We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 12:27

Since my post I'm mixed on Catherine after hearing stuff about it in the Japanese version. Some of it has been proved to be fake but what now is being talked about is still not great on how a character is treated.

Now English version which includes Troy Baker coming back for VO, could have a very different translation but still going to know that's not was intended.

The original I really enjoyed (it's top 25 calibre) and with new content, HD'd, new trophies and endings in full body, is why I was/am excited for this new version but hard to support the possible content within this version and this isn't like Konami are dicks why I don't buy there games, this is possibly a human rights issues.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 12:31

masofdas wrote:
...this is possibly a human rights issues.

Shocked What are they saying about it?

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I am beyond hyped for Link's Awakening which is painful because it is so far away

surely not
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:27

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:
...this is possibly a human rights issues.

Shocked What are they saying about it?

I've not played Catherine, but this goes over some of the issues. Basically, the game is really bad in how it handles a trans character. Like, really bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:43

Yikes. Good man, Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 22:06

Edit

Seen the new ending in question now, I don't think it's that bad and makes sense sort off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 19:58

Pre-E3 Edition

Switch
July Fire Emblem Three Houses, Basically why I've been keeping the Switch
Aug Astral Chain, It's a Platinum game that it surely has to be good
Fall Pokemon Sword and Shield, I doubt it will reinvent the wheel or anything but will be fun enough

Xbox One
July Sea of Solitude, That cool not an indie indie from EA shown at E3 last year
Aug Dark Pictures: Man of Medan, Basically the sequel to Until Dawn
Control, Like above but for Quantum Break

PS4
Sep Catherine: Full Body, Like my post before this says one of the endings isn't as bad as made out to be plus translations could still be different etc
Nov Death Stranding, This could be my GOTY
Fall Concrete Genie, Should be a fun budget-like exclusive we get from PlayStation amongst the Death Strandings of this world

Anything else I'm looking forward to is vague 2019
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 17:28

Balladeer wrote:
Yikes.  Good man, Mas.

masofdas wrote:
Edit

Seen the new ending in question now, I don't think it's that bad and makes sense sort off.

Shifty

Anyway I remain not really that hyped for anything, but that'll change as we near release dates/E3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 19:14

Post-E3 Edition

Switch

JulyFire Emblem Three Houses, Basically why I've been keeping the Switch
Aug Astral Chain, It's a Platinum game that it surely has to be good
Sep The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Nov Pokemon Sword and Shield, I doubt it will reinvent the wheel or anything but will be fun enough
2019 Luigi's Mansion 3, Has to be October right?
March Animal Crossing, Should be fun

Xbox One
July Sea of Solitude, That cool not an indie indie from EA shown at E3 last year
Aug Dark Pictures: Man of Medan, Basically the sequel to Until Dawn
Control, Like above but for Quantum Break
Sep Gears 5, Looking great and as I have Game Pass Ultimate I get a few days early
Oct The Outer Worlds, It's going to be on Game Pass which is great that even still coming PS4 that Xbox owners benefit from being part of XGS
Feb Gods & Monsters*, I got Kid Icarus vibes from this
Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Why did you have to be delayed
March Watch Dogs Legion*, Looked way better then I thought it would
April Cyberpunk 2077, Going to be huge and maybe a great swansong for PS4 and Xbox One
Holiday 2020 Halo Infinite, What a game to have as a launch game for Scarlett

PS4
Sep Catherine: Full Body, Like my post before this says one of the endings isn't as bad as made out to be plus translations could still be different etc
Nov Death Stranding, This could be my GOTY
Fall Concrete Genie, Should be a fun budget-like exclusive we get from PlayStation amongst the Death Strandings of this world
March Final Fantasy VIII Remake, Looks so good

*I might play via Stadia

I've tried to stick to games with dates but some are just too exciting not to talk about
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:54

Plenty to look forward to now!

• Cyberpunk 2077: Now with 100% more Keanu. I'm hyped.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake: The battle system looked so good! I don't know how they're going to pull off the entire world though if they've only just finished with Midgar.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion: A similar note of "how are they going to pull this off", but WD2 was great fun and if Ubi does managed to deliver on their promises then WD:L should be something special
  • Luigi's Mansion 3: Looked great! Big sprawling open hotel to explore - yes please.
  • BotW 2 (?): Not for a wee while at least, this one, but I just know it'll be excellent.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:38

I'm dead hyped for E3 2020. Only 360 days to go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:42

E3 2020 should be good as a lot of games we saw this week is first half of 2020.

Which makes me think with Scarlett and PS5 coming, going to be a lot of stuff looking to launch on them and focused moved to next gen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:14

I mean, I was joking, but yeah, sure, you do you . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:15

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm dead hyped for E3 2020. Only 360 days to go!

Laughing

That reminds me, I actually caught a cool twitch stream this morning where a group of guys who didn't watch anything live done an e3 catch up show using this site: https://2019.e3recap.com/

It was such a fun watch to not only see them rip apart stuff that maybe deserved it but also get excited/surprised about certain games, I think apart from Nintendo (natch) it's the way I'm going to follow e3 from now on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:28

Following Nintendo only is the best way to consume E3. I'm more convinced of this than ever.

WORLD PREMIERE

That said, E3 got my hyped for Luigi's Mansion 3 all over again, so there's that. Nothing else is near enough or magic enough to have the same effect, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:38

You say that Balla but even at 2am was on twitter chatting about Final Fantasy VII Remake and still feel part of it all, even if some of it can be dull in-between.

I also don't think it helps that it's a translational year for games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:40

I'm pretty much with Balla. I went multi-format when the Wii U was a ghost town, but now . . . I don't feel the need to play anything other than Switch for a long ol' time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:58

Different strokes for different folks but I would miss so many great games being single format and it's all about the game and how you play it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:13

I would miss so much time being multi-format. That's my constraint really.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 0:26

I'm going to add Astral Chain to my list after watching the Treehouse coverage on it. That game looks way more involved than I expected and I'm genuinely impressed by it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 2:31

masofdas wrote:
Different strokes for different folks but I would miss so many great games being single format and it's all about the game and how you play it.

Yeah, I understand that to an extent. Monster Hunter World alone does tempt me a little. But I think I've consciously made a sort of decision that I only want to be a Nintendo guy at the moment, and its helping dampen those feelings. Its all about control, and how you take it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 9:42

Why I sort hope in some way all these services do take off as I've often compared games to film and other mediums as then if you want the Nintendo system but want to play Monster Hunter World you can. In the same way, if I want to watch One Punch Man Season 2, I need to get Crunchyroll sub.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 2:34

Drunkalilly wrote:

Yeah, I understand that to an extent. Monster Hunter World alone does tempt me a little. But I think I've consciously made a sort of decision that I only want to be a Nintendo guy at the moment, and its helping dampen those feelings. Its all about control, and how you take it.

I think there's been no better time to be a Nintendo only gamer. There's so much coming out and lots of ports heading Switchwards too. I mean, from now until next year, there's big games nearly every month up to New Horizons, and considering how much Tom Nook lends out, that'll be getting played for ages. It's all about your debt and if you can pay it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 4:30

masofdas wrote:
Why I sort hope in some way all these services do take off as I've often compared games to film and other mediums as then if you want the Nintendo system but want to play Monster Hunter World you can. In the same way, if I want to watch One Punch Man Season 2, I need to get Crunchyroll sub.  

I'm the opposite! I really hate this subscription-based, streaming future companies are so keen to push us towards. Even when it was just Netflix, the choice was so crazy I spent more time scrolling than I did watching. Now that everyone and their mum wants their own version, there's no way I'll see everything. I like buying a game because once I slap down the notes, I feel the urge to sit down and play it in a way I just don't when it's part of a big subscription. Plus, with the amount of different services I'll need to have, I won't even be saving money. Instead of paying big upfront feees for what I want, I'm being steadily bled for things I don't even want.

The empire, long united, must divide - long divided, must unite.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 8:51

Surprised thought you'd be pro consumer with everyone able to access everything no matter what they game on.

Also more cross-play and cross-save needs to happen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 9:23

Streaming is never going to work as well as a console, and a subscription model doesn't give you any purchasing power to vote with your wallet. None of this is pro-consumer, nobody asked for this: media companies are trying to force it down our throats because it allows them to monopolise our content and rinse us for more cash regardless of the quality of their output.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next