We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2020 - 19:59

If by 'the new Sam & Max' you mean the remaster of Save the World, it's so non-VR exclusive that it's on Switch, where I'm enjoying it currently.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Jan 2021 - 12:39

I'm not sure if this fits in this thread, but I've been playing a lot of Yakuza 0 lately. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite games I've ever played and I regret not starting the series sooner. But I'm really excited about having six more Yakuza games to play (plus the spin-offs like Judgment and Like a Dragon). Has anyone ever tried a series from the start and then thought "Oh hell yeah, there's another 300 hours of this!"?

The prospect of a Yakuza title on PS5/Series X is exciting too. It's funny because for years I was hyped about Shenmue III, yet I've lost the will to even try that game knowing now that it will likely suck compared to Yakuza.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Jan 2021 - 13:57

The only equivalent I can talk about is Ace Attorney. When game 1 sucked me in, I'd bought the trilogy, and I knew there were other games out there and another on the horizon. That was a good feeling, yup. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2021 - 22:18

I finally got all my backer stuff for Shenmue III (I believe) and my toy is tiny, like no way it's life-size to a capsule toy in game.

We've also been podding again, and I do bring up Yakuza LAD along with the other games in the series

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 14 Apr 2021 - 19:04

We are nearly 1/3 through the year and part from a certain game where you hunt monsters not been much really exiting (My Top 10 so far is only 5 games) but plenty to look forward to and for myself it's these.

May
• Res Evil Village. This is looking good every time we see it, but we do have a showcase tomorrow night and who knows could be delayed.
• World's End Club. Mainly due to who is behind the game I'm excited.

June
• Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. Not for main game remaster but for Yuffie being playable.
• Guilty Gear Strive. Looks like it could be one of the best fighters round.
• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. R&C along with above to me are PS5 games and I do think R&C could be one of the best games of the year, just Sony themselves have dampened my PS5 excitement.
• Mario Golf: Super Rush. Finally, a Mario Golf and unlike the Tennis games in recent years this looks very good.
• Scarlet Nexus. This seems a lot in June and like I said excited for the PS5 games, but I don't think I will be getting one meaning this cool looking JRPG is right on my radar.

July
• Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. Didn't play the first one, which I have heard mixed things, yet this does look cool.
• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. When I tell people I really like SS, they always tell me it's not good now and this remaster will tell me either way on that.
• Cris Tales. Straight into Game Pass and new indie JRPG straight into the service is great news.
• Neo: The World Ends With You. The latest trailer sold me on this.
• Samurai Warriors 5. First one of these on Xbox for years and I love the art style.

August
• Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Part from R&C this is the next game I really want to play on PS5.
• No More Heroes III. I've still not played the first two that is my only real issue but seems I can jump right in.

September
• Life Is Strange: True Colors. I think it's tad to expensive, but I really like the series and how I play games, I'll finish it then trade in.
• Hot Wheels Unleashed. This one might be a bit of shock, yet every time I see it, it looks better and better maybe I just have low expectations for a Hot Wheels game though.

Course other things like Halo Infinite which is just 2021 and if I do all those then my list would be a mile long.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 11:22

I'm not gonna check anything - if I have to check, I'm not that excited. Currently I feel hyped for:

• Pokémon Snap 2 - I don't know if you heard, but I love Pokémon
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 - Monhan, innit
  • No More Heroes 3 - Fuck yeah
  • Samurai Warriors 5 - I haven't had access to a Samurai Musou game since I got well into Japanese history - the Switch has never had one in English. Dead keen.
  • Skyward Sword - I'm hoping we get other Zeldas on Switch too to facilitate a series playthrough like I've been doing with Mario. That said, even if it is just SS I have a tattoo based on that game, I am very excited to replay it.
  • Pokémon Arceus - Not this year, but theoretically within the next 12 months as I type this.
  • A few indies
  • Splatoon 3 - 'nuff said

So it looks like a pretty exciting year. There's also a whole bunch of stuff I now have access to on the PS4 which I'm meaning to play - primarily some Spider-man stuff.
I also have Mario and Zelda games I'm replaying and some other games which I already own and intend to play.

And I won't play any of it because I have Monster Hunter Rise! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 11:40

Year of Switch init, I've got 6 on my list also Snap this month then March to March likely Splat 3 and Pokemon Legends as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 20:44

...cripes I still can't think of anything I'm properly excited for. What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 1f605 I agree with Buska's view on excitement, but off the top of my head I'm coming up empty apart from Silksong, and even that's tinged with apprehension. Neo TWEWY actually took a hit for me in the latest trailer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 19:02

Six days later...
  • Moderate levels of proximity-based hype for Famicom Detective Club. Doesn't seem quite as essential now given my third bullet.
  • Reasonable levels of hype for Earthblade, which will dimish as my brain cottons onto the fact that it's not out for probably years.
  • Extreme hype for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. This is my equivalent of MHR for you Mash blokes. #yearofthecapcom

So. That's a turnaround.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 18:11

So, just off the top of my head, these are the games which I know for a fact I'll be buying soon:

Switch

• No More Heroes III (FORGOT THIS ONE!)
  • Ace Attorney
  • Life is Strange
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Pokémon Shining Pearl
  • Pokémon Arceus
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Splatoon 3
  • Advance Wars
  • Skyward Sword
  • Metroid Dread
  • Wario Ware
  • Samurai Warriors 5
  • The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild "soon"
  • Metroid Prime 4 ""soon""
  • Bayonetta 3

Elsewhere
Elden Ring, I guess

And I still have an ongoing Mario series playthrough, various Pokémon games which I'm playing in pursuit of a living dex, Monster Hunter, I'm gonna play all them Samurai games on PS4 . . .

Oh and I have like a life and stuff. And projects I wanna do.

Yo, I might not be on here so much lol

Last edited by Buskalilly on Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 2:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 18:29

DESERTER! DAMN YOU!

Add Metroid Dread and WarioWare: Get It Doon Ye to my 'hyped' pile.  And BotW2, but that'll fall off again (like Earthblade has) until we're closer to release/see another trailer.

JayMoyles wrote:
It's yet another nail in the coffin for me picking up a Playstation when the next generation properly launches.

From page 2. Suspect
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 20:17

Going to skip July as July Release thread be going up soon (name ideas please), so this is what I'm looking forward to in 2021

Xbox
12 Minutes, highly anticipated indie with star cast
Psychonauts 2, don't seem to be many platformers this year and this looks lovely & colourful
Life Is Strange: True Colors, fan of the series not sure if I'll get the remaster of LiS & BtS though
Tales of Arise, Tales can be hit & miss this looks like the real deal though
Back 4 Blood, one if it wasn't in Game Pass wouldn't be hugely excited about even though I liked L4D as £50 for this sort of game is a lot yet knowing it is in Game Pass I'm excited now
Forza Horizon 5, very well could be my GOTY
Fatal Frame: Maiden Of Black Water, poor Wii U but now not super expensive have seen it's digital only still which is meh
Halo Infinite, Dun Dun Dun

Switch
No More Heroes III, hope it's good
Sonic Colors: Ultimate, it's Sonic and I've never played it
Metroid Dread, looks good and I want to like a Metroid as I do like some Metrodvania's
Shin Megami Tensei V, I know Atlus can bring it
Pokémon Shining Pearl, its Pokémon and I've not played this gen
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp, great on GBA
Cruis'n Blast, said I wanted a racer on Switch
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, you all seen it right?

Other
Zelda Game & Watch, ZELDA! ZELDA! ZELDA!
Rondo of Blood getting an English Turbo-CD release

Likely bunch of indies and stuff coming to Game Pass but overall think decent year to come

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 18 Jun 2021 - 13:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 2:02

masofdas wrote:

No More Heroes III, hope it's good
I forgot to list this until I woke up this morning and saw they'd demoed it on Treehouse.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 12:38

Hunners for me to be looking forward to. I’ll definitely be getting those new Mario Golf, WarioWare, No More Heroes and Metroid games, and I’ll get those Pokemon, Super Monkey Ball and Sonic Colours remakes and remasters too. I might go for Cruis’n Blast and Mario Party Superstars at a quieter time too, and then there’s the annual FIFA in amongst that.

No doubt along the way, there’ll be retro stuff that’ll suddenly appear and grab my attention. That’s just the way it goes with me: I might plan on sitting through a Zelda, but in the end I wind up playing through a ROM of a Data East game from 1993 instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 16:12

Just sorted out my preorders as sites put up E3 stuff and I have just done all Nintendo stuff at the moment.

It's Nine Games and the Game & Watch, don't say it mas, don't say it #yearoftheswitch then some maybes like Mario Party ahh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 0:52

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:03

Darn I said year 4 on the Podcast not 5.

Year 4 was good though if they make me talk about that, it was Animal Crossing and umm.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:07

masofdas wrote:
Darn I said year 4 on the Podcast not 5. Year 4 was good though if they make me talk about that, it was Animal Crossing and umm.

The Switch is 4 years old, but that means this is year 5.
What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 E570ee30c59291e60f39eca9f360fd50_crop_north
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:14

It was a quick mistake at the end of the cast as I was trying to say the Switch year started in March because of its birthday.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:24

Oh yeah, I'm not having a go, easy mistake to make. I was just reminded of that amusing convo.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 13:18

He's 34 though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 13:24

The whole year of the Switch thing is a bit serious as I think part from the launch year this is the most games I'm getting on the console in one year be that calendar or March to March, which I've explained why before previous years not been for me part from the odd banger like Animal Crossing last year.

Also, it's sort of a joke as the gaming media is all PlayStation Vs Xbox even though tad pointless as different strategy by the two companies and both next/current gen consoles sold out, yet Nintendo is quietly going about its business and going by fiscal (yes boring) plans should have its best year and got a decent game per month coming as well.

Oh, and I'm now going to get Sonic Colours on Switch, as feels more at home than Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:33

I'm just welcoming the positive attitude to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 22:21

Seeing if 6-months-ago-me was a bellend... yep
Jimbob wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Ooh - ooh - Psychonauts 2! The first one was the most imaginative world I'd seen in a long time, and there was a big worry the franchise would disappear. End of the year apparently.
Oh. Yeah. That. STILL.
It's nearly here! It's nearly here! It's nearly here!
Jimbob wrote:
The new Horizon game - although I'll probably have to fork out on a PS5 as it sounds like some of the "Legacy" versions promised will be a bit shonky
I'm still not getting a PS5 yet. Nope
Jimbob wrote:
And the Prince of Persia remake.
I'm not getting that. Or I'm getting it and not telling you about it.
Jimbob wrote:
Computamambob
That new Sam and Max. Wait, it's not VR exclusive is it?
What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 Giphy
Did I imagine a game? It was just a remake wasn't it? If so, not excited, played the Wii-era ones before
Jimbob wrote:
The new Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe - I really loved the original version
Excited is too strong a word

Jimbob wrote:
Swertch
BOTW2 - I would say "please otherwise everything is ruined forever" but actually I've got plenty to do already, and don't mind waiting until I've got a bit more time to spend on this.
2022! And I've still not played the first one again. Still really excited for this, even after the 2.7 seconds we saw at E3

Jimbob wrote:
Other than that, I just like to be pleasantly surprised by something new.
This is still true. I'm trying to word this as a positive rather than a negative, but apart from the Nintendo Direct, I've been much more excited by the indie events - Wholesome Direct, Devolver Digital's stuff, etc. Or, things that take an old game concept that was starting to disappear. But I am legit excited for a few weird things now:
Ynglet! A platformer without platforms, or gravity really
Starmancer! A space station sim, but without the war-y strategy shit, and more like a SimCity
Titan Chaser! A first-person giant monster shepherding experience
KeyWe! A post office puzzler
Toodee and Topdee! A 2D puzzle game with 2 characters, one seeing the world side-on, the other top-down
Bird Problems! An interative sitcom starring birds! I bet I hate this when it finally arrives
Tunic! It's like isometric Zelda but you're a little fox with a sword! OK, that's not new, but it's adorable
I'd also add something like Toem, but strangely there are about half a dozen photography-based games in development. And a lot of soup-making games. What's going on here?

Oh and of course now Metroid Dread. Really excited by Metroid Dread - I was "dreading" Metroid Prime 4 would be the only Metroid thing for about 5 years, which appears to be in development hell, and might be disappointing anyway.
Ooh - ooh - and Elden Ring. Was really a bit burned out by From Software, as I think I got to Dark Souls too late, and played all 3 + Bloodborne too close to each other. But this is like Dark Souls².
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 18:08

I think Sam & Max was a remake, sadly.  I say 'sadly', I missed it on Wii and it's one of my top ten Switch games - but yes, sadly overall.  

I'm up for KeyWe as a co-op game.  Not excited, but up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)   What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What In Gaming Are You Excited For? (Going Into Hyperdrive)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next