We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:46

Then Atlus announce Persona 6 for PS5 and you're posting in here your excitement.

I think next gen the PS5 will be much like the PS3 (Xbox Scarlet will very much be like the 360), in terms of it having issues mainly on Sony's part but the games will be there and that's the big thing to me, like even my posts about the Switch, my issues weren't the hardware or online or anything like that but the games and sure keeping the Switch I'll get TWEWY on it along with Pokemon and likely Diablo but not overly exciting.  

Also like I say this might not be Sony as it is SEGA with Shenmue and Activision, not the best pair and with the Sony arrogance people are pointing the finger at them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 18:31

Jay wrote:

It's yet another nail in the coffin for me picking up a Playstation when the next generation properly launches.

As for excitement about games, against all odds I'm finding myself growing ever more excited for MHGU launching next week. I think it's thanks to gaijinhunter on YouTube putting out daily weapon tutorials which has got my mind racing about different builds I'd like to try out. Plus, it seems as though I'll have more folks than I'd imagined to play with, what with my brother going to get it, most of the Mash lads and even Zero chimed in on Twitter saying he's likely to pick it up. It should be a fun ol' time. Grin

YEAAAAAAAH BOI!!!!!

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 Mmmmmmmonstermash+_0cf8c3804e008c8bd1ec690385626680
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 0:18

masofdas wrote:
You pick up God of War, Smurf? As it's maybe going to be the pinnacle of single-player action games this gen but if anything can take that crown it is RDR2 from that trailer.
I did and I didn't give it much of a chance, it wasn't clicking with me at the time and I think something else grabbed my attention so cashed in on it whilst I could. Will no doubt pick it up again when there's nothing new and shiny to distract me.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:35

With the eShop like it is? Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:47

Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:
You pick up God of War, Smurf? As it's maybe going to be the pinnacle of single-player action games this gen but if anything can take that crown it is RDR2 from that trailer.
I did and I didn't give it much of a chance, it wasn't clicking with me at the time and I think something else grabbed my attention so cashed in on it whilst I could. Will no doubt pick it up again when there's nothing new and shiny to distract me.

Sent from Topic'it App

Did/Do you like the new Tomb Raiders as it's really close to them but with more story and punching dudes, if you didn't like them then I can sort of see why it didn't click.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 21:43

Not played them either. I think I stuck it on the hardest difficulty and just give up rather than turning it down and enjoying the game, a bit silly really but I'll give it another shot I'm sure.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:02

I recently finished Donut County which was the 39th game I've finished this year and Shenmue II will likely be number 40, this year I've taken part in Retro Collect's 52 Game Challenge and at the moment I'd need to beat 14 more games (yet to beat Shenmue II and they won't count Florence as it's on mobile) that I was thinking what those would actually be and there is a good few to be excited about from the rest of the year.

7th Sep
Marvel's Spider-Man PS4. Out soon and could be GOTY contender.

14th Sep
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox One. This will be the first game me and a mate go halves on with game share, I'm not keen to pay £55 for a digital game but getting a code from CD Keys and going halves does bring it down to £25 each  

2nd Oct
Forza Horizon 4 Xbox One. This should look amazing on the One X but not if you can finish it seeing it has all the season stuff also it's on Game Pass which mine doesn't run out till mid-November, so it will cost nothing.

5th Oct
Assassin's Creed Odyessy Xbox One. Like SotTR, I'll be going halves on this one but even if I wasn't I'm really keen for this which might be a shock but I like the setting but I say that often with AC, the fact I can play as Kassandra and it's now an Action RPG.

12th Oct
The World Ends With You Switch. A bit of a cult classic and really liked on here but I do want to see reviews first as it seems it's going to be basically handheld only.

16th
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Switch. Much like TWEWY, I want to see reviews first but would be the Switch version because of Star Fox content.

19th Oct
Soul Calibur VI Undecided. I don't know about this one as it looks good but if we're getting DBZ on Switch this month, do I want this and that really picks the system as if Jay, Andy is getting it be on PS4 but if no one I know is getting then it be Xbox One if I were to get.

LEGO DC Super-Villains Xbox One. I've not played a LEGO game for ages but I really fancy playing one and I do like DC's Villains especially if it's leaning on The Joker.

26th Oct
Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox One. The biggest game of the year and it's looks so good also it be another one I'll be going halves on (not sure if that will be the case for LEGO as well as he has kids).

2nd Nov
Football Manager 2019 PC. I didn't buy last years and I'm still playing FM17 now, just not sure I want to spend £35 on a PC game also can you beat it?

16th Nov
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee Switch. It's Pokemon on Switch and I can start with Eevee not much else to say.

20th Nov
Battlefield V Xbox One. I think the delay is great from October as not a lot is coming out in November and I'm more likely to play this now also if my mate likes the look seeing he has EA Access it be like £20 each.

27th Nov
Darksiders III Xbox One. I've not really played either of the others but does look decent.  

4th Dec
Persona Endless Night PS4. This is the two dancing games based on P3 and P5 in one collection, now I loved P4 DAN on VITA and P5 is in my Top 25 games of all-time, so this should be good but I'm not too familiar with P3.

18th Dec
The Walking Dead: The Final Season PS4. This is when the last of the four episodes come out and when I will play it and why I'm playing on PS4 is my story will move over from the very first season.

That's really all the retail games with dates but there is of course indies like Untitled Goose Game, stuff to get dated still like Team Sonic Racing and will all of Life is Strange Season 2 be this year but like TWD I won't pick up till it's all out.

Also, October looks insane and gives me a big game a week and the lack of stuff in November will let me catch up as I reckon RDR2 will be 30hrs or something close.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 17:12

Me and my brother have been hyping ourselves up for SCVI, so I suspect I'll be getting on board with that at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Sep 2018 - 18:08

The last thing I've heard about SCVI was Jim Sterling talking about how Namco hacked it up into itty bitty little pieces for DLC dollahs. I think Switch-only gamers are well out of that one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 10:53

You are correct Balla, now it's not great but it's a fighter and DLC fighters, makes sense but announcing DLC fighters before announcing all the fighters that will be part of the roster day one isn't the best.

Which does add to the possibility of not getting it because it's coming out during a busy month of the year, and it might have a small character roster but if Jay and Bro get, the GamePlay is great and if the story mode is worth playing.

Then I will pick it up.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Sep 2018 - 23:36

Balladeer wrote:
The last thing I've heard about SCVI was Jim Sterling talking about how Namco hacked it up into itty bitty little pieces for DLC dollahs.  I think Switch-only gamers are well out of that one.

Aye, day one DLC is a nasty look no matter what way you twist it. DAMN YOU!

I don't mind the season pass culture pervading into fighting games though - fighting games have historically had what would essentially count as an expansion with your "super" versions of the base game, so they might as well forgo a full rerelease in lieu of having a character season pass. That's fine so long as the game has a substantial starting roster to begin with. In recent memory, MVC:I and SFV were a bit too sparse with their initial rosters and rightly faced backlash because of it. I'm hoping SCVI is more like Tekken 7 or Smash than the former pair of miscreants.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 16:45

As it's November and I've started seeing peeps on twitter posting about games they're excited about in 2019, I thought I'd give this thread some love plus I'm excited for more then Twitter would allow.

Jan

11th Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition for Xbox One, the best Tales game which no one played as it was stuck on the 360

15th Onimusha: Warlords for Xbox One, I think its £16 which is a decent price to have this on a modern console

18th Travis Strikes Again for Switch, it's from Suda

25th Resident Evil 2 for Xbox One, This should be awesome

29th Kingdom Hearts III for PS4, The day after my birthday for this finally (I bought a PS3 for this game)

Feb

15th Dead or Alive 6 / Jump Force on ???, Now I do like a fighting game and I've been a fan of DOA since 2 on the Dreamcast but Jump Force looks really good and not sure where I'd buy as that depends on who gets etc

22nd
Anthem for Xbox One, I know my Game Share bud is keen for this meaning I'll likely have it and maybe it will be good
Crackdown 3 for Xbox One, I wouldn't buy this but as it's on Game Pass I will give it a go and it might be fun
Metro Exodus for Xbox One, looks pretty decent to me but can see it getting delayed
Phoenix Wright Trilogy for Switch, Never really played them meaning this is great for likes of me this port

March

5th Left Alive for PS4, If I showed you all the box art and the collectors edition without the logo you'd all think this is a Metal Gear game

8th Devil May Cry V for Xbox One, Capcom could have a great Q1

22nd Sekiro for Xbox One, I like the look of it but I also like the look of Bloodborne, now I know this is very different but it might not click ether

April

26th Days Gone for PS4, Bend have been working on this f'in ages and I'm glad it moved from Feb 22nd but can see it being just okay in a post-GoW, HZD, Spider-Man world

May

21st Team Sonic Racing for ???, I think I might get this on Switch as it feels right for it, what I'm hoping for is the delay helps it after muh hands-on previews

Aug

27th Shenmue III for PS4, My gut is telling me this is going to be awful

Those are the dated one but they're so many more like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Catherine, Gears 5, Sea of Solitude and stuff without a year which might be 2019 such as The Last of Us Part II
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 20:46

The only thing I can think of that I'm hyped for that I know is coming in 2019 is Daemon x Machina. Oh, and Piranha Plant.

That's the Nintendo way though, isn't it? Cards ever close to the chest. Can't wait to see what they've got lined up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:02

Hmm it might just be but I thought we knew or pretty much know everything Nintendo has in 2019, just don't know when Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Pokémon will be
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:49

Do we? I'm with Balla on this one as Nintendo never show their full hand.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:51

masofdas wrote:

Phoenix Wright Trilogy for Switch, Never really played them meaning this is great for likes of me this port

Devil May Cry V for Xbox One, Capcom could have a great Q1

Ah, looking forward to you playing the Ace Attorney games! Have you played a visual novel style game before?

Also, you might want to consider getting DMCV on PS4 instead. It's meant to have some pretty substantial co-op stuff in it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:58

Sure they don't show there full hand but you look up what's announced and it's a decent amount of games, like one a month, if spread out.

I have dabbled in the visual novel genre before but mainly dating based.

Hmm I did see a CO-OP mode was rumoured for DMCV, but I think I'll still get it on Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Nov 2018 - 21:21

Oh wait, Luigi's Mansion 3! Aye I'm hyped for that. Grin
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 12:27

I'm actually pretty hyped for Fallout 76 now. Whole new map to explore and build bases across wherever I like!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018 - 19:03

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm pretty hyped for A Hat in Time on top of those two I mentioned above!

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I'm actually pretty hyped for Fallout 76 now. Whole new map to explore and build bases across wherever I like!

I'd ask, 'How did that work out for you?' only I know you actually properly enjoyed it! I suppose someone had to...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyWed 19 Dec 2018 - 19:09

I actually soer of won a digital version of Fallout 76, not played it mind as I don't really Bethesda developed games at the best of times.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2018 - 10:11

Baubleadeer wrote:
As mentioned elsewhere, I'm pretty hyped for A Hat in Time on top of those two I mentioned above!

OrangeRakoon wrote:

I'd ask, 'How did that work out for you?' only I know you actually properly enjoyed it! I suppose someone had to...

Still playing it, it's very early days! I think I play these games pretty glacially compared to everyone else because I am compelled to explore everywhere, and then spend half my time just building

And yes I'm really enjoying it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 20:04

2019 post direct update from me

March
Skipping March as game release thread will be going up on the 24th and I'll talk about the games then

April
Mortal Kombat 11 Xbox One, my favourite fighting game series and the story mode in the last two + injustice have been worth it without multiplayer for me

June
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled PS4, THE best kart racer is coming back Woah!

July
Fire Emblem Three Houses Switch, should be a banger

August
Astral Chain Switch, it's from Platinum meaning I'm always going to give it a go

September
Catherine Full Body PS4, Where's my VITA version Atlus DAMN YOU!

That's actually it for ones that are a day one buy with actual dates beyond vague summer or Q2 or whatever publishers like to use
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 12:03

From my side, the Direct and demo. cooled me a little on DXM. I'm still up for it, but I wouldn't say I'm hyped any more. It'll still likely be a daywunner when it arrives though. Exactly the opposite happened with Yoshi's Crafted World, which made me burst out into smiles from the demo. I'm very much up for that!

Otherwise, it's still Luigi's Mansion 3, and Dragon Quest XI looked incredible so that's lit some moderate hype thrusters. Oh and Piranha Plant lived up to the hype. Grin So: still three things, just a different three things.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 12:16

I am beyond hyped for Link's Awakening which is painful because it is so far away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next