches are now worth £200 at the time, then maybe I should have sold now for the £250 and pick up Pokemon alongside that FE edition system but these are things we don't know and can't predict.

You're going through what I did with the Wii-U - after 18 months I sold it. Did the same with the 3DS. The Switch will likely hold its value, particularly with Pokemon imminent.

On a related note, I am starting to regret going digital with my PS4, as if I'm short of cash I can't trade games in. Plus, the frequent sales on PSN aren't great for the bank balance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 21:21

Athrun888 wrote:
Honestly the Spyro trilogy, or rather Activision, can go suck a diseased spleen after the crap they're pulling with the trilogy.  Nothing short of them changing their current release plans and including all three games on-disc will get me to purchase the game.  

They had one job.  But no, lets just only have the first (and worst) game of the trilogy on the disc and release the other two as digital patches on day one.  Because people don't buy physical editions to have the game on the disc, nope!  

The game went from the biggest day one purchase of the year to a flat out nope as soon as they announced that crap.  

They're doing that?! I mean, I know the Spyro games are bigger in concept than Crash, but I was expecting a very similar package to the Crash remasters. Coupled with the delay, that's a wee bit disappointing. Aww!

Still excited for it, though. Thumbs Up!

I should trade in a few Switch games I've picked up too - Splatoon 2 is the most likely candidate once I've gone back and rinsed the story mode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 13:03

That really does take the urine a bit. I don't like patching in most of the game at the best of times, but that is top cheekiness. Who's the publisher, out of interest?

...ah.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 18:39

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

You're going through what I did with the Wii-U - after 18 months I sold it. Did the same with the 3DS. The Switch will likely hold its value, particularly with Pokemon imminent.

On a related note, I am starting to regret going digital with my PS4, as if I'm short of cash I can't trade games in. Plus, the frequent sales on PSN aren't great for the bank balance.

I'm famous for my many Xbox One's basically got one at launch, played Titanfall, everyone else was on PS4, 3rd party ran better on PS4, that the Xbox One didn't get played then a big game would come out and I'd want to play it, buy a console, then flog it back on, it wasn't till Forza Horizon 3 and the One S I stopped doing that only really due to the 4K drive. Now with a One X which I got for like £250 cash, the 3rd party games are now better on Xbox also things like Game Pass, I'm going back to the sort of B-Tier exclusives I missed by sort of not being on Xbox ecosystem for 5 years has given me loads to play now.

It is like getting a Wii U now, which you did recently, it has so many quality games that sure from day one to switch launch wasn't great but looking back was.

On digital PSN sales are great but not sure I'd want to buy too many £50 retail games digitally but I'm sort of doing that soon with a mate on Xbox One with game share, meaning we're buying like of Shadow of the Tomb Raider from XBL for £55 but going halves.

On Spyro, some are saying it's a Sony thing as you can't have multiple games on a disc and from just getting Shenmue HD seems Shenmue II is a download but not sure for the likes of the Mega Drive collection with 50 games on it and this happens a lot on Switch look at Mega Man from Capcom.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 21:57

masofdas wrote:

On Spyro, some are saying it's a Sony thing as you can't have multiple games on a disc and from just getting Shenmue HD seems Shenmue II is a download but not sure for the likes of the Mega Drive collection with 50 games on it and this happens a lot on Switch look at Mega Man from Capcom.

We had Crash just last year - that's nonsense from Sony!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:38

It's what I've seen but you're right about Crash and I can think of others like it such as FFX & X-2 but Shenmue isn't like that it's a download for Number 2 and you decide what game installs first.

Maybe it's something to make PSN number better or something or it is just Activision and at the moment Sony are the whipping boys.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:34

It's yet another nail in the coffin for me picking up a Playstation when the next generation properly launches.

As for excitement about games, against all odds I'm finding myself growing ever more excited for MHGU launching next week. I think it's thanks to gaijinhunter on YouTube putting out daily weapon tutorials which has got my mind racing about different builds I'd like to try out. Plus, it seems as though I'll have more folks than I'd imagined to play with, what with my brother going to get it, most of the Mash lads and even Zero chimed in on Twitter saying he's likely to pick it up. It should be a fun ol' time. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next